Boeing Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Human Resources Generalist Interview Questions

2.6

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Columbus, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I had 2 separate interview phases. Phase 1: This was an on campus interview. There were 2-3 interviewers whom asked behavior based questions. I only had to answer 4 of them and then I had my chance to ask questions to them. We were able to chose 3 of many different locations to do the internship if selected. Phase 2: The company actually flew us out to the place that we had been picked to do our summer internship. Here we had 4 different interviews/30 min each. I wish we had more time with them. It was very quick and easy though. You already have the internship at this time, you are just selecting which manager you want to work for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Tacoma, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

Submitted a resume and cover letter online was contacted very shortly and I received an email with a request for a phone interview with the human resources department The phone interview with very structured I also was scheduled for a second interview with the human resources manager but was informed that they went with an internal candidate

Interview Questions

• they asked me my philosophy on how I would support my customer and what I felt was important in supporting my customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process is a structured interview for about 1 hour. Typical STAR responses are expected for the standard type of interview questions. Nothing completely out of left field in the interview process, and you will have an opportunity to ask questions at the end of the interview. One of the easier interviews to go through.

Interview Questions

• They will allow you to elaborate on your certifications, resume points, degrees and any additional experiences that you feel make you qualified for the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Behavioral Interview technique which means you use real situations from your past and relate them to the question you're being asked. Be aware that all questions are multi-part - be sure to answer ALL parts of the question. Best advice, 1) LISTEN to multi-part question 2) ask them to REPEAT the question and 3) WRITE DOWN THE QUESTIONS you're being asked so you can be sure you're answering all parts and that you're staying on task with the question.

Interview Questions

• None for me, just be sure to have at least 10 real-life scenarios from your history to refer to.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

Structured Interview (STAR method)- There were two interviewers (both current employees); Roughly seven questions; The overall process from application to offer takes forever (actual months). Very straightforward and consistent with other companies.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boeing (Columbus, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Behavioral based interview with a panel of peers and managers. Offered the position that same evening. Networking helps. No phone interviews or pre-screens. They receive many resumes for the positions so you really need to have your resume stand out. If you know someone who works there, encourage them to put in a good word for you to HR.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time in which you worked on a team where a member wasn't contributing their fair share.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Denver, CO) in February 2013.

Interview

Company requires an online application. Company recruiters contacts applicants to do a preliminary interview to gather a pool of qualified applicants. If applicant makes the cut, they are contacted by the hiring manager for a formal structured interview panel.

Interview Questions

• They asked for work experience on various topics, gave problem solving scenarios and asked applicant for their problem solving process.   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing in April 2012.

Interview

Great experience! Interviewed with the HM and learned about the role. They ultimately decided to go with another candidate but it was still good to interview and learn more about what was expected. Important to get a good sense of closure and discuss next steps before finishing up. Try to finish on an positive note before heading out. All the questions were in regards to my experience and we went into detail about the requirements and the team dynamics, where I would fit in, etc. You quickly get the sense that its a great company and then its just a matter if you're a good fit for the team/role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your experience and how it relates to the job?   1 Answer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing in February 2012.

Interview

Internal job requisition that I applied to using Boeing's BESS system. I was contacted with a phone call from the manager and then an email scheduling the date of the face to face interview. However, the face to face couldn't occur so it ended up being a phone interview. 3 interviewers were on the phone call along with myself. A week or so later they asked me to meet with them in person for an informal follow-up meeting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to reinforce an HR policy at work. What happened and what was the end result?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult person. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes- this is extremely rare for internal lateral moves in Boeing. I provided extensive justification, not just that I 'felt I deserved more'.

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2011.

Interview

Structured interview - felt it has gotten pretty "sterilized" with the same set of behavioral/situational questions being asked of candidates. Also was not well briefed on what their process was before arrival so didn't feel as well prepared as I could have been. It's a huge company