Bob Evans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bob Evans Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2017

2.1

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

I was phone interviewed first, which was weird but pretty textbook. Then I had a second interview with an Area Coach. I was told to go to Bob Evans, order food and observe the store, then ask for the guy interviewing me. I was sat in a corner so I couldn't see anyone or anything going on other than a couple tables.
    The interview was nice, typical. Seemed very promising and the guy was personable.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zanesville, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Zanesville, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

the interview is with the A.M. they ask general Q's and try very hard to make you comfortable. then they should make an interview with the G.M. then that's the hiring stage.

Interview Questions

• why did you chose this place   1 Answer

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mansfield, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Mansfield, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview that was a brief overview of my own experience as well as my family and included my salary requirements. An in person interview that covered the same information. I received a call within 24 hours with an offer of employment. The entire process took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They had a list of questions to follow about how to control food cost and labor. How to increase sales. A time when I developed a person to management.   1 Answer

Kitchen Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (West Chester, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I scheduled an interview with Bob Evans and within a week or two I was given the opportunity to meet with the recruiting manager. They asked simple questions that I was comfortable answering and didn't break any laws by prying or asking things such as sexuality and those such questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through Careerbuilder, was called back within 1 week for a sit down interview with Regional Recruiter. After first interview, was called back within same day to schedule formal interview with Area Coach. After the interview, I was asked to come in to one of the locations to job shadow and provide input with my experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you motive employees in order to increase sales?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you have to deal with an upset guest, and what you did to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • What do you think it means to be a brand ambassador?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2015.

Interview

I called to see if they was hiring, I was told to stop by in a week. I showed for the interview applied in person and was interviewed right there. After I was hired on the spot. I was told to come back in a week to get my background check done. But I got the job !

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Huntersville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy, fill out application and sit down with manager for about 10 minutes. Very short and simple process. Informal and basic questions. I was offered the job and orientation was two days later.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted one week later to come in for an interview. Since I had never worked as a server in a restaurant before, the manager wanted to know if I would be able to handle the stresses that came along with the job. I talked about how my past experiences with other jobs had prepared me in different ways and he seemed to like the level of thought I put into my answers. He wanted to know if I saw myself working for Bob Evans long term, and I tried to be honest without letting on that I was applying for other jobs at the same time. I felt bad about being slightly dishonest but I don't think I would have been hired otherwise. I was hired after the interview and started training a week and a half later.
    Overall it was a positive experience and I'm grateful to Bob Evans for giving me the chance.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever found yourself in a situation of conflict with a supervisor and how did you handle that conflict.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

I received a call and scheduled an interview. Went in about a week later and had my interview. I waited for like 15mins for the manager to see me. I thought they had forgot about me. But then he came out and was very friendly we went and sat at a table. He asked me basic questions and about school. We hit it off great. Then he said you can have any position that you want, which one do you wany? Which was amazing because normally people have to have multiple interviews.

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Mount Vernon, OH).

Interview

Applied online. Got call about a week later for a one-on-one interview with shift manager. Interview went well, she was really chill and nice. Set up second interview with store manager about two days later. Interview also went well and he was nice and chill. The same day I was offered a job as a Grill Cook. Before you accept the job ask if you are being employed full-time or part-time.