Bob Evans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

2.1

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Applied via portal. Called in for 3 in person interviews. Extremely unorganized as they did not have all the interviewers in house that day. Its a pretty long haul, but the building looks modern. My first interview was with the CMO. She was nice, extremely smart and seemed interested. The second interview was with a long time employee who did not give me the time of day. She was set in her ways, almost threatened by a new thought process which was my first red flag. The third interview was a designer, who was pretty nice.

Post interview, I reached back out to the HR Rep Jackie Young, who had set up the interview. No call, no email follow up, never heard back. Extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What would you change about Bob Evans digital presence?   1 Answer

Food Server Interview

Interview

There was a brief first interview with an Assistant General Manager, and I was given a second interview. The second interview was also with an Assistant General Manager, but there was a new manager the second time. The second interview was more in depth. Overall, an easy going and quick process.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Louisville, KY).

Interview

At a table in dining room, manager came out to table I was set at in a area not so populated with guest. He/she asks a few ?s, like why would it be smart for him to hire me? What would I bring to the company?

Interview Questions

• Would they be able to come in on off day or early or stay later than expected!   1 Answer

Host Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

Asked basic questions. Nothing really unpredictable. Interview was a little easier because I had a relative working. Had interview with 2 of the 3 managers and didn't get to meet the other until after I was hired.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

I was phone interviewed first, which was weird but pretty textbook. Then I had a second interview with an Area Coach. I was told to go to Bob Evans, order food and observe the store, then ask for the guy interviewing me. I was sat in a corner so I couldn't see anyone or anything going on other than a couple tables.
    The interview was nice, typical. Seemed very promising and the guy was personable.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Zanesville, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

the interview is with the A.M. they ask general Q's and try very hard to make you comfortable. then they should make an interview with the G.M. then that's the hiring stage.

Interview Questions

• why did you chose this place   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Mansfield, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that was a brief overview of my own experience as well as my family and included my salary requirements. An in person interview that covered the same information. I received a call within 24 hours with an offer of employment. The entire process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They had a list of questions to follow about how to control food cost and labor. How to increase sales. A time when I developed a person to management.   1 Answer

Kitchen Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (West Chester, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I scheduled an interview with Bob Evans and within a week or two I was given the opportunity to meet with the recruiting manager. They asked simple questions that I was comfortable answering and didn't break any laws by prying or asking things such as sexuality and those such questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through Careerbuilder, was called back within 1 week for a sit down interview with Regional Recruiter. After first interview, was called back within same day to schedule formal interview with Area Coach. After the interview, I was asked to come in to one of the locations to job shadow and provide input with my experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you motive employees in order to increase sales?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you have to deal with an upset guest, and what you did to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • What do you think it means to be a brand ambassador?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2015.

Interview

I called to see if they was hiring, I was told to stop by in a week. I showed for the interview applied in person and was interviewed right there. After I was hired on the spot. I was told to come back in a week to get my background check done. But I got the job !