Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

3.3

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals (Louisville, KY).

Interview

Total of 5 face to face interviews and 1 short phone screen. 3 face to face and phone screen with hiring manager, 1 face to face with another manager, and 1 face to face with regional manager

Interview Questions

• How do you justify your time for to your current employer while you are here interviewing with us?   1 Answer

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals (Raleigh, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

Was a good process, their team was very professional and easy to work with. The interview was challenging. I didn't get the position but was glad I went through the process.

Interview Questions

• How to handle clients that were not receptive or prescribing.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals.

Interview

I don't really remember the interview process very well. I remember thinking it was fair. The boss I had there had high expectations of us but was very kind as well. At the time, I had a book about preparing for interviews in pharmaceutical sales and the questions that were asked in the interview were consistent with that book, so I'm guessing that the interview questions were pretty standard.

Interview Questions

Interview

phone interview scheduled one week ahead, then face to face

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative II Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in February 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was via email to set up phone interview time. Phone interview was with company recruiter. Next step was to be contact by area director or other recruiter for another phone interview.

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals (Columbus, OH) in March 2012.

Interview

Fairly short hiring process. There is a phone screen. You are then interviewed by the hiring manager. There may be a second interview with the same manager and an additional manager. If chosen, you will be sent to the Regional Director. Usually a sign-off.

Interview Questions

• If you disagree with your manager, how do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not really negotiable

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process included a flight to Dallas with a cattle call like interview the next day. The decreased the number of candidates down to 2 after a long day interviewing hundreds of candidates for positions across the country in preparation for a new product launch. Seeing people leave in tears was quite an unpleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when a sales call did not go as planned?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in April 2010.

Interview

Phone interview, Face to Face interview with Manager, Face to Face interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions

• What is your business plan for the next 6 months?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Expect several interviews. Typical situational questions to be answered using the STAR (situation, task, action, result) format are common. Really no left-field questions and an overall good interview experience. Important to the company: living in the territory or nearby the territory boundary. Also experience in the disease states related to the position in question and/or preexisting relationships with physicians.

Negotiation

You fill out what you would like your salary to be prior to the interview process. Kind of gross, but it doesn't let you submit your application without doing so. They offered a modest salary, tried to bargain to get more and was told that the BASE salary I wanted could be reached with the base salary they offered IF I hit 100% of my sales goal. Womp.

Anonymous Employee in Bay City, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals (Bay City, MI) in July 2009.

Interview

Smooth, more like a cocktail party than an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be prepared