Bluestem Brands Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

2.6

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2013.

Interview

A typical interview with 1 person. Then after a nice conversation a panel of dept. workers came in with a list of questions for me. I answered them with ease and felt good about my answers. Then was told that someone from HR would be in touch.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where things were stressful, how did you get through it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was pleased with their original offer.

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Madison, WI) in March 2014.

Interview

I was first reached out to via email and confirmed a time to come in and interview with my future supervisor. After the interview, which went very well, I was then called by HR and another brands Tech manager to review in more detail my skills and background.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Saint Cloud, MN) in August 2013.

Interview

easy to go through, went to temp service to gat job, simple question like can you add, do you have realiable transportation, buy steel tip shoes, what hours would you like to work, can you physically do the job

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Warren, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

I emailed a resume and was contacted by a recruiter who conducted a short initial interview. She then arranged a second interview. I met with two people- the copy director and the director for creative. The male director of creative was much more personable than the copy director, but they were both friendly enough. It was clear that I didn't have the level of experience that they were looking for, although they still had me meet with the VP of Creative before I left. Experience was much more important to them than potential, from what I could tell. They never contacted me afterward, which I know is typical.

Interview Questions

• What type of writing have you done? Any home or fashion writing experience?   Answer Question

Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interviewed for 35 minutes. I was then scheduled for 2 in-person interview sessions. I met with at least 2-3 people at each in person interview. Lots of paperwork to fill out and background checks.

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands in August 2016.

Interview

I received the email to confirm a phone interview at 11AM on Monday, and I missed the call because the HR called from MN. So she called from MN at 11 but my time was 9AM... Then we rescheduled the phone interview on Wednesday. Just talking about the basics like background, skills and status, etc.

Creative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middleton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Middleton, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Lengthy, but fairly easy. I actually took control of interview. Interviewer was easy-going and friendly. I got a good vibe and am excited to work at Bluestem. The interview overall was longer than I expected, I met with three individuals. Two of them seemed great, one however, seemed disinterested and annoyed to be involved in the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Their initial compensation offer was in line with my expectations and I agreed.

Merchandise Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview

First interview was with HR over the phone. Basic questions, although the interviewer showed no interest in any of my answers. Surprisingly, heard back about a week later and asked to come in for an in person interview. The second interview was very easy. No behavioral interview questions, just discussion about the position and my goals. I thought it was a little odd that the interviewers kept saying over and over how difficult the position was. They repeated it many times, which sort of turned me away. Was told i would hear back in 1-2 weeks. Never did hear back after over 6 weeks, and i didn't feel the need to follow up with them since I received an offer from a different company during that time.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands (Eden Prairie, MN) in November 2014.

Interview

Laid back and relaxed atmosphere, panel of 4 people asked questions. Went through the last six or eight years of work experience. Interview was conducted in large open area with make shift conference room separated by dividers, was a little noisy and distracting at first. Pretty general review of past work, not many difficult technical coding questions, fairly high-level discussions.

Interview Questions

• Do you like front-end or back-end development work?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Bluestem Brands.

Interview

Met directly with the person I would be replacing and another I would be working with. General questions regarding my experiences and why I wanted to work there. I was then greeted by the person who would be my manager and we chatted for about 15 minutes.