Bob Evans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.3

Engineering Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, IN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Princeton, IN).

Interview

Ask about my resume what was some great achievements that I am proud of and then asked 3 questions using the STAR method. Later they told me they will contact me in two weeks to tell me if I got it or not.

Interview Questions

• Stuff about projects and what I do with responsibility and creativity.   Answer Question

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans (York, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I saw the ad on a job board, filled out the online application and then got a call 2 days later. I had my first interview about 3 days after that and now scheduled for a second interview..Manager was very nice and professional.. I hope I get the job!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself... ?What makes you a fit for this position.. ?   1 Answer

Restaurant Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans in March 2016.

Interview

had a phone interview, they took time to get to know me and had an opportunity at end to ask any question that i may have. Asked questions about food inventory and how i would handle a difficult guest.

Interview Questions

• Name one project you completed and how did you complete it?   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied via portal. Called in for 3 in person interviews. Extremely unorganized as they did not have all the interviewers in house that day. Its a pretty long haul, but the building looks modern. My first interview was with the CMO. She was nice, extremely smart and seemed interested. The second interview was with a long time employee who did not give me the time of day. She was set in her ways, almost threatened by a new thought process which was my first red flag. The third interview was a designer, who was pretty nice.

Post interview, I reached back out to the HR Rep Jackie Young, who had set up the interview. No call, no email follow up, never heard back. Extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about Bob Evans digital presence?   1 Answer

Kitchen Prep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Mentor, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Once your online application is received (takes about 5-10 days) the store manager will contact you to set up an interview at a time that is convenient for both parties. The hiring manager was courteous, and the process took about 20 minutes. Questions are mainly about work experience, and hours you're available to work. Most of the positions offered are part time, and the hiring manager plainly stated it was so the company could avoid Obamacare. I declined the position after she said that.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (North Dayton, OH) in September 2014.

Interview

I drove down to Dayton for the interview which is about an hour drive for me. I met with a hiring manager and had a one on one interview. The interview itself lasted about an hour or so. I thought everything went well. But I was mistaken, I called back to find out that I did not get the job.

Kitchen Preparation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Applied online and called to set up interview a week later. Showed up at day and time scheduled for interview, lower level manager came out surprised saying they had no interviews scheduled that day and that all the managers were busy conducting a managerial meeting. I inquired about if the mgr who called and set up the interview could come out and confirm but this mgr said that was not possible as they were busy in the meeting...mind you it was 2pm and only one occupied table. At the very least they should have had my name, phone number, as well as my filled out application information but manager claimed they never heard of me. Asked for my name and phone number and said they would call, of course never received call. Basically I drove 30 minutes to give them my phone number which they already had considering they called me to schedule for interview 7 days previous. Very unprofessional and disorganized business...I complained to Bob Evans Corp but was ignored.

Server Interview

Interview

They were very nice and helped me to realize that they would be a great company to work for.

Dish Washer Interview

Interview

Got called in for an interview. Lasted about 5 minutes as he asked me more questions about my personal life. Saw about 3 other people lined up for interviews. Did not get called again.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Bowie, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I came in approximately 20 minutes early but was kept waiting for around 45 minutes before i was seen. The interview was brief and not thorough at all but they seemed like they wanted to hire me. They take you through a "trial" period of around 30 min-an hour where you work with the hostess on duty to be a hostess but the lady they stuck me with was clueless on training so they just left me to deal with customers. I had to seat people (they didn't even bother explaining the seating chart) and give out menus. I was polite but considering there wasn't really anything to do the hostess i was working with was just like "yeah we don't do much on slow days". We had a family come in and i seated them and asked if they wanted a booster seat for their kid and they said yes and when i went to ask where the booster seats are, the manager came back and told me i wasn't right for the job and that i could go home. Worst experience ever. Very unprofessional

Interview Questions

• I didn't expect them to put me through a trial shift with no training or explanation on the job   Answer Question