Boeing Interview Questions in Huntsville, AL | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Boeing's interview process is very rigorous and very structured. You must be prepared going into it but you never know what kind of questions they're going to ask you. You must form your response using SAR, that is explain the SITUATION, discuss the ACTION that YOU took, and provide the RESULTS of your actions to that situation. And you want to heavily weight your responses on the RESULT portion of your responses. You will be in front of a panel, it's very nerve wracking. Bring a pad of paper and pen, take your time, and form your responses before you respond. Bring extra copies of your resume as well.

Interview Questions

• They ask things like tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult personality and how you handled that situation. Or they'll ask something like tell me about a time you were working on a project with a team and you encountered a disagreement with a team member, how did you resolve your problem? stuff like that.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL) in April 2016.

Interview

Single phone interview with a small panel. Typical structured questions requiring a Situation, Task, Action, and Response (STAR). Interviewers were helpful and were happy to clarify any questions they asked or if my responses were appropriate for the skills they were looking for. After the formal interview was over, I asked some standard followup questions about the position. In addition to my resume and interview skills, I think what solidified the interview for me was asking what kind of issues the program was presented with and how I might address those.

Interview Questions

• Standard Situation, Task, Action, and Response (STAR) questions. ie "have you ever encountered a situation where.... and how did you respond?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Relocation was not a negotiable benefit, but the staffing group was happy to entertain a counter offer. However the hiring manager said the initial offer was best and final. I did accept the offer.

Finance Entry Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I did not have to do a phone interview. It was a structured interview with a panel of 5 people. They asked behavioral questions and they expected the answers to be based entirely on the STAR approach (describe the situation, the task, the actions you took, and the results). The panel asked around 8 questions in total and the entire interview lasted about an hour.

Financial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL) in November 2015.

Interview

Easy questions but not very clear once you finish. Also said that there would be compensation for travel and there wasn't any compensation. The people were friendly and inviting. It was a panel of three people and myself in a conference room. They gave a presentation and then asked me questions.

Business Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL) in October 2015.

Interview

This was an easy behavioral interview with basic questions about your qualifications for the job based on the resume you submitted, as well as simple questions about how you have solved problems in the past, how you work with others, and how you have overcome obstacles throughout your academic and/or professional career thus far. They also walked me through a detailed description of the internship and asked about my preferences for different cities throughout the U.S. The interview was 3 on 1 and I did not have a phone interview beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What was a problem that you faced with a team and how did you come together to solve it?   Answer Question

Design & Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. It was mostly psychological and personality based. Questions about what you would do in certain scenarios. I had absolutely no work related questions. It was an easy interview just give the "right" answer and youll do fine.

Interview Questions

• If you saw someone breaking the rules what would you do.   1 Answer

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL) in February 2014.

Interview

Brush up on your STAR questions. Focus on the ones that pertain to work place differences, leadership and problem solving. They want to know how you handle yourself in certain situations. After reading other interview advice, I looked up the STAR process and familiarized myself with it. There was little talk of actual skills in the interview. They liked what they saw on your resume, so no they want to find out about your personality. I interviewed and I got the job....my advice....1. Come prepared with 1 or 2 questions to ask the interviewers. 2. DON'T be nervous. I know, easy for me to say? I was extremely nervous, but told myself to be confident, they were just people too. They liked my resume enough to call me for the interview, so now was my time to shine. 3. Don't over dress. Dress for the work environment. Our site is business casual (I asked the HR contact I communicated with throughout the process, don't hesitate to ask questions). The interviewers were wearing khakis and button down shirts, so wearing a full dress suit would be a little off. Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to work with someone different from yourself (race, genders, age, etc.) and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you differing opinions with a co-worker? How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you had to deal with a difficult person. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL) in August 2013.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews. First one was with one person. The next phone interview was with a panel of people that included a hiring manager. Questions are asked, but job offer not given until 2-3 weeks later. The job offer came directly with someone I am currently working with. He called to let me know I have the job and that HR will be emailing the offer sheet.

Interview Questions

• What are some conflicts you had in a professional setting?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online, two weeks later I got an email from the hiring manager requesting a phone interview. The interview was scheduled three days later. The interview was a STAR approach (google it). The hiring manager sent me a email with a PDF file attached describing how the interview will be conducted. The interview process lasted for about 58 minutes. After the interview, i sent a thank you email to both inverters. I got an offer 4days later.

Interview Questions

• I' m not allowed to post the questions asked, but it is was completely STAR related. I had only one technical question which was referenced to my final project in college.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was extremely good for a recent graduate. Negotiating would have giving me a better salary, but i didn't take that chance.

Product Data Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview went really well. It seemed non-intrusive to me. I was asked a series of about 4-5 questions during the 30+min interview. Most of the questions related to work/life experiences and how you handle certain situations. Boeing is typically looking for highly ethical and highly technical individuals with the potential for leading.

Interview Questions

• Ethical questions - there was a question regarding ethics that went, "Tell me a time when you..." and it was very specific and didn't apply to me this early in my career.   Answer Question