Bob Evans Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bob Evans Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wadsworth, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Wadsworth, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

I walked inside the restaurant a few minutes early. I told the lady up front that I was here for an interview and she sat me down at a booth table and asked if I wanted anything to drink. She then told me that the manager will arrive shortly. The manager is okay. The interview was simple and pleasant.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bob Evans

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Hagerstown, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to Bob Evans online. It took approximately a week, maybe longer, to receive a call saying they'd like to schedule an interview. I walked in and was greeted by a server, who then explained to the manager who I was, and more importantly why I was there. I waited for a few minutes, and then was seated by the Assistant Manger with paper work for me to fill out. It was basically what I had previously filled out prior to the interview, when I had applied in the first place. This consisted of your name, address, work experience, education, and so on- typical application information. I finished relatively quickly due to the fact that I didn't have any previous work experience.

The Assistant Manger came back and went over the paper work with me. She was very amicable and easy-going, as expected from Bob Evans. She asked me a few questions, took the paper work, and then the General Manager came and we basically went over the same things; it seemed he was just trying to get to know me personally before deciding whether or not I'd make for a good employee, especially considering the fact that this was my first job. He stressed the fact that Bob Evans is all about hospitality. It's very important to understand what this means! They're very adamant that this is a family-oriented place, and they strive for every customer to be welcomed.

Afterwards, the Assistant Manager came back and asked when I could come back for orientation... my thoughts being "Did I just get hired?". She mentioned that that the General Manager really wanted to hire me, which very much came to a surprise for me. We scheduled a date and she went over dress-code and newbie stuff. That ended the interview, and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• *Most important one!* What is the difference between hospitality and serving? (What is hospitality to you?)   1 Answer
    • If a costumer was complaining and saying they had a bad experience, and believe me there's always one, how would you assist this issue?   1 Answer
    • What makes a good hostess?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had confrontation with someone, and how did you resolve the issue?   1 Answer
    • If another worker was "in the weeds" (e.g. under a lot of stress with many tasks needing to be accomplished at this very moment) what would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Dayton, OH) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview, they asked me what I would like to drink, I sat down and answered a couple simple questions, nothing difficult. Very nice managers and staff everyone was friendly.

Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Zanesville, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

the interview is with the A.M. they ask general Q's and try very hard to make you comfortable. then they should make an interview with the G.M. then that's the hiring stage.

Interview Questions

• why did you chose this place   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2015.

Interview

I called to see if they was hiring, I was told to stop by in a week. I showed for the interview applied in person and was interviewed right there. After I was hired on the spot. I was told to come back in a week to get my background check done. But I got the job !

Anonymous Employee in Kentwood, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Kentwood, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about 1 1/2 weeks. I went through 3 different interviews to ensure I was right for the position. First, two interviews was with assistant managers that asked the basic questions and breaking the ice. Second interview they let me talk to a hostess so I could know more about the position I was applying for.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans in June 2014.

Interview

Called in, sat at a table with the GM and was interviewed for about 15 minutes. GM was very nice, asked fairly basic interview questions and seemed reasonable when it came to discussing hours and school schedules.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in for an interview. Talked for a bit. Got asked to come back in 45 minutes in the proper Bob Evans uniform. (I later learned that this particular ASM was a bit silly.) Got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you like challenges? If you do, come back in 45 minutes in the proper uniform and the job's yours.   1 Answer

Negotiation

"You start at $8 hourly."
    "Oh."

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans in April 2014.

Interview

Filled out application, got a call the next day, met with two managers, got the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Bowie, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I came in approximately 20 minutes early but was kept waiting for around 45 minutes before i was seen. The interview was brief and not thorough at all but they seemed like they wanted to hire me. They take you through a "trial" period of around 30 min-an hour where you work with the hostess on duty to be a hostess but the lady they stuck me with was clueless on training so they just left me to deal with customers. I had to seat people (they didn't even bother explaining the seating chart) and give out menus. I was polite but considering there wasn't really anything to do the hostess i was working with was just like "yeah we don't do much on slow days". We had a family come in and i seated them and asked if they wanted a booster seat for their kid and they said yes and when i went to ask where the booster seats are, the manager came back and told me i wasn't right for the job and that i could go home. Worst experience ever. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect them to put me through a trial shift with no training or explanation on the job   Answer Question