Bluenotes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bluenotes Interview Questions

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Bluenotes

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bluenotes (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

It took a month before I got a phone interview (and by then I had forgotten what position I had even applied for...). It took 15-20 minutes, and while the questions weren't hard, they were pretty dumb. I wasn't even sure how to answer most of them. "How do you get your point across in a group" "How do you handle someone interrupting your schedule" "What specific things can you do in Excel".

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the Bluenotes target male customer?   1 Answer
    • Who do you think our direct competition is?   1 Answer

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bluenotes (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and two days later I received an email from HR asking when I would be free to do a telephone interview. The call took about 20 minutes. The interviewer asked me to walk her through my resume describing all my previous roles and the reasons for leaving. The questions were average. No behavioural type questions or anything that would throw you off.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How would you describe Bluenotes style?
      How did you get into design?
      What are your salary expectations?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluenotes.

Interview

I walked in, handed them my resume and they asked me to come back that same day for an interview. When I did come back for the interview it was right there in the store, the manager asked me a few questions and I was hired right there on the spot.

Interview Questions

• the most unexpected question was probably why I wanted to work there   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg Beach, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluenotes (Winnipeg Beach, MB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

it was an average group interview held by two of the mangers and there were about 15 in the group the actual interview itself consisted of: icebreakers,questions,improv on selling to customer, picking an item from your outfit to sell a customer too. it ended with refiling out application form and giving your availability.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bluenotes (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

I got called for an interview and then I realized it was a group interview when I walked in. There were about 20 people in the store who were waiting to be interviewed. We made a circle standing and went around the circle describing ourselves. The interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bluenotes?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluenotes (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Standard generic interview questions. Interview took place in the storage room behind a store. Highly unprofessional. Interviewer seemed bored like he did not want to be there. Interview was short, about 10 minutes.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bluenotes (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

I handed in my resume in person and was called the same day to come in for an interview. She asked me some basic retail questions and I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• Put together an outfit for this upcoming Winter, you have 5 minutes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluenotes (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Had an interview with the store manager, and then a second interview with the district manager. Hiring process took about 2 weeks from the first interview. The store manager questions were the pretty standard ones, really wanted to get a feel for my personality, and work experience. The district manager had some tough questions about KPI's, so make sure you know the main kip's in retail.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Some negotiation on wage, based on experience and volume. It's retail though, so it's nothing crazy.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bluenotes (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

they provide training, the interview process was very simple. the manager would just like to see that you're a normal person.