Boeing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Roundtable setting, with typical "Tell me about yourself" and STAR-related questions. Interview was not technical and rather focused on behavior and personality traits. I did not find the interview particularly difficult, though I should have prepared better for the STAR questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Learned detail through alert from Boeing Career page. Attended a University information session. Applied online and received e-mail and phone call to schedule an in-person interview. Panel interview asking STAR questions. Nothing technical, mostly questions based on prior experience, work ethic, and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you had to complete a task with limited information and instruction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Ames, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview following a career fair. Consisted of 3 engineers asking a series of pre-planned questions, along with any follow ups that they thought of. Lasted approximately one hour. Questions were fairly standard behavioral ones, mostly focusing on positive outcomes rather than those that are of the "describe a difficult situation you had in a group and what steps you took to overcome it."

Interview Questions

• Describe some of your academic experiences and how they have prepared you to work at Boeing.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

behaviorial q's. sit down with three employees. go through star format answers to address behaviorial questions. low stress - don't use same story to answer different questions at once. look to provide answers on multiple stories to add diversity to your story toolbox. don't sound rehearsed but as genuine as possible. be flexible to adjust wording as necessary to meet context of ongoing conversation

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you worked with a team   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I got a phone call from a two managers that asked me non-technical questions about past experiences. They were pretty relaxed. They said they were interviewing for a lot of positions and told me they would get back to me in 2 weeks. Almost 2 months later, a different manager called me and offered me a job, but said he could not provide relocation for some reason..

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a problem you had with a group member.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Interview

They came to my campus to recruit during their career day, I talked to someone there and the next day I got a call asking me to come in for an interview the next day. The questions were purely behavioral, it was a structured interview. The people were nice and they help ask you questions to make your answers stronger

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a panel interview with all of the people on the team that I would be working with as well as my manager. They were friendly and asked about my background and behavioral questions such as what is my best/worst trait, what was a difficult situation and how did i deal with it, things like that. It took some time to hear back on whether I would be given an offer or not. I believe it was something like a month before I heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Nashville, TN) in October 2015.

Interview

Very typical STAR behavioral questions. With two Boeing employees conducting the interview, they would alternate asking questions. This interview was at a conference. It was a very normal interview with no trick questions or technical quizzes.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I applied through an online application system heard back two weeks later, and had a 45-minute phone interview. It was largely behavioral and was with the manager and three members of the team I would be joining. It was very relaxed and not stressful at all. I heard back two days after the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one project you've completed that you're really proud of, and describe the major technical challenges and how you addressed them.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied online, got a call to schedule a phone interview about 4 months later. Participated in a phone interview, and then received a call about a week later with a decision.