Bob Evans Interview Questions in Columbus, OH | Glassdoor

1.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Carryout Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grove City, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Grove City, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied to be a server. I was told by the (later found to be criminal) general manager that I would need to start on carryout. I was pretty lucky, as most girls were forced to start as a hostess if they had no server experience. The interview was professional in my opinion, but the guy who gave it to me got caught stealing thousands of dollars from the store just a month later. so he naturally buttered everyone up and gave them what they wanted, at no expense.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a slacking team member?   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Westerville, OH).

Interview

Focus on scheduling and time commitment. Speediness and willingnesd to learn was important. Honestly if you showed, did what you had to do and didn't steal (they had a problem with this at the time) You were hired.

Interview Questions

• Generic scenario on a typical workday, and your reaction.   Answer Question

Hostess/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Columbus, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

very laid back there were two interviews I did both on the same day very nice people there they orignally wanted me to be a dishwasher but I talked my way in to a host.

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied via portal. Called in for 3 in person interviews. Extremely unorganized as they did not have all the interviewers in house that day. Its a pretty long haul, but the building looks modern. My first interview was with the CMO. She was nice, extremely smart and seemed interested. The second interview was with a long time employee who did not give me the time of day. She was set in her ways, almost threatened by a new thought process which was my first red flag. The third interview was a designer, who was pretty nice.

Post interview, I reached back out to the HR Rep Jackie Young, who had set up the interview. No call, no email follow up, never heard back. Extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about Bob Evans digital presence?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Hilliard, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I drove to the location and filled in my application in the restaurant and scheduled my interview that day. I met first with an assistant manager. A week or so later, I met with the assistant general manager. The second manager hired me by then end of the interview. The questions were mostly what would be expected: what would you do if something went wrong or if a customer were angry when they came in? The interview was conducted in the dining room and very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work with us?   1 Answer

IT Service Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Albany, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans (New Albany, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

Very informative and personal. Great recruiter and team. Beautiful building and everyone was friendly throughout. Impressed with the process. Salary was a little low and I chose not to accept the offer

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in an employer   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Powell, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Powell, OH) in May 2014.

Interview

There were two preliminary interviews before the "actual" interview just to see what exactly I was interesting in doing and when. In the real interview I was asked to sell my phone because the lady who interviewed me said serving was all about being able to sell things to customers (it's not for the most part). I am very knowledgable about my phone but for some reason I froze up and it didn't go great. She liked me overall but I basically failed the selling part but I still got an offer as an expo and eventually became a server so it wasn't a big deal.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should buy your phone?   1 Answer

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Columbus, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Sat down with manager, asked behavioral questions, was offered the job. Really easy. This thing is making me write 30 words but I bet thats about how long the whole interview was. No joke its cake to get a job there, but its not a good one

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for bob evans?   1 Answer

Host/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Columbus, OH) in February 2014.

Interview

First had an interview with the assistant manager. He liked me so recommended me to the manager, then I had an interview with him a couple days later. He hired me on the spot.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Worthington, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Worthington, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

Apply in person 1 on 1 with a manager then second with general questions. Every store does them differently. Some as harder questions some do it just a normal conversation. After second they call you or hire you on the spot. Dress causal act professional.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer