Boeing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2018

2.8

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Structural Interview. They'll ask you several (6-8) behavioral questions (i.e. describe a time you were ask an unreasonable demand from a customer and was unable to deliver...). Also they'll possible ask where do you see yourself in 5 years. This question is more for them to see if you will stay in their group for more than a year. After the interview is over, they'll ask if you have any questions. It is best that you have at least 3 questions to show you have research the company an the job. Your questions should be closely related to the job (i.e. if its assembly line work as an interiors engineer, you should ask something like how the assembly line work is different/similar for the 737-NGs vs. the 777s). Show excitement and enthusiasm for the job you are interviewing for. This has gotten me a job, in which I had little experience, but really wanted the experience. The interview is usually in person, but it may be over the phone. If it is over the phone and they invite you to come out for a visit, this usually is a good sign you might get the job, because they are willing to pay for you to come out. When traveling for the interview and/or post-interview visit, they pay for everything which is nice and stress-less. The may even reimburse your taxi fare (or airport shuttle fare) to/from the airport, but this depends on the manager and his/her budget and their business traveling rules. For in-person interviews dress business (never casual or business casual). Men and Women should have a three-piece suit. Men where ties. Women, little jewelry (but not a lot or none). Women, no dresses, but a skirt as a part of the three-piece suit if you don't prefer pants, with the skirts, I suggest stockings.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were ask an unreasonable demand from a customer and was unable to deliver? Describe a time where you needed to motivate your fellow coworkers, who were not motivated to complete a task. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In one minute, tell us why you are the best candidate for this position. Describe some of your weaknesses and what you do to compensate for them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Phone interview that consisted of 6 questions, not one of which was about my background, all were personality type questions. Some vaguely worded such that they almost seemed like a trap.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a challenge due to diversity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ak Chin, Pima, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Ak Chin, Pima, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

very formal everything on time and great location. asked few questions on education and few question on work epxerience very formal everything on time and great location. asked few questions on education and few question on work epxerience

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in May 2011.

Interview

In a room with two folks - manager and lead engineer. They asked specific questions about job history and relationship to current requisition. The interview took place in a conference room and was very relaxed and low pressure.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about past jobs and relationship to requisition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

I met with several groups as part of an all day interview. I met with group leaders and then members of the team in mostly 1:1 settings. There were extensive questions about past experience and how I approached problems. The interview day included a facility tour and was followed by dinner with the hiring manager. This was an overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you estimate the aerodynamic characteristics for (proprietary) program?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a panel interview with all of the people on the team that I would be working with as well as my manager. They were friendly and asked about my background and behavioral questions such as what is my best/worst trait, what was a difficult situation and how did i deal with it, things like that. It took some time to hear back on whether I would be given an offer or not. I believe it was something like a month before I heard back.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Troy, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I was offered a full-time position right after internship.
    Internship is the easiest way to get into the company. Every single person I know who interviewed with Boeing got a full-time offer.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in January 2013.

Interview

Initial meeting was at a career fair and a couple of weeks later I got a phone call to schedule a phone interview. I received a call a couple minutes later than the set up time, but everything went smoothly. It was more like having a conversation then going through an interview.

Engineer Interview

Interview

Got flown half way across the country to interview with two different groups. The hiring manager in the first group literally said "we don't know what to talk about" as we sat down in the conference room. Absolutely ridiculous interview! Waste of their money, and worse, my time!

Interview Questions

• The second hiring manager spent all the 1 hour interview telling me about the position instead of gauging my technical ability in design or design software. No idea why they even had me flown out! Extremely unprofessional!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2013.

Interview

Just some hints I wish I knew when I first started applying:

- Boeing does NOT have any way of getting around the online application process. You apply online. I have family and friends who work there. I met some of the management at a picnic. All said the same thing, there is no longer a "Good old boys" type networking. You have to apply for the jobs online.

- One caveat, if you go t a career fair at your university or one open to those in your community, you may be able to get a special requisition number for unadvertised jobs if you qualify. This is still all strictly by the books hiring and HR approved. You can't ask your friends for secret req's.

- Apply to as many jobs as you qualify for. Unlike some other companies that may consider you for relevant positions and unlike some other companies that will even disqualify you for applying too much, Boeing encourages applicants to apply to as many jobs as you qualify for. You are only considered for those you apply for. That said, it's a numbers game and some applications take many months to respond. Do not get discouraged. As long as you qualify for them, 50 applications is not unheard of before receiving a response.

- Be completely honest on your background check. They are sticklers for honesty. If anything does not match up--a firing, a missing job, missing education, some criminal record--even if you think it is long ago and forgotten, list it. Disclosure is encouraged, and if anything pops up that you left out, you may not be able to apply again for a set period of time in the years.

-The program you are interviewing for is the program you will be working on. If you are interviewing for the 777, study that program so you can ask some relevant questions. The people you are interviewing with will likely be from your potential team, so don't bother mentioning something about the 747 at a 777 interview. While it's "One Boeing" and you may jump around programs later in your career, you want to stay focused on why you are excited to work on that one program. Be psyched, there are some great programs out there!!

Interview Questions

• S.T.A.R. style questions -- all easy, just try to think of a ton of relevant anecdotes you can pluck from during the interview. Show your nerdy, technical, interesting and best side with each story.   Answer Question