Bob Evans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.1

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

2 weeks, 2 interviews. Applied online. Got a call in a week. Went in, asked about previous work and experiences there. Then called in for second interview with GM. GM made it more questions about the store and why I want to work there. How I would handle theft and what I think customers want the most out of their shopping experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you think customers want the most out of their shopping experience   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Harrisonburg, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I put in an application online and 3 days later was contacted by a manager. The manager worked with me in scheduling my interview. Two days later I went in and the hostess sat me down at a table where in less than a minute I was greeted by the manager. It was a good interview, he had a great personality and was very friendly. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and after he told me he wasn't sure if my availability aligned with what they needed but he'd give me a call back once he checked with the GM. I never received a call which is pretty disappointing, if I'm not going to get the job I'd at least appreciate a call so I'd know. Interview was a positive experience in itself but I'm marking this as neutral for the lack of communication afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe one thing that you like about your current job.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Midland, MI).

Interview

Interviewing for management was a two step interview process. First with corporate regional talent recruiter and if you passed then with district manager. If hired, you will begin a 14 week paid training program at a certified training store and end with the last week at the corporate office. The corporate office visit will consist of being certified for ServSafe, Operations management, and touring the Bob Evans Farm at Rio Grande.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westerville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Westerville, OH).

Interview

Focus on scheduling and time commitment. Speediness and willingnesd to learn was important. Honestly if you showed, did what you had to do and didn't steal (they had a problem with this at the time) You were hired.

Interview Questions

• Generic scenario on a typical workday, and your reaction.   Answer Question

Host/Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans in July 2016.

Interview

The manager was really nice I waited about 20 minutes I was early she was quick she did not ask me a lot of questions and she sent me up a second interview

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Saint Charles, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

Easy. Met with (2) Managers, same day within a few moments of each other. After meeting with both, was offered a position to start immediately, (which was the following week).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Manager In Training Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

I was instructed to act like a customer and dine in at the training store. I made observations and alerted nobody to the real reason for my visit. After eating, i introduced myself to the GM and exchanged some pleasent side talk with her. The ARL (above restaurant leader) then sat with me in the dining room and asked some behavior based interview questions. He gave me a menu and let me review it for a few minutes. He then had me role play as a server waiting on him and observed my interaction, ability to upsell and suggestive sell menu items. Then he gave me a mock P&L statement and had me explain successes and failures and possible goals to improve based on that information. There was a Q&A session for any questions or concerns I had. I was contacted shortly afterwards by HR and was hired later that week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to accept accountability for a decision.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a fair entry level salary and I accepted the offer.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hagerstown, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Hagerstown, MD) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied to Bob Evans online. It took approximately a week, maybe longer, to receive a call saying they'd like to schedule an interview. I walked in and was greeted by a server, who then explained to the manager who I was, and more importantly why I was there. I waited for a few minutes, and then was seated by the Assistant Manger with paper work for me to fill out. It was basically what I had previously filled out prior to the interview, when I had applied in the first place. This consisted of your name, address, work experience, education, and so on- typical application information. I finished relatively quickly due to the fact that I didn't have any previous work experience.

The Assistant Manger came back and went over the paper work with me. She was very amicable and easy-going, as expected from Bob Evans. She asked me a few questions, took the paper work, and then the General Manager came and we basically went over the same things; it seemed he was just trying to get to know me personally before deciding whether or not I'd make for a good employee, especially considering the fact that this was my first job. He stressed the fact that Bob Evans is all about hospitality. It's very important to understand what this means! They're very adamant that this is a family-oriented place, and they strive for every customer to be welcomed.

Afterwards, the Assistant Manager came back and asked when I could come back for orientation... my thoughts being "Did I just get hired?". She mentioned that that the General Manager really wanted to hire me, which very much came to a surprise for me. We scheduled a date and she went over dress-code and newbie stuff. That ended the interview, and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• *Most important one!* What is the difference between hospitality and serving? (What is hospitality to you?)   1 Answer
    • If a costumer was complaining and saying they had a bad experience, and believe me there's always one, how would you assist this issue?   1 Answer
    • What makes a good hostess?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you had confrontation with someone, and how did you resolve the issue?   1 Answer
    • If another worker was "in the weeds" (e.g. under a lot of stress with many tasks needing to be accomplished at this very moment) what would you do?   1 Answer

Server/Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Super easy, the Bob Evans I interviewed at was really short on people, so they were honestly going to hire pretty much anyone. I interviewed with the manager and he asked me very basic questions then offered me the job on the spot. The whole interview probably only took about 5-10 minutes. As long as you are familiar with Bob Evans and a service oriented job you will be fine.

Hostess/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online and about a week later got a call to set up an interview. Got their 10 minutes before the interview and waiting in the sitting area for the interviewing manager to grab me. Finally the manager brought me over to a table and we talked about availability and she asked to know more about me. Very friendly and made me feel very comfortable.Pretty good interview. Lasted about 30 minutes long. After the first interview she left to speak with her manager and then her manager which was the GM came over and talked to me for about 10 minutes. Asked me my availability and about me as well, and some other basic questions about previous work experiences. Was hired on the spot.