Boeing Interview Questions in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

4.0

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

"Structured Interview," where I sat at a conference table with three screeners (would-be boss, plus two other colleagues) who ask questions round-robin style. Very straightforward, and the three were completely forthcoming in the purpose of the interview style and questions. Friendly and low-pressure atmosphere, easy to maintain a conversation. Following their questions, they explained the nature of the position (a lot clearer than in the job description) and allowed me to ask questions. I wish this happened first - I was able to show more passion for the job after they told me more about it.

Legal Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Arlington, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Grueling process. Started off with 3-person phone screen interviewing me. I was then invited in to Arlington facility to interview in-person. When I received my agenda for that day, I saw that I would be meeting with 23 interviewers via 5 panels. It was answering same questions over again 5 times for 23 people. Usual questions. Majority of interviewers seemed kind and genuine, but some of the attorneys came across as elitist and I felt dismissed as soon as they walked in the room. I would imagine with 23 interviewers it only takes 1 to sway to vote to the negative, and with the bad vibes I got off of a few of them, I did not get a job offer. I suspected I would not because, despite much positive response and much head nodding as I answered their numerous questions, when the one attorney "big cheese" asked me some questions I saw another attorneys eyes continually dart to the big cheese every time I would answer the big cheese's questions, so the darter was more concerning with how the big cheese was responding to what I was saying that interested in what I was saying. It was bordering on disrespectful, and I (correctly) assumed that I was not responding up to their level of elitism so the darter wanted to watch the big cheese's face while I was answering. Anyway, about a week after interviews I received an e-mailed "We have now completed our evaluation of your qualifications and interests and we have determined that we are unable to utilize your skills and experience at this time." The message went on to encourage me to keep looking for jobs that might interest me at the Boeing careers website (I think not!), and then concluded by wishing me good luck in my future career endeavors (sounds like they've already written me off for future Boeing jobs I have not even applied for yet!). It was a nice facility (what I saw of it), and they have their own dining facility onsite. Parking is underground and I assume free for employees (a real plus these days in the DC metro area).

Interview Questions

• More than 1 interviewer asked me if I could take a joke because it seems they like to prank each other while on the clock.   1 Answer

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Arlington, VA) in December 2007.

Interview

The company believes in situational / behaviorial / personality type questions as opposed to allowing supervisors to ask questions about a candidates technical skills for the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had a difficult person to work with. What did you do? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little was negotiable. The company has a formula it uses to determine local pay scales which often is low for cities like NYC, LA, and DC. Advice to those considering an offer, seek out someone in the company who is willing to look-up and share the salary range for your particular job (all job salary ranges are available on Boeing's internal system) because HR, Global Saffing and the hiring supervisor will never share that information with you beforehand. They make it out to be a big dark secret, though it's the basis on which your raises for the coming years will be determined.