Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 5, 2017

3.1

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals (Ridgefield, CT) in October 2017.

Interview

Process was smooth. Interviewers were generally good but hiring manager was disinterested. Fire drill in the middle of my interview with the hiring manager. Hiring manager apparently announced her resignation to her team on day of my interview but no one told me. No apology for harried fire drill interview or phone call after the interview to explain hiring manager's departure. Ultimately rejected by email. Also, it took over six weeks to get reimbursed for personal expenses (e.g., meals). Ridiculous way to treat a candidate for a senior-level role who participated in process that took several months. Totally unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

Several interviews in a single day. Met with 6 people in one day. Each for 45 to an hour. Was not offered anything to drink and I had to ask for water. Was shown where the coffee was; however, it was a vending machine that only took change, which I did not have any and the person said, next time.

Interview Questions

• I do not think you are qualified for this position, convince me why you are   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals (Ridgefield, CT).

Interview

It is the most gruesome process, it takes two to four months to finally get on board. The process is long and counter intuitive. There can be several interviews set up in one day or multiple interviews over weeks.

Interview Questions

• When handling a project would you rather it be on time or perfect?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the only negative experience was the timelines. The whole process took over three months from application to getting an offer. After a 30 minute phone screen with one of the hiring department directors, I was interviewed onsite to meet with the upper management team. There were 5 interviewers, including a panel model. The questions were straight forward from my work experience and resume. The team was very friendly and was very kind explaining to me the company policies, team structure what they expect etc. There was basic STAR model questioning too. Focus more on the data and your abilities.

Statistical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT

Interview

Statistical programming Department is mostly Chinese it seems and I think they were trying to give preference to Chinese.. (Three associate directors interviewing me were Chinese - one of them listed as hiring manager ) .. at least that's how I felt. I answered everything and they did not inform me anything. I had to call them several times after a month to know the outcome. It looks like they were not sure what to do. Later on saw the job ads posted as "contracter" needed. Unprofessional . At least inform the candidate the outcome as soon as you can please !

Sales Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

The interview was finished by 1 day. The morning section is a group interview, and who passed that would get a phone call to attend independent interview in the afternoon sections around 12 pm.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions about experience and future career plan.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals (Ridgefield, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

there are two rounds of phone interview totally
    first is hr interview about behavioral questions
    second one is about project details and your skill set
    No idea why they turned me down

Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ridgefield, CT

Application

Interview

Interview for the research internship.
    First round is the behavior interview by HR. Standard questions, no technical questions.
    And then we scheduled an interview with the hiring manager, who I will directly report to.
    He asked about my research background, ask some details about the methodology and interpretation of results in my research. Then he introduced his work and asked if I have acquired some skills that this job requires, and asked in details about some technical questions.
    I got an offer after a week, and was asked to complete the background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• If you got different result using different dataset, how will you interpret or find a way to judge it?   Answer Question

(Research) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in February 2017.

Interview

1st interview with HR 2nd interview with two scientists. Received an email to set up date and time for HR interview. After HR interview the person asked for availability for next one. Technical interview was in detail about the skills they were looking for. Both interviews took about 40 mins

Interview Questions

• Routine HR questions. Strengths, weekness, a project where you worked as a group,your role and outcomes. Technical interview had 'why you do this? why not that?' type questions   1 Answer

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals (Princeton, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

talk to 5-6 team member face to face and gave a seminar, and ask the question after seminar, show the lab, then meet a HR person tell you about the benefit and future career development