Bob Evans Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.0

Kitchen Prep Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (West Chester, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I scheduled an interview with Bob Evans and within a week or two I was given the opportunity to meet with the recruiting manager. They asked simple questions that I was comfortable answering and didn't break any laws by prying or asking things such as sexuality and those such questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Cincinnati, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied through Careerbuilder, was called back within 1 week for a sit down interview with Regional Recruiter. After first interview, was called back within same day to schedule formal interview with Area Coach. After the interview, I was asked to come in to one of the locations to job shadow and provide input with my experiences.

Interview Questions

• How would you motive employees in order to increase sales?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you have to deal with an upset guest, and what you did to resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • What do you think it means to be a brand ambassador?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2015.

Interview

I called to see if they was hiring, I was told to stop by in a week. I showed for the interview applied in person and was interviewed right there. After I was hired on the spot. I was told to come back in a week to get my background check done. But I got the job !

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Huntersville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy, fill out application and sit down with manager for about 10 minutes. Very short and simple process. Informal and basic questions. I was offered the job and orientation was two days later.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted one week later to come in for an interview. Since I had never worked as a server in a restaurant before, the manager wanted to know if I would be able to handle the stresses that came along with the job. I talked about how my past experiences with other jobs had prepared me in different ways and he seemed to like the level of thought I put into my answers. He wanted to know if I saw myself working for Bob Evans long term, and I tried to be honest without letting on that I was applying for other jobs at the same time. I felt bad about being slightly dishonest but I don't think I would have been hired otherwise. I was hired after the interview and started training a week and a half later.
    Overall it was a positive experience and I'm grateful to Bob Evans for giving me the chance.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever found yourself in a situation of conflict with a supervisor and how did you handle that conflict.   Answer Question

Any Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

I received a call and scheduled an interview. Went in about a week later and had my interview. I waited for like 15mins for the manager to see me. I thought they had forgot about me. But then he came out and was very friendly we went and sat at a table. He asked me basic questions and about school. We hit it off great. Then he said you can have any position that you want, which one do you wany? Which was amazing because normally people have to have multiple interviews.

Grill Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mount Vernon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Mount Vernon, OH).

Interview

Applied online. Got call about a week later for a one-on-one interview with shift manager. Interview went well, she was really chill and nice. Set up second interview with store manager about two days later. Interview also went well and he was nice and chill. The same day I was offered a job as a Grill Cook. Before you accept the job ask if you are being employed full-time or part-time.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. You will need to sell your experiences and answer a few, " How would you handle this type of scenarios. I met one on one with the District Manager.

Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Stow, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to the store and requested an application. Filled it out on the scene and turned it into a manager. Approximately six days later I made a phone call in order to follow up on my application. I spoke with an assistant manager and set up an interview five days later. The first interview was with the assistant general manager and it was pretty easy and not very stressful. Basic questions about work experience and character. Then I set up a second interview with the General Manager, which was essentially just a "You're hired, here's what you need to be aware of"

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Batavia, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with the assistant manager one day and then came back to interview with manager. They were fairly nice and let me observe the kitchen and serving processes to see if I really wanted to work there.