Bob Evans Waitress Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Bob Evans Waitress Interview Questions

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Hilliard, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Hilliard, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

I drove to the location and filled in my application in the restaurant and scheduled my interview that day. I met first with an assistant manager. A week or so later, I met with the assistant general manager. The second manager hired me by then end of the interview. The questions were mostly what would be expected: what would you do if something went wrong or if a customer were angry when they came in? The interview was conducted in the dining room and very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work with us?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Bob Evans

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Bob Evans.

Interview

The interview was pretty standard, nothing special. He just went over previous work experience, customer service, stuff like that. I just used my common sense and I thought that it went pretty well. It's an alright place to work, too.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think that you would be a good fit for this work environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miamisburg, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Miamisburg, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

They were very thorough, wanted to see if I was the right fit. They made sure that they were not wasting your time or theirs. They wanted to see if I would be a good fit with the other employees, wanted to see if I was outgoing and friendly. They truly knew what they were doing. They were professional. Even asked if I wanted a drink. They were showing me the hospitality side very early on. I am happy I got the chance at Bob Evan's.

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Bob Evans (Peoria, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I had two interviews with Bob Evans. The first one was a lot more easier than the second one. I applied in person and gave my app to one of the managers. He started to go over it with me and asked me to come in for an interview on a friday. The manager that interviewed me exuded positive energy and was constantly smiling, making me feel more comfortable and relaxed. He asked basic questions (I believe only 3 questions were asked in total). He then told me to come in for another interview. I felt confident that I had gotten the job and the second interview would be twice as easy. Well I was wrong! I came unprepared and often tripped on my words. The man who interviewed me the second time was stiff and everything seemed scripted which made me a little uncomfortable. I guess he had gotten bored and talked to another manager that made her way over and started interviewing me. I finally noticed that it was open-house for more potential employees and decided to step up my game!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us, when there are so many other restaurants you could apply to?   1 Answer
    • What does speed of service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Are you a team player?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I applied to be a host, but was given the option to be a waitress. I chose waitressing and was able to negotiate my hours because of school.

Waitress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Bob Evans in September 2008.

Interview

I was called, had a 1:1 interview. I was mostly asked about my previous work experiences.

Interview Questions

• What were your work tasks for this previous employer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation