Bob Evans Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bob Evans Server Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in York, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Bob Evans (York, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I saw the ad on a job board, filled out the online application and then got a call 2 days later. I had my first interview about 3 days after that and now scheduled for a second interview..Manager was very nice and professional.. I hope I get the job!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself... ?What makes you a fit for this position.. ?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bob Evans

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Louisville, KY).

Interview

At a table in dining room, manager came out to table I was set at in a area not so populated with guest. He/she asks a few ?s, like why would it be smart for him to hire me? What would I bring to the company?

Interview Questions

• Would they be able to come in on off day or early or stay later than expected!   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Huntersville, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

Easy, fill out application and sit down with manager for about 10 minutes. Very short and simple process. Informal and basic questions. I was offered the job and orientation was two days later.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted one week later to come in for an interview. Since I had never worked as a server in a restaurant before, the manager wanted to know if I would be able to handle the stresses that came along with the job. I talked about how my past experiences with other jobs had prepared me in different ways and he seemed to like the level of thought I put into my answers. He wanted to know if I saw myself working for Bob Evans long term, and I tried to be honest without letting on that I was applying for other jobs at the same time. I felt bad about being slightly dishonest but I don't think I would have been hired otherwise. I was hired after the interview and started training a week and a half later.
    Overall it was a positive experience and I'm grateful to Bob Evans for giving me the chance.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever found yourself in a situation of conflict with a supervisor and how did you handle that conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stow, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Stow, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

I went to the store and requested an application. Filled it out on the scene and turned it into a manager. Approximately six days later I made a phone call in order to follow up on my application. I spoke with an assistant manager and set up an interview five days later. The first interview was with the assistant general manager and it was pretty easy and not very stressful. Basic questions about work experience and character. Then I set up a second interview with the General Manager, which was essentially just a "You're hired, here's what you need to be aware of"

Server Interview

Interview

Very easy, was hired after 2 interviews. I had to submit an initial application and then I had two different interviews, with two different managers. I did not feel the interview process was difficult in the least

Anonymous Employee in Logansport, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Logansport, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

Had 3 interviews with different managers, often different ones than I was supposed to, which was a sign of things to come. No unusual questions were asked. Was offered the position at the third interview.

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Clearwater, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

it was easy one meeting with an assistant manager then one with the AGM. I was hired on the spot. I was hired because they were in need of servers for the dinner shifts

Server Interview

Interview

I applied in person and was interviewed a week later. The process was quite friendly, and I would recommend it to any other person seeking quick work. The people are friendly and who doesn't want to smell the bacon every morning

Interview Questions

• how to deal with a loud customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

work for tips

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans in December 2014.

Interview

I was set up for 2 different interviews, with the first interviewer getting general information (they weren't able to print my resume) and the second (I'm guessing) is to get more in-depth. I say that I'm guessing because the second manager never paid any attention to me, always looking around him at other co-workers and just asking me if I had any questions about a dozen times.

Interview Questions

• It's Bob Evans... There isn't really a difficult question. They did ask what I thought a server's job was, and then I was told that I was wrong for saying "Getting to customers as soon as possible, being courteous, be accurate with food, and being prompt with serving the said food." and was told that the correct answer is "salesman and pushing high-priced items".   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told that I should come back for a second interview, then told that I will get a call the next day. The next day he called and told me to come in the following day for paperwork.