Boeing Business and Planning Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 3, 2017

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

It took three month from the time I got an interview to the date I started my job. The interview process was quite simple and easy as long as your answer follow their structure: what was the problem/issue? how did you resolve the issue/solve the problem? what was the outcome? The interviewers didn't show any interest in who I was...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Typically, Boeing is very slow to get through the hiring process (normally, 4-6 months). Since the entire process for me took a mere 2 months, it was a fluke.

The interview itself was an hour long, behavioral situation based. ALWAYS break out your response into 3 sections: describe the situation, the actions you took, and the results (wouldn't hurt to explicitly state, "the actions I took were..." And "as a result,..."). All in all, one of the easiest interviews I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions (I.e.: give me an example when...)   Answer Question

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

STAR format. You meet with panel of people who will ask various situational questions about your experience, and then give you the opportunity to respond in the STAR format. I have been through several interviews and depending on the panel of interviewees - it can be very formal or informal, so you will have to read your audience.

Interview Questions

• behavioral type questions followed by open feedback session   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Interview was a phone interview, 5 questions, not bad as long as you are prepared. Looking up questions and having an idea of how I might answer them if asked helped me a lot. I thought the interview went well for me but got an email a month later saying they were pursuing other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Six STAR questions asked in a panel interview. The people asking the questions were very friendly and asked follow up questions to clarify when needed. Be prepared with several situations that show you are not only interested in the company, but a good fit for the role as described in the job posting. Based on the questions, they are looking for you to show certain competencies, which are usually found at the bottom of the job description. Just be HONEST - the background check is thorough so you don't want to worry about what they will find.

Interview Questions

• Describe your training, education, and work experience that makes you qualified for this role. Please also describe what you do in your current role
      How do you build a collaborative relationship with customers or work partners
      Give an example of a time that you made a decision that impacted an entire group of people. Include what it was, how you handled it, and how it worked out   Answer Question

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Interview

Submit resume, wait a while, then fill out detailed application if selected. One interview over the phone (STAR interview) then one in person interview with the panel. Overall, it was not a bad process. Just make sure to study STAR interviews.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to work with a cross-cultural team.   Answer Question

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing in December 2013.

Interview

Completely behavioral based. Very easy to BS your way through. Often results in people being given positions they are unqualified for. A lot of exceptional bright people in the company. The interview process probably does not have anything to do with that though

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time that you had to solve a difficult problem. Tell us about the situation, the actions you took and the results of your actions   Answer Question

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I applied for the position and within a week I received a call from the hiring manager to see if I was interested in the position even though there was no relocation offered. I said yes and we then scheduled an interview the next week. They interview with a structured (STAR) format, which are basically behavior based questions (Tell me about a time when...). STAR stands for Situation, Task, Action, and Result.

Interview Questions

• Since all the questions are behavior based, I studied the requisition and made sure I had success stories prepared for the "competencies" section of the requisition. It went well and I received an offer less than two weeks later.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are four phases to the negotiation phase. I am still in the second phase.

Business and Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in August 2012.

Interview

Phone interview only - process took about 4 weeks from interview to start date. Every interviewee gets the same questions; it is a structured interview process to ensure that every one is given the same options in the interviews and is based on the STAR method.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation - this is what you're offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Bellevue, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got requested to a panel interview. Sat with four interviewers and was asked about five STAR questions. Very quick and smooth process. The interview is a one time thing and you do not have to return for a second interview and there is no phone interview involved. Your interview answers are graded on a scale.