Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) Interview Questions in Alexandria, VA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2016

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States)

Assistant Claims Adjuster Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Alexandria, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview discussing previews jobs first, then I went in for an in person interview. Was given 2 tests on the computer and then another short interview with the recruiter that did the phone interview. Then I shadowed a representative for a short time followed by an interview with 2 hiring managers. Was given a contingent offer on the spot before leaving.

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Alexandria, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a multi-step process. I had 2 phone interviews before I had the face - to - face interview. On the first interview call the recruiter discussed my salary expectations with me. I stated my minimum and what I would not accept below. I asked if that would be a problem and the recruiter assured me that it was not a problem; However when the offer was made it did not meet my minimum at all. I feel that it was a waste of my time to go through the entire process if they weren't even going to offer the minimum that was discussed. It doesn't seem that they are too sure of the direction the company is now going in since merging with Geico. Therefore a lot of the questions were vague.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Why BoatUS? Tell us about your role now and how it relates.   Answer Question

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Alexandria, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

BoatUS has an extensive interview process. I had four interviews (two by phone with HR, one in person with a peer and then one with the hiring manager) and two (rather long) tests. The hiring manager told me that HR makes it a long and laborious interview process. Both the HR rep and the hiring manager told me they would let me know either way; I was referred by someone who works peripherally with the company, and the hiring manager told me that if I had boat experience, she wouldn't be interviewing other people at all (I'm told that two others made it to the hiring-manager-interview/second-test round.). So I thought things were very positive. Once I completed the final test, the hiring manager told me she hoped to make a decision in two weeks. In three weeks, I emailed her to find out where they were in the decision making. She assured me that they were still considering me and that they would make a decision "very soon," but that they recently had a deadline (one that was planned and expected, not a surprise deadline) that derailed the hiring process. That was more than four weeks ago. This week, I emailed the hiring manager and the HR rep, and I left a vm for HR--no response. So I withdrew my application. I'm really looking for a company that works professionally, honestly, and with integrity. I haven't seen that in this process.

Interview Questions

• HR said she wanted to review my last three positions, and then she asked me about jobs I did more than 10 years ago. I pointed out that those weren't my last three, but she insisted that they were. So I just answered her questions about them.   Answer Question

Lack of communication during the decision process. When they say they'll make a decision "very soon," and then four weeks go by, and they don't respond to email or vm, it's not going to be a good fit professionally for me. I expect honest and direct communication in a professional setting.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Alexandria, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a short phone interview, then I was called in for a typing and role play test & given an interview with HR, then an interview with my would be managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you sold someone something that they did not want to buy.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Alexandria, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and I was called over the phone to ask about when I could come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed in person with an HR official and it was very easy going. They asked me a lot of questions about how I would deal with certain situations involving customers and questions about my experience in conflict resolution, customer service, and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a situation involving an impatient customer who wants an answer immediately if you do not have the answer on hand.   Answer Question