Boeing Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2017

2.8

66 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in October 2017.

Interview

Several behavioral questions, mostly focused on how I worked in teams with others and projects I'd worked on. The interview took an hour or so and there was time at the end for lots of questions about the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Went through 2 rounds of phone interviews with Boeing Analytics. The recruiter was very nice, but incredibly disorganized. With every email or phone discussion, I had to remind her who I was and which position I was applying for. Finally, I got in touch with the hiring manager, and had a behavioral interview, followed by a technical phone interview a few days later. The recruiter said she'd follow-up within two weeks. After two and a half weeks, I called the recruiter only to find out that they were no longer hiring for the position due to a government contractor hiring freeze.

Two months later, I applied and got in touch with a recruiter for another position. The recruiter rescheduled phone interviews twice(the day of the interview for both). Upon the third rescheduling, I opted to pull myself out of contention for the position and look elsewhere.

Maybe these two experiences are unique, and I acknowledge that a large company like this can have a broad range of recruiters, but I've never experienced such a lack of professionalism with recruiters before, with any other company.

Interview Questions

• Structured interview, canned questions related to experience, and ability to address challenges.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2017.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 people who alternated asking questions. First they read instructions about how to answer the questions, then asked me what experiences qualified me for the position, and then they transitioned into the scripted questions. It took 45 min. They took notes in 3 columns: situation, action, result (not exactly the STAR method but close).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use analytical thinking to solve an engineering problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Handed in a resume during a university career fair. Got a call the next day to schedule an on-campus interview. Had an interview but still waiting on response. Recruiters are really nice.

Engineering Interview

Interview

You explain your general qualification and background. They ask behavioral-based questions and addition questions just to know more about you. At the end, you have the chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you adjust to a specific change within a project?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing in January 2017.

Interview

They ask you 5 questions for a phone interview only, before they hire you. Only behavioral questions, nothing technical. A couple people talk to you on the phone and just write down your answers to pass them on to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with people who have a diverse background.
      A couple people talk to you on the phone and just write down your answers to pass them on to the next step.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Roundtable setting, with typical "Tell me about yourself" and STAR-related questions. Interview was not technical and rather focused on behavior and personality traits. I did not find the interview particularly difficult, though I should have prepared better for the STAR questions.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Learned detail through alert from Boeing Career page. Attended a University information session. Applied online and received e-mail and phone call to schedule an in-person interview. Panel interview asking STAR questions. Nothing technical, mostly questions based on prior experience, work ethic, and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you had to complete a task with limited information and instruction.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Albany, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the interview by going to the career fair and talking to one of the technical experts there representing the company. They liked me enough and called me back for an interview the next day.

The interview it self was very structured. There were three people interviewing me. We started out with a brief history of myself, then we went into the questions.

They asked 3 questions, all of which they wanted to be answered in the STAR format. While I was answering the questions the three people from the company were grading my responses. After the interview they tallied the grades. I didn't have the highest score, so I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you overcame an obstacle while dealing diverse cultures?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Ames, IA) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a behavioral interview following a career fair. Consisted of 3 engineers asking a series of pre-planned questions, along with any follow ups that they thought of. Lasted approximately one hour. Questions were fairly standard behavioral ones, mostly focusing on positive outcomes rather than those that are of the "describe a difficult situation you had in a group and what steps you took to overcome it."

Interview Questions

• Describe some of your academic experiences and how they have prepared you to work at Boeing.   Answer Question