Bluestem Brands Interview Questions in Eden Prairie, MN | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

2 reps interviewed me for a temporary Recruiter role. 1 rep talked 95 % of the time while the other was fairly new, I guess. Neither seemed too interested in conducting the interview as apparently they already had someone selected (I'm only speculating)? They did their best to awkwardly rush me out the door while paying very little attention to my answers or my questions regarding the position and the company.
    I asked them a question: When answering a question regarding the company and the role, they painted a picture of the position being very difficult... almost as if it was a position I shouldn't want to go after. Maybe they were each in a bad mood because of a reason I was unaware of, but it was an interview experience I wasn't real thrilled about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

Bluestem Brands Response

May 29, 2015 – Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for telling us how we are doing. We are sorry that your experience was less than exceptional. We are thankful for the time every candidate spends with us and we do not take that for ... More

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Laid back and relaxed atmosphere, panel of 4 people asked questions. Went through the last six or eight years of work experience. Interview was conducted in large open area with make shift conference room separated by dividers, was a little noisy and distracting at first. Pretty general review of past work, not many difficult technical coding questions, fairly high-level discussions.

Interview Questions

• Do you like front-end or back-end development work?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2014.

Interview

I originally had a phone interview which led into a person-to-person interview. The interview at BlueStem lasted about two hours and I met with different groups of people: marketing, sales, operations. They did a log of the talking which surprised me. They were all very nice people to talk to. I then had a final breakfast interview after I made it into the final three individuals.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was really fast. Phone screnning then in person with couple members of the group. Overall good experience. They make sure the people coming in are knowlegeable and good

Interview Questions

• How will you go about solving this or this issues that of question. If you know what you are doing, those are not questions you should worry about. Basic types   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not want to negociate too much.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

A typical interview with 1 person. Then after a nice conversation a panel of dept. workers came in with a list of questions for me. I answered them with ease and felt good about my answers. Then was told that someone from HR would be in touch.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where things were stressful, how did you get through it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was pleased with their original offer.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN).

Interview

Several sets of interviews that included human resources, peers, managers and higher level leadership. I was asked many questions about my experience, how I handled situations in my previous employment and how I would handle them here. We talked at length about the culture here. We went through my portolio in detail. The people interviewing me seemed really eager and enthusiastic to talk to me and all seemed to genuinely like the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about a time when I had to deliver bad news to someone, and how I handled it. That kind of threw me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a tiny bit. They have awesome benefits, so I didn't feel like I really needed to.

Marketing Analyst, ECommerce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in February 2013.

Interview

I applied for the job in mid-December. I received a call shortly thereafter wanting to schedule a phone interview. I had that phone interview the day after Christmas. It was a fairly standard interview with an HR staffer.

I heard back after a couple of weeks, letting me know that I was selected for an in-person interview. I met with the hiring manager and the director of the department. These interviews went well, so I was called back in mid-February for a second interview, where I met with two other marketing employees. I really had a good conversation with one of them in particular.

I did not hear back at the time I expected followup, so I called the hiring manager. I found I did not get the job, but they were looking to see if they could add me in another role. This did not turn out as well. That being said, it was still a positive experience as I look for the right job for me.

Interview Questions

• What was a situation where you had to deal with a difficult person?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interviewed for 35 minutes. I was then scheduled for 2 in-person interview sessions. I met with at least 2-3 people at each in person interview. Lots of paperwork to fill out and background checks.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very efficient and smooth. After applying you are contacted for a phone interview if they are interested in you. After that I was contacted to come in for a face-to-face interview with a few people in the company and was later called back for a final interview with yet a few more people in the company. They are a results-oriented and analytical company so be ready for some analytical-type interview questions. Overall HR was very prompt and flexible when scheduling the interviews and everything was very well organized. They were friendly, welcoming, and professional throughout the whole process. I was impressed!

Interview Questions

• Not needing an exact answer, but being more concered about how you come up with the answer to this question, how many McDonald's do you think there are in the U.S.?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2011.

Interview

Basic programming questions, strengths and qualifications. Straight forward and easy. Laid back company so laid back interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.