Boeing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2018

2.8

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA).

Interview

In person interview that was mostly behavioral questions. The process was very straight forward and the communicated very clearly. The recruiters were very helpful and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you work in a group and one of your group member is not contributing. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Charleston, SC).

Interview

typical STAR process where situations are asked of the interviewee and responses are related to the particular job. Most of the time the questions can be somewhat guessed ahead of time by looking at the requirements and duties.

Interview Questions

• When have you been in a situation that required you to work with a team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

Met a recruiter on school campus. Interview came 2-3 weeks after I initially applied. Had a conference interview with 2 others. Asked about resume and how my class/work experience will relate to the job. Also asked a few behavioral questions using STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you took initiative, how you did it and the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (South Seattle, WA) in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online on 01/23 and received a blank email after 4 weeks with a calendar invitation to schedule a phone interview after 7 days. The hiring manager and two senior engineers asked 6 STAR based interview. They took turns and took notes throughout the interview. It was originally scheduled for an hour bust lasted approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes. I had prepared very intensively but the questions were very different than the ones out here but still in STAR format. The interview went OK. I was told that I will be notified of the decision within two weeks. I was also told that I was the first one to be interviewed out of the selected candidate for that position. The job was not available for new applicants starting from my interview date. Everyone was very helpful throughout the interview process and we spent a good amount of time talking about the job duty and team structure. Still waiting for the decision which might take months according to lots of people. Feeling optimistic though it is very hard to not know about the status yet.

Interview Questions

• STAR based questions. Try to gather up as many situations as possible and relate it to the questions with as many technical information as possibly relevant to the job description.   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Went through 2 rounds of phone interviews with Boeing Analytics. The recruiter was very nice, but incredibly disorganized. With every email or phone discussion, I had to remind her who I was and which position I was applying for. Finally, I got in touch with the hiring manager, and had a behavioral interview, followed by a technical phone interview a few days later. The recruiter said she'd follow-up within two weeks. After two and a half weeks, I called the recruiter only to find out that they were no longer hiring for the position due to a government contractor hiring freeze.

Two months later, I applied and got in touch with a recruiter for another position. The recruiter rescheduled phone interviews twice(the day of the interview for both). Upon the third rescheduling, I opted to pull myself out of contention for the position and look elsewhere.

Maybe these two experiences are unique, and I acknowledge that a large company like this can have a broad range of recruiters, but I've never experienced such a lack of professionalism with recruiters before, with any other company.

Interview Questions

• Structured interview, canned questions related to experience, and ability to address challenges.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Several behavioral questions, mostly focused on how I worked in teams with others and projects I'd worked on. The interview took an hour or so and there was time at the end for lots of questions about the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

On the phone asked a few logistical and behavioral questions. Called in asked about a time when I had to deal with difficult team members, a safety issue, etc. Standard interview with cordial interviewers. Nothing unexpected, do your homework and practice as usual

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult employee, how did you resolve the issue and what did you learn from that experience.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2017.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 people who alternated asking questions. First they read instructions about how to answer the questions, then asked me what experiences qualified me for the position, and then they transitioned into the scripted questions. It took 45 min. They took notes in 3 columns: situation, action, result (not exactly the STAR method but close).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use analytical thinking to solve an engineering problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Handed in a resume during a university career fair. Got a call the next day to schedule an on-campus interview. Had an interview but still waiting on response. Recruiters are really nice.

Engineering Interview

Interview

You explain your general qualification and background. They ask behavioral-based questions and addition questions just to know more about you. At the end, you have the chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you adjust to a specific change within a project?   Answer Question