Bob Evans Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

1.8

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

It was a simple interview process. I had to go twice, the first time to talk to the assistant manager, and the second time was with the GM. I had a lot of serving experience, do they didn't ask many questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Bob Evans

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans in July 2017.

Interview

I was called in and it was less than a minute phone call. Was rudely told to come in the next day. Didn't tell me his name or what. Went in and was told as I sat down that I wasn't going to be a server, even though that's what I applied for.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Columbia, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online,received a phone call the very next day then set an interview in person the third day,got hired on the spot.Pretty easy.Feels like they will probably hire everyone lol.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans (York, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I saw the ad on a job board, filled out the online application and then got a call 2 days later. I had my first interview about 3 days after that and now scheduled for a second interview..Manager was very nice and professional.. I hope I get the job!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself... ?What makes you a fit for this position.. ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Harrisonburg, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

I put in an application online and 3 days later was contacted by a manager. The manager worked with me in scheduling my interview. Two days later I went in and the hostess sat me down at a table where in less than a minute I was greeted by the manager. It was a good interview, he had a great personality and was very friendly. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and after he told me he wasn't sure if my availability aligned with what they needed but he'd give me a call back once he checked with the GM. I never received a call which is pretty disappointing, if I'm not going to get the job I'd at least appreciate a call so I'd know. Interview was a positive experience in itself but I'm marking this as neutral for the lack of communication afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Describe one thing that you like about your current job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Louisville, KY).

Interview

At a table in dining room, manager came out to table I was set at in a area not so populated with guest. He/she asks a few ?s, like why would it be smart for him to hire me? What would I bring to the company?

Interview Questions

• Would they be able to come in on off day or early or stay later than expected!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Huntersville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy, fill out application and sit down with manager for about 10 minutes. Very short and simple process. Informal and basic questions. I was offered the job and orientation was two days later.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted one week later to come in for an interview. Since I had never worked as a server in a restaurant before, the manager wanted to know if I would be able to handle the stresses that came along with the job. I talked about how my past experiences with other jobs had prepared me in different ways and he seemed to like the level of thought I put into my answers. He wanted to know if I saw myself working for Bob Evans long term, and I tried to be honest without letting on that I was applying for other jobs at the same time. I felt bad about being slightly dishonest but I don't think I would have been hired otherwise. I was hired after the interview and started training a week and a half later.
    Overall it was a positive experience and I'm grateful to Bob Evans for giving me the chance.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever found yourself in a situation of conflict with a supervisor and how did you handle that conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Stow, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to the store and requested an application. Filled it out on the scene and turned it into a manager. Approximately six days later I made a phone call in order to follow up on my application. I spoke with an assistant manager and set up an interview five days later. The first interview was with the assistant general manager and it was pretty easy and not very stressful. Basic questions about work experience and character. Then I set up a second interview with the General Manager, which was essentially just a "You're hired, here's what you need to be aware of"

Anonymous Employee in Batavia, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Batavia, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I met with the assistant manager one day and then came back to interview with manager. They were fairly nice and let me observe the kitchen and serving processes to see if I really wanted to work there.