Boeing IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing IT Interview Questions

Interviews at Boeing

2.2

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed through college career fair on campus. Attended info session the night before, spoke with them at the career fair and was offered an interview. I interview the next day (two interviewers, mostly behavioral questions) and then was offered the second-day group interview. This involved 6 potential interns and full time employees and 6 interviewers in one room.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you ran into an obstacle during a group project and solved the problem. Provide details on the outcome and exactly how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Two Rounds:
    1. Non-Technical Personal Interview (1-on-1): Recruiter determines if your personality is a good fit for Boeing's structure/culture. Asks about old projects, conflict resolution, previous experience, etc...
    2. Technical Group Interview (4-on-1 (or more)): Group exercise where the employees give the candidates a problem to dissect, solve, and present a solution. They give you 15 mins to read the problem and develop an individual solution, 15 mins to work as a group to mix solutions, then 5 mins to present.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle implementing a synchronized information system that could be accessed globally?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing (Ames, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

I met and talked with recruiters at our college career fair. We talked, went over my resume, experiences, and interests, and they called me later that day to schedule an interview the next morning.

The first interview was pretty standard. A lot of behavioral questions, and Boeing's goal is to find out if you'd be a good fit with their company. To prepare, look over some STAR Interview questions. I passed through this interview easily.

They then called me for another interview the next morning. This was a group interview. The format was 6 interviewees (both interns and full-time), and 6 interviewers. We were presented with a problem that we were to work together on. It creates a really interesting dynamic, since you need to work together, but you also can't let your ego get in the way of the success of the group. We had 20 minutes to read the prompt and develop our own solution, 30 minutes to collaborate, and 5 minutes to deliver a pitch to management (the interviewers). The interviewers look over the entire process, but typically there's one interviewer locked in on observing one interviewee.

I got my offer within the week (I think 2-3 days after my initial interview).

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - What can you bring to Boeing? Tell me about a time where you led a team to success. Just look up STAR questions.

Can't talk about the group interview question - signed a NDA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very basic, simple, and straightforward. Research the company online. Glassdoor was extremely helpful when preparing for what they would ask me. Prepare your answers beforehand. Interviewers were very nice and seemed to want to get to know you. Just be yourself, they seemed to appreciate honesty. Know why you want to work at Boeing and about your role you are interviewing for.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing in October 2015.

Interview

Met the recruiters on campus and was offered an interview for the next day on the spot. I had a behavioral interview in the morning and then the group case interview in the afternoon. The interviewers were all really nice and understanding.

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (West Lafayette, IN) in November 2017.

Interview

STAR system of 2 interviews. 1 individual and 1 group. Found job at the career fair on Purdue campus and they notified me for an interview within the month. I got my job offer pretty late but they did not allow for much time to look at all your options

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing (Columbia, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

I was recruited from my university's career fair. I talked with recruiters at the booth and was given an on-site interview. The first interview was a behavioral S.T.A.R. format interview, while the second interview was a group interview involving a case study.
    I received my offer in less than a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a challenging project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Ames, IA) in February 2014.

Interview

Post-Career Fair
    1) Interview with two employees discussing resume and answering typical workplace situational questions.
    2) Group interview: with peers we were given one hour to discuss a hypothetical job problem and come up with a solution to present to a customer.

Interview Questions

• When working on a team, which personality role do you take on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Charleston, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

There were two rounds, first round was a behavioral interview in the STAR format, so your generic behavioral questions. The second round was a group interview with a case study that we had to come together and solve.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview took about half a day and split into two parts, behavior and group. Everyone was really nice and helpful throughout the process and tried to make you comfortable if they saw that you were nervous

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you had a difficult group member. How did you handle it?   Answer Question