Boehringer Ingelheim Manufacturing Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim (Cleveland, OH) in December 2011.

Interview

Email from Career Builder Recruiter indicating a position match and instructions on applying directly for the job through the corporate website. A few days later I received an email requesting a phone interview and directing me to a site online where I could select an available time slot for a phone interview that fit my schedule.
 I completed the phone interview the following day. It consisted of routine personal questions followed by a few questions regarding the importance of following orders or instructions exactly then questions on dealing with adversity and working in groups. I was then asked to schedule a time for a skills test on site and was told I would be contacted for another interview if my test scores were adequate.
The skills test was taken on computers in a small room at the manufacturing facility.
As I left the facility I was contacted for an inperson interview. The in-person interview was actually two successive interviews. Neither interview was from the department that I was to be hired into. Several of the questions were paraphrases of questions from the phone interview. There were also some basic chemistry questions. I then spoke of my company knowledge and asked them questions about the condition of the company.

As I was leaving, I was advised that Human Resources would contact me when they had the results of my drug test, background check and fingerprint check..

After several weeks, I contacted the company and was told that they would be making an offer, but they were just waiting on the background check. After the holidays, I was notified that my fingerprints were un-readable. Three weeks after I resubmitted my fingerprints I received an offer of employment.

Interview Questions

• For me the hardest question was " why do you want to work in manufacturing?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

each department has different shift times and days. Mandatory overtime may be something you can negotiate around if you bring it up at the negotiation phase. There is a long lag time before you can transfer to another position, I would also recommend up front negotiating of shared work time in a field you are interested in moving to. This may make a future transfer more probable