Boeing Business Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Business Intern Interview Questions

2.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about a phone interview. You have to call into a conference call line where the interviewers should already be waiting.
The interview, in my opinion, was one of the strangest interviews I have ever had. While the interviewers were extremely friendly, they made it clear that you should not deviate even slightly from the STAR model for even the simplest questions. It got to the point where at the beginning of the interview, they specifically ask for you to identify the situation, task, etc. while answering. This made the interview pretty awkward, and really caught me off guard. The format of the interview makes it really hard for you to get a better understanding of the company, and for the interviewers to better understand your financial skills that are relavant to the position. After the interview, you asked to preference location/specific positions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Business Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Met recruiters at a campus career fair and was contacted the next day to schedule an on campus interview that week. The questions were behavioral and they were looking for STAR format. The interviewer was very nice and made me feel at ease. They took months to get back to me though and next steps were not made clear in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a diverse group.
      Tell me about how you dealt with a group member who was not pulling their weight.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Jolla, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boeing (La Jolla, CA).

Interview

Emailed the recruiter my resume, through a referral, immediately got an interview. Went to interview on campus at my career center and met the region recruiter, and another woman involved in the hiring process. The interview was quite relaxing, and there was a lot of casual conversation involved. They only asked me 4 simple questions with the intention of me expanding on each one. They ask a few follow up questions. The wait to hear back from Boeing is excruciating. For classmates of mine, they waited only a few weeks to get rejected, I am still waiting and it's been about 4 months.

Interview Questions

• I would say, it was the easiest interview I've ever been to.   Answer Question

Business Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online through Boeing's job website. A week or two later I was called to set up an interview over the phone. For the interview I called the number given and was connected with 3 people who would be interviewing me. The interview was your typical structured interview focused on scenario STAR based questions. Overall it was an easy interview, just make sure you study as many STAR questions as you can. I found it helpful to search for as many potential questions as I could and type out my answers to them. Since a lot of there interviews are done by phone you can just read back what you typed if you are asked one of those questions.

From what I hear job offers usually take a while after the interview, but my situation was a bit unusually due to the fact that I was called later that evening and was offered the job. While the offer was fast, passing the background check took a long time, roughly 4 weeks. I was worried about passing a credit check because my credit rather sucks and this was a finance position. However, everything cleared and I was given the soonest start date available.

Interview Questions

• Boeing does not allow disclosure of specific questions. Just study up on STAR questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was an internship

Business Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied online. Emailed me letting me know I had been selected for an interview. Got back to me a week later saying I had gotten the job.

Business Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in October 2012.

Interview

I meet with a campus recruiter and passed along my resume. That evening I was contacted by phone to set up an interview on campus the following morning. The interview consisted of basic behavior questions in the STAR format. After the interview I was contacted within 2 weeks and extended an offer to participate in the summer business internship experience.
    Following that Boeing flew out interns for a matching event to find the best managers for each intern.

At the end of the summer I was given about a month to agree to coming back for another summer and/or job offer.

Business Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2012.

Interview

4 behavioral questions (Tell me about a time when...)

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate because it was an intern program.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Charleston, SC) in February 2011.

Interview

Submitted a profile for online Intern Position, was contacted approx 2 months later by the assistant for the hiring manager who asked if I was available to come down to Charleston in person a week later. When I arrived I had a 45 minute interview with the hiring manager, an HR rep, and the supervisor with whom I would be working.

Very Basic, 4 questions, STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about having to work with a difficult colleague.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about how you had to convince someone to change their mind.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, Salary offer based entirely on academic and experience profile.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied online and was called to interview when they were interviewing at my school. The interview was really easy. It consisted of four questions, three behavioral and one about education and experience. They asked almost no follow up questions. They want you to produce very detailed answers with a simple question. Plan on spending 5 minutes or more explaining the situation, action an result. Overall, it was probably one of the easiest interviews I have ever had. Was called two weeks later with a offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe the education and experience which prepared you for this job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiate for business interns, but the compensation and full-benefits for an intern were very generous.

Business Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in June 2012.

Interview

Easy process, the recruiters are very profesional and easing going.

Negotiation

No Negotiation. I received an email with the job description and salary.