Boeing Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.8

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ridley Park, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Ridley Park, PA) in July 2013.

Interview

As a recent graduate, 16 years ago, the interview process was quite different from what it is now. It started with a short orientation with HR department. This was followed by 8 hrs of interviews with several managers. By the end of the day I had received an offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Went through 2 rounds of phone interviews with Boeing Analytics. The recruiter was very nice, but incredibly disorganized. With every email or phone discussion, I had to remind her who I was and which position I was applying for. Finally, I got in touch with the hiring manager, and had a behavioral interview, followed by a technical phone interview a few days later. The recruiter said she'd follow-up within two weeks. After two and a half weeks, I called the recruiter only to find out that they were no longer hiring for the position due to a government contractor hiring freeze.

Two months later, I applied and got in touch with a recruiter for another position. The recruiter rescheduled phone interviews twice(the day of the interview for both). Upon the third rescheduling, I opted to pull myself out of contention for the position and look elsewhere.

Maybe these two experiences are unique, and I acknowledge that a large company like this can have a broad range of recruiters, but I've never experienced such a lack of professionalism with recruiters before, with any other company.

Interview Questions

• Structured interview, canned questions related to experience, and ability to address challenges.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2017.

Interview

There was a panel of 3 people who alternated asking questions. First they read instructions about how to answer the questions, then asked me what experiences qualified me for the position, and then they transitioned into the scripted questions. It took 45 min. They took notes in 3 columns: situation, action, result (not exactly the STAR method but close).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to use analytical thinking to solve an engineering problem.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing in January 2017.

Interview

They ask you 5 questions for a phone interview only, before they hire you. Only behavioral questions, nothing technical. A couple people talk to you on the phone and just write down your answers to pass them on to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with people who have a diverse background.
      A couple people talk to you on the phone and just write down your answers to pass them on to the next step.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview -> onsite visit -> offer. Applied online, got an email from the HR a few weeks later. The email included the instruction for the interview. Phone interviews were with the hiring manager + direct manager and some team leads. mostly behavioral questions and some additional situational questions. Got an invitation the visit the site, which felt like "u are getting the offer, this is what you can expect" and received the offer a few days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2016.

Interview

They brought me in to a conference room in a large facility and asked me 4 behavioral questions and wrote down my answers in STAR format. After I answered the 4 questions, one at a time, they gave me the opportunity to ask them questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time that you struggled with something and the steps you took to get through that struggle.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work with a difficult colleague. How did you respond to the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Albany, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I got the interview by going to the career fair and talking to one of the technical experts there representing the company. They liked me enough and called me back for an interview the next day.

The interview it self was very structured. There were three people interviewing me. We started out with a brief history of myself, then we went into the questions.

They asked 3 questions, all of which they wanted to be answered in the STAR format. While I was answering the questions the three people from the company were grading my responses. After the interview they tallied the grades. I didn't have the highest score, so I didn't get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you overcame an obstacle while dealing diverse cultures?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

You explain your general qualification and background. They ask behavioral-based questions and addition questions just to know more about you. At the end, you have the chance to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you adjust to a specific change within a project?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online for an open requisition for a job with Boeing as an Engineer. Boeing has a structured interview process. Resume is sent to HR for screening, then potential candidates will be sent to hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Communication with different/variety of teams. Boeing has a standard interview structure that will ask about a situation and roles you played in that situation. How it started and how it was resolved.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Learned detail through alert from Boeing Career page. Attended a University information session. Applied online and received e-mail and phone call to schedule an in-person interview. Panel interview asking STAR questions. Nothing technical, mostly questions based on prior experience, work ethic, and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you had to complete a task with limited information and instruction.   Answer Question