Boeing IT Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2018

2.2

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Interview

Interview

I talked to Boeing at a career fair. They reviewed my resume, asked me a ton of questions about it. Later, I was contacted through text message to have an on-campus interview, which I accepted. About 3 days later, I was selected to interview in Saint Louis, MO and was flown out.

In STL, I had two interviews. One was a group interview with about 8 participants where we worked on a business problem and one 45 minute interview with two employees.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a new technology you had to learn and walk me through the steps.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Fairly straightforward behavioral interview and group case study. Talked to them at a career fair and applied online. Got invited to interview in St. Louis. Two half hour interviews, not very stressful and no technical questions

Interview Questions

• Read a case and work on it in a group. Basically just judging communication abilities   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I was invited to a hiring event in St. Louis, with 30 total applicants. There was a case study group interview and a 2 on 1 interview, both one hour long. The case was related to implementing IT solutions. Interview was behavioral. I got an offer a couple days after the event.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a good candidate for the job, team experiences   Answer Question

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2016.

Interview

STAR format, all behavioral. No technical questions, but questions about your experience with technical matters. The IT internship is surprisingly non-technical so be aware that this will reflect the kind of opportunities available.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing in October 2015.

Interview

Met the recruiters on campus and was offered an interview for the next day on the spot. I had a behavioral interview in the morning and then the group case interview in the afternoon. The interviewers were all really nice and understanding.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very basic, simple, and straightforward. Research the company online. Glassdoor was extremely helpful when preparing for what they would ask me. Prepare your answers beforehand. Interviewers were very nice and seemed to want to get to know you. Just be yourself, they seemed to appreciate honesty. Know why you want to work at Boeing and about your role you are interviewing for.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed through college career fair on campus. Attended info session the night before, spoke with them at the career fair and was offered an interview. I interview the next day (two interviewers, mostly behavioral questions) and then was offered the second-day group interview. This involved 6 potential interns and full time employees and 6 interviewers in one room.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you ran into an obstacle during a group project and solved the problem. Provide details on the outcome and exactly how you solved the problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing (Ames, IA) in September 2014.

Interview

I met and talked with recruiters at our college career fair. We talked, went over my resume, experiences, and interests, and they called me later that day to schedule an interview the next morning.

The first interview was pretty standard. A lot of behavioral questions, and Boeing's goal is to find out if you'd be a good fit with their company. To prepare, look over some STAR Interview questions. I passed through this interview easily.

They then called me for another interview the next morning. This was a group interview. The format was 6 interviewees (both interns and full-time), and 6 interviewers. We were presented with a problem that we were to work together on. It creates a really interesting dynamic, since you need to work together, but you also can't let your ego get in the way of the success of the group. We had 20 minutes to read the prompt and develop our own solution, 30 minutes to collaborate, and 5 minutes to deliver a pitch to management (the interviewers). The interviewers look over the entire process, but typically there's one interviewer locked in on observing one interviewee.

I got my offer within the week (I think 2-3 days after my initial interview).

Interview Questions

• Behavioral - What can you bring to Boeing? Tell me about a time where you led a team to success. Just look up STAR questions.

Can't talk about the group interview question - signed a NDA.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

The interview took about half a day and split into two parts, behavior and group. Everyone was really nice and helpful throughout the process and tried to make you comfortable if they saw that you were nervous

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you had a difficult group member. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

Two Rounds:
    1. Non-Technical Personal Interview (1-on-1): Recruiter determines if your personality is a good fit for Boeing's structure/culture. Asks about old projects, conflict resolution, previous experience, etc...
    2. Technical Group Interview (4-on-1 (or more)): Group exercise where the employees give the candidates a problem to dissect, solve, and present a solution. They give you 15 mins to read the problem and develop an individual solution, 15 mins to work as a group to mix solutions, then 5 mins to present.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle implementing a synchronized information system that could be accessed globally?   Answer Question