Boeing Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Engineering Manager Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I worked with an office assistant to determine a time that worked for myself and the hiring managers. The showed up for the interview in a conference room. Mad some small talk about Christmas plans and such. Interview was two parts: situational questions followed by me asking questions about the job. This was the only part of the interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

Very politically correct and driven by a "diversity panel". Interviewers for the technical role had no clue about the subject technically that the management position would be responsible for. Utilized a standard corporate process that asks you to describe a situation, mention actions taken and results of the actions. Some opportunity was given to have candid conversation and discuss the role, but the majority scoring questions were rigged to appeal to a politically correct culture.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about diversity? How should it apply to everyday business at Boeing? Then, describe a time where you had to work with a tough individual from a completely different ethnic and/or cultural background than yourself? What was the situation? What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (El Segundo, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Standard Structural Interview questions. There was Panel of 5 people for an in person interview. Representatives from HR, 3 managers and an advanced technical person. Questions were mostly behavioral type ones. There was only one technical question.

Anonymous Employee in Ridley Park, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Ridley Park, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

Process starts with an Applicant Tracking System resume submission. Be sure to tailor your resume to the job description you are applying to. HR and Hiring managers receive 100's of resumes per day for most postings. If you are selected for an interview (either phone or in-person) it will be a structured interview process. A panel of at least two people will ask predetermined questions which are to be answered using the STAR approach. STAR asks you to describe a Situation, Tasks, Actions and Results for the given behavioral question. You are rated on what you answer during the interview. Do not assume your interviewer knows anything more about you and do not assume that they will pull additional information from your resume. The answer must stand on its own.

If you make it through the interview process, the hiring process can take six or more weeks to complete. Background checks and drug screens are standard. All your communication will be through your HR representative. You can "try" to negotiate some of the terms of the offer, but do not expect too much flexibility from the hiring managers. They are limited by what Global Staffing limits and ranges.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for the behavioral questions involving ethics and diversity. Have a story ready to go with how you overcame diversity or were faced with an ethical dilemma.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation was possible. It doesn't hurt to try.

Anonymous Employee in Ridley Park, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing (Ridley Park, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

Structured Interview process with pre determined questions and panel of Manager, employee, and HR person.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when? What was the situation, What did you do, What was the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

accepted offer