Bob Evans Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.6

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

Had one interview, nothing available in my area then another interview a few months later when something opened up. Had to work the restaurant for 2 hours prior to job offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bob Evans

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Midland, MI).

Interview

Interviewing for management was a two step interview process. First with corporate regional talent recruiter and if you passed then with district manager. If hired, you will begin a 14 week paid training program at a certified training store and end with the last week at the corporate office. The corporate office visit will consist of being certified for ServSafe, Operations management, and touring the Bob Evans Farm at Rio Grande.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Very brief ask me what can I bring to the company. How was my availability. They were extremely nice. I heard it was a hood place yo work for but I did not know if they would look at my resume or my age. Called me on a Monday met with him on a Thursdays.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

I was phone interviewed first, which was weird but pretty textbook. Then I had a second interview with an Area Coach. I was told to go to Bob Evans, order food and observe the store, then ask for the guy interviewing me. I was sat in a corner so I couldn't see anyone or anything going on other than a couple tables.
    The interview was nice, typical. Seemed very promising and the guy was personable.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through Careerbuilder, was called back within 1 week for a sit down interview with Regional Recruiter. After first interview, was called back within same day to schedule formal interview with Area Coach. After the interview, I was asked to come in to one of the locations to job shadow and provide input with my experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you motive employees in order to increase sales?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you have to deal with an upset guest, and what you did to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • What do you think it means to be a brand ambassador?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. You will need to sell your experiences and answer a few, " How would you handle this type of scenarios. I met one on one with the District Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Dayton, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview process was fairly easy.One in person interview and one phone interview.Never saw the in person Manager again.He was very nice.Next interview was done by district manager who only cares about the money .Was very thankful at the time to get a interview but now really dislike this company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (North Dayton, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I drove down to Dayton for the interview which is about an hour drive for me. I met with a hiring manager and had a one on one interview. The interview itself lasted about an hour or so. I thought everything went well. But I was mistaken, I called back to find out that I did not get the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

Three step process. No hard questions. Just talk and have a good personality. Asked about my experience. One of the area managers went on and on about how wealthy the company was and you should act really impressed. They will talk you up about knowing how to run labor, which should have been a red flag, since "Managing" usually meant the dishwasher called out and you're stuck for 8 hours in the tank.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Bob Evans?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They threw me the number I suggested.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Thomas, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Fort Thomas, KY) in April 2014.

Interview

I filled out the online application after leaving my former employer. I first received a call from the area recruiter to set up an interview. Then a second call that came pretty quickly thereafter to set up a second interview with a district manager. After which I was scheduled to visit my local location for a Real Job Preview.

Interview Questions

• What level of experience did I have?   1 Answer