Bluestem Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Middleton, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Lengthy, but fairly easy. I actually took control of interview. Interviewer was easy-going and friendly. I got a good vibe and am excited to work at Bluestem. The interview overall was longer than I expected, I met with three individuals. Two of them seemed great, one however, seemed disinterested and annoyed to be involved in the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their initial compensation offer was in line with my expectations and I agreed.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands in August 2016.

Interview

I received the email to confirm a phone interview at 11AM on Monday, and I missed the call because the HR called from MN. So she called from MN at 11 but my time was 9AM... Then we rescheduled the phone interview on Wednesday. Just talking about the basics like background, skills and status, etc.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Warren, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I emailed a resume and was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a short initial interview. She then arranged a second interview. I met with two people- the copy director and the director for creative. The male director of creative was much more personable than the copy director, but they were both friendly enough. It was clear that I didn't have the level of experience that they were looking for, although they still had me meet with the VP of Creative before I left. Experience was much more important to them than potential, from what I could tell. They never contacted me afterward, which I know is typical.

Interview Questions

• What type of writing have you done? Any home or fashion writing experience?   Answer Question

Merchandise Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview

First interview was with HR over the phone. Basic questions, although the interviewer showed no interest in any of my answers. Surprisingly, heard back about a week later and asked to come in for an in person interview. The second interview was very easy. No behavioral interview questions, just discussion about the position and my goals. I thought it was a little odd that the interviewers kept saying over and over how difficult the position was. They repeated it many times, which sort of turned me away. Was told i would hear back in 1-2 weeks. Never did hear back after over 6 weeks, and i didn't feel the need to follow up with them since I received an offer from a different company during that time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview

Met directly with the person I would be replacing and another I would be working with. General questions regarding my experiences and why I wanted to work there. I was then greeted by the person who would be my manager and we chatted for about 15 minutes.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview

It was okay. There was a pretty long phone interview then in person interviews. The time between interviews seemed a little long compared to other companies. The building is not all that great, but I was told it was going to improve? The HR people seemed a little confused about the job. And the HR person was late. That didn't give me a very good impresion. It seems like they are growing fast and there will be opportunity in the future.

Interview Questions

• About my career goals. About experiences I have had, situations at other companies. It seemed like they were looking for a good fit.   Answer Question

Jul 22, 2015 – Manager Talent Acquisition

We really appreciate your feedback and will provide it back to our team. We are indeed moving into a new building in 2016 and are very excited about the move!

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Initial phone interview was pretty casual. It took only about 15 minutes. First we went over all the job experiences on my resume, followed by a few question about what I was looking for in my next position and a little chat about the company. Interviewer was very young and didn't know much about the industry.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you presented a concept that was rejected?   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online via the website, which seemed clunky and I wasn't able to track the progress of my application moving forward.
    The recruiter reached out to me three weeks later and asked to schedule a phone interview. We scheduled it for the middle of the following week.
    The day prior to the phone interview, the recruiter reached out to me via e-mail to inform me they had found "the perfect fit" and were moving forward with another person, essentially canceling my phone interview.
    Needless to say, I thought it was somewhat unprofessional to schedule a phone interview with me and cancel less than 24 hours before it was to take place.
    If the company was that far along in the process with someone (offer stage), why would they schedule a phone interview with me? I would think the company would have gone through and interviewed ALL of the candidates before making a selection.

May 2, 2015 – Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. First, we are always happy to let candidates know their status in the process, so any candidate can contact the assigned recruiter for more information. Although more... More

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

Terribly unprofessional. Completely ignored 2 phone interview meetings. When we actually had the phone interview ( after 2 reschedules), I could tell that she was reading my resume for the first time as the interview was being conducted. She stops the interview mid way through and says " I see that you don't have any supply chain management experience. The hiring manager is requiring 7+ years of experience. Thats kind of a deal breaker". Ok, then why did you get in touch with me for an interview? If anyone from Bluestem reads this; please write an accurate summary of qualifications for positions. This particular HR employee could use some professional courtesy training by learning how to not waste peoples time. It would help to read someones resume BEFORE calling them for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Same unimaginative questions almost all HR depts ask. Predictable behavior questions.   Answer Question

May 2, 2015 – Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. Candidates should never feel that we don’t value their time or that we haven’t fully vetted their resume. I am sorry you had this experience and we... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

2 reps interviewed me for a temporary Recruiter role. 1 rep talked 95 % of the time while the other was fairly new, I guess. Neither seemed too interested in conducting the interview as apparently they already had someone selected (I'm only speculating)? They did their best to awkwardly rush me out the door while paying very little attention to my answers or my questions regarding the position and the company.
    I asked them a question: When answering a question regarding the company and the role, they painted a picture of the position being very difficult... almost as if it was a position I shouldn't want to go after. Maybe they were each in a bad mood because of a reason I was unaware of, but it was an interview experience I wasn't real thrilled about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

May 29, 2015 – Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for telling us how we are doing. We are sorry that your experience was less than exceptional. We are thankful for the time every candidate spends with us and we do not take that for... More