Boardvantage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boardvantage Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boardvantage

Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boardvantage (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a head hunter who arranged for a phone interview with the HR Generalist . Following a good phone interview , I was invited for an in person interview with the HR Generalist and the CFO. A day after the in person interview I was told there would be an interview with the CEO. But a week after, I came to know that they have decided to go forward with another candidate. The questions put forth by the HR Generalist was OK unfortunately it was very clear that the CFO didn't have a clue about the HR function. CFO kept insisting on international HR expertise ( which I obviously had ) but the need seems misplaced since their number of international employees are very low. Good learning point was that if the HR is reporting to CFO, and does not have a seat at the decision table then it will not be a great place for most professionals. No regrets on the rejection here.

Interview Questions

• How many years of international HR experience do you have ?
      Have you set up benefits for International employees ?
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boardvantage (Menlo Park, CA).

Interview

usually 3 rounds interview HR, telephonic and on site interview and on site interview usually takes 2 or 3 hours.

Lead Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boardvantage in February 2014.

Interview

Be warned - this may be called a Lead Security Engineer, but you will not be leading anyone. The company does not have a CISO, or anyone at the C level for promoting Information Security. Hence this role is the scapegoat for when it hits the fan - and it will at some point considering the platform and lack of attention to minimizing risk. There is no management role in this, though they are calling it a 'lead' and you could be mentoring some other folks - but no management role, or the salary that goes with it.

So all the direct applications received the generic "thanks, but no" emails last week - and now the headhunter bodyshops are combing the online resumes looking for candidates. As if those in the InfoSec community do not talk with each other.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions that I was bound by NDA; then accused me of not really knowing the answer.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boardvantage (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

This was a couple of years ago.
    So, i was interview with technical panel.
    Interview went for around 3 hours.
    1. what is singleton
    2. what is jdbc
    3. any collections you are acquianted with other than arraylist for list?
    4. what is DAO
    5. construct a bst

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation was with the CTO . He offered me a pay package, which was very generous. The Director also had a discussion with me regarding the pay package. And we negotiated the amount. This was in accordance with the rest of the companies in menlo park. There was no HR at the time, so the CTO was kind enough to provide the compensation.

Am Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boardvantage (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

3 interviews. 1 with HR, 1 with Mgr and 1 with Mgr & team members, Initially the head of HR interviewed who then in turn passed it on to the VP for the area and then then the manager for the region. All very amicable and straight forward. Just be truthful.

Interview Questions

• mostly personality fit and experiences with other companies geared towards how to deal with c leverl and above execs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no redlining is allowed. Just accept the contract as this is a US company.