Boeing Industrial Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Industrial Engineer Interview Questions

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Just know STAR. The questions will be related to previous work. Analyse your past projects, both school and work related and find out your strengths within those projects. Use STAR method (this will be provided by Boeing prior to interview, or google it), to make sure you respond appropriately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond your job description?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The position was for an Industrial Engineering internship in Seattle. It was a quick 20 min interview on campus after submitting an application online via their career website. These internships can be hard to get. Depends a lot on the interviewee. I thought my interview went well but I guess it didn't since I didn't get a call back.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Behavorial Based. They just asked a lot of questions about team work. They know you are smart because they interviewed you, but they want to know how you work with others. As I experienced, working with others is the majority of the job.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

They interviewed me over phone and never gave me response the result. I guess when you've waited at least 1 month without any feedback, you would figure out by yourself you're not hired

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you applied Lean.

How did you work in a diverse team ?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

One sole interview with 3 people phone interview, you have to call to a conference number 2 people taking notes and one guy making the questions. No room for errors

Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

I had a structured interview over the phone where they asked me 4-5 questions. It was a conference call with several Boeing employees on the line. I got the impression that they were rating how I answered the questions using a specific rating system, so it wasn't a very conversational interview, but more question, answer, question, answer, etc.. It was pretty straightforward behavioral questions and did not last very long. I was called the next day saying that I got an internship offer, so the whole process only took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to use at technical solution to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied for the job on their website and was contacted by global staffing to set up a phone interview. Some jobs do require some pre-interview screenings and personality tests that you can do on the internet--they send you a login/password and it's all confidential. For more senior positions and if you're applying internally they will usually try to set up a physical interview with you if you live in the area.

The interview lasted about an hour and was composed of two hiring managers and a HR person. It followed the STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) for all questions except the first "Tell us about yourself and why you are a good fit for this position.." as well as an opportunity for me to ask questions afterwards.

The questions were all based directly from the job description among the "General" and "Technical" requirements and could have been very easy to prepare for ahead of time by simply reading the job posting--the requirements are in bullet points (e.g. "Process Modeling", "Work Place Design").

It's important to note that Boeing is currently in the middle of transitioning from their old proprietary job posting system to Taleo but the general format and content of their job postings hasn't changed--all the information you need is still there as far as I can tell.

Every single Boeing interview will also have a question about diversity aka "Tell me about a time when you had to deal with someone from a different cultural background" or some variant.

For this position I was offered the job a few hours after the interview, but that isn't common. Response time is highly, highly variable and can range from hours to months. It was of course dependent on a background check by both Boeing and NASA (typically it'll just be Boeing--but if you're applying certain jobs there will be extra requirements such as security clearance) and a drug screening by both.

Negotiation

Boeing doesn't typically negotiate much. You can try but it's not general practice for them to budge on anything; I have been on both sides of the table and have never seen any substantial negotiation of salary. They don't do signing bonuses in my experience.

IMPORTANT: If you care about relocation, make sure that you read the job posting--it will generally say yes or no for 'Relocation Assistance.' If for some reason that isn't specified due to their transition to Taleo, find out if you care.

The reason I say this is THEY WILL NEVER NEGOTIATE THIS IN AN OFFER--if relocation assistance isn't specified in the job posting, you will not get relocation assistance. Period.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

The interview process was a bit confused. Initially, they wanted me to go out to South Carolina to interview in person during a hiring event. They bought me the airplane tickets etc. Then 1 day prior to the interview, they e-mail saying the job position has been canceled. As can be imagined, that wasn't good news, so I gave up on the company after that. Then, about 1 month later, I get an e-mail saying they wanted to do a phone interview for another position in WA state. The phone interview took about 20 minutes and consisted of 4 questions. Very simple, very straight forward. It almost seemed like that couldn't have been all of it, but it was. Just that 20 minutes on the phone, and a few days later they made an offer. It all seemed too easy.

Interview Questions

• There is nothing difficult or unexpected. Its 4 questions asking you to give an example of a particular activity you've done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Situational behavior type of interview in a panel format with two managers. Specific examples of different situation in the workplace. A total of about 6-8 questions are asked in the same format. This was an accelerated hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a complicated coworker.
      Describe a time when you initiated a project and what were your methods.
      Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I had one phone interview with a panel of 3 industrial engineer managers. The interview consisted of all behavioral questions. It was less than an hour long and the managers took turns asking questions. Afterwards, I was given the opportunity to ask the interviewers questions and was given a good amount of info on the culture of Boeing and the pride they have in their product.