Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) Interview Questions

Interviews at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States)

2.4

Sort:

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Alexandria, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a multi-step process. I had 2 phone interviews before I had the face - to - face interview. On the first interview call the recruiter discussed my salary expectations with me. I stated my minimum and what I would not accept below. I asked if that would be a problem and the recruiter assured me that it was not a problem; However when the offer was made it did not meet my minimum at all. I feel that it was a waste of my time to go through the entire process if they weren't even going to offer the minimum that was discussed. It doesn't seem that they are too sure of the direction the company is now going in since merging with Geico. Therefore a lot of the questions were vague.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Why BoatUS? Tell us about your role now and how it relates.   Answer Question

Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) in May 2017.

Interview

Got a call from HR after applying online within 2 weeks. It went good.Next got an Excel Challenge online which was for 30 minutes. After clearing that round I was scheduled for Hiring Manager interview but was cancelled the last minute due to some reasons.

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Alexandria, VA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and I was called over the phone to ask about when I could come in for an in-person interview. I interviewed in person with an HR official and it was very easy going. They asked me a lot of questions about how I would deal with certain situations involving customers and questions about my experience in conflict resolution, customer service, and problem solving.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle a situation involving an impatient customer who wants an answer immediately if you do not have the answer on hand.   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) in September 2014.

Interview

The process included personlity test, data entry test, writing sample and short interview. Interviewer was nice but very unprofessional. She repeatedly commented how tired she was from the night before because she "partied." Very ironic since the personality test asked several questions about stealing, alcohol consumption and illegal drug use. Not at all what you would expect for a professional position at an insurance company.

Interview Questions

• If you could have any other job in the world besides this one, what would it be?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Fairfax, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I was early by fifteen minutes to the interview. At the appointed time, I was asked if I could wait for thirty minutes. I could and did, the interview was quite short, only 3 questions asked. I think I asked more questions than I received.

Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Alexandria, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

BoatUS has an extensive interview process. I had four interviews (two by phone with HR, one in person with a peer and then one with the hiring manager) and two (rather long) tests. The hiring manager told me that HR makes it a long and laborious interview process. Both the HR rep and the hiring manager told me they would let me know either way; I was referred by someone who works peripherally with the company, and the hiring manager told me that if I had boat experience, she wouldn't be interviewing other people at all (I'm told that two others made it to the hiring-manager-interview/second-test round.). So I thought things were very positive. Once I completed the final test, the hiring manager told me she hoped to make a decision in two weeks. In three weeks, I emailed her to find out where they were in the decision making. She assured me that they were still considering me and that they would make a decision "very soon," but that they recently had a deadline (one that was planned and expected, not a surprise deadline) that derailed the hiring process. That was more than four weeks ago. This week, I emailed the hiring manager and the HR rep, and I left a vm for HR--no response. So I withdrew my application. I'm really looking for a company that works professionally, honestly, and with integrity. I haven't seen that in this process.

Interview Questions

• HR said she wanted to review my last three positions, and then she asked me about jobs I did more than 10 years ago. I pointed out that those weren't my last three, but she insisted that they were. So I just answered her questions about them.   Answer Question

Lack of communication during the decision process. When they say they'll make a decision "very soon," and then four weeks go by, and they don't respond to email or vm, it's not going to be a good fit professionally for me. I expect honest and direct communication in a professional setting.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Alexandria, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

When i was hired they were very pleasant and promised a lot. The company is always changing and a lot of the job responsibilities were not advised or made up along the way.

Transportation Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States).

Interview

Pretty straight forward, none of the questions asked were out of the ordinary. The interviewer was nice and followed a script with minimal to average conversation in between answers. Interview lasted about 40 minutes and they make you take a data entry exam.

Interview Questions

• If we were to call your past employer, what would they say is a strength of yours?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

I went in for interview after doing phone interview, took typing test, and other test interviewed with 3 managers then got call/email back same day saying that I got the position, dress professionally don't be nervous don't be late they are big on time. Just be honest and win them over.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how would I interact with a rude or mean customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boat US (Boat Owners Association of The United States) (Alexandria, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had a short phone interview, then I was called in for a typing and role play test & given an interview with HR, then an interview with my would be managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you sold someone something that they did not want to buy.   Answer Question