Bluestem Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.6

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process was really fast. Phone screnning then in person with couple members of the group. Overall good experience. They make sure the people coming in are knowlegeable and good

Interview Questions

• How will you go about solving this or this issues that of question. If you know what you are doing, those are not questions you should worry about. Basic types   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not want to negociate too much.

Interview

I applied online via the website, which seemed clunky and I wasn't able to track the progress of my application moving forward.
    The recruiter reached out to me three weeks later and asked to schedule a phone interview. We scheduled it for the middle of the following week.
    The day prior to the phone interview, the recruiter reached out to me via e-mail to inform me they had found "the perfect fit" and were moving forward with another person, essentially canceling my phone interview.
    Needless to say, I thought it was somewhat unprofessional to schedule a phone interview with me and cancel less than 24 hours before it was to take place.
    If the company was that far along in the process with someone (offer stage), why would they schedule a phone interview with me? I would think the company would have gone through and interviewed ALL of the candidates before making a selection.

May 2, 2015 – Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the feedback. First, we are always happy to let candidates know their status in the process, so any candidate can contact the assigned recruiter for more information. Although more ... More

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Warren, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I emailed a resume and was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a short initial interview. She then arranged a second interview. I met with two people- the copy director and the director for creative. The male director of creative was much more personable than the copy director, but they were both friendly enough. It was clear that I didn't have the level of experience that they were looking for, although they still had me meet with the VP of Creative before I left. Experience was much more important to them than potential, from what I could tell. They never contacted me afterward, which I know is typical.

Interview Questions

• What type of writing have you done? Any home or fashion writing experience?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview

Very simple and easy. Did not really have an interview, just showed up and did the training.

Negotiation

No negotiation. This is what we have to offer.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview

Met directly with the person I would be replacing and another I would be working with. General questions regarding my experiences and why I wanted to work there. I was then greeted by the person who would be my manager and we chatted for about 15 minutes.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Saint Cloud, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

easy to go through, went to temp service to gat job, simple question like can you add, do you have realiable transportation, buy steel tip shoes, what hours would you like to work, can you physically do the job

Senior Contact Center Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2011.

Interview

I received an email from the Talent Acquisition Manager while I was out of the country on vacation. I responded and said I would return in two weeks. She said that would be fine, and when I returned, she set up two days of interviews. I interviewed with my hiring manager and the VP above him at the headquarters in Eden Prairie, and then later that week I drove up to Saint Cloud (where the call center is) and interviewed with a panel of four people. The culture is very casual at Bluestem, which was apparent during the interviews. I was, of course, all decked out in a suit, and my (eventual) boss was wearing jeans and a neon green shirt. In terms of interview questions, they were pretty typical behavioral questions. Nothing too surprising.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would measure customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a base salary, and when I asked for more (approximately 5%), my boss said that I would make that and more with the yearly bonus. He did, however agree to revisit my salary at the six-month mark, which he did. I got 4% then, after 6 months of good work.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in July 2011.

Interview

Basic programming questions, strengths and qualifications. Straight forward and easy. Laid back company so laid back interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Product Content Support Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview

Had a 15 minute phone call learning about the position. Was later invited to an in-person interview that consisted of two 30 minute sessions with one interviewer each. I received positive feedback and was told they would be recommending me to fill the position. I was working with the senior recruiter who was extremely unprofessional. She was unreachable by phone and email for weeks even when the front desk told me she was in her office. I ended up getting another offer that I needed to respond to ASAP which I accepted. I couldn't wait for Bluestem to finally get back to me on the interview that I had three weeks prior. Communication was nonexistent.

Interview Questions

Bluestem Brands Response

Jun 16, 2014 – Senior Vice President, HR

My apologies for this situation. Bluestem would never want any employee, candidate, or customer to feel this way. I realize that you have moved on to a new role, however, please feel free to reach ... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

2 reps interviewed me for a temporary Recruiter role. 1 rep talked 95 % of the time while the other was fairly new, I guess. Neither seemed too interested in conducting the interview as apparently they already had someone selected (I'm only speculating)? They did their best to awkwardly rush me out the door while paying very little attention to my answers or my questions regarding the position and the company.
    I asked them a question: When answering a question regarding the company and the role, they painted a picture of the position being very difficult... almost as if it was a position I shouldn't want to go after. Maybe they were each in a bad mood because of a reason I was unaware of, but it was an interview experience I wasn't real thrilled about.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience   1 Answer

May 29, 2015 – Manager Talent Acquisition

Thank you so much for telling us how we are doing. We are sorry that your experience was less than exceptional. We are thankful for the time every candidate spends with us and we do not take that for ... More