Boeing Business & Planning Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Renton, WA).

Interview

Internal candidate. Single interview. 2 interviewers (hiring manager and a manager from a similar team). 5-6 behavioral questions and 3-4 technical questions. Behavioral questions at Boeing are highly standardized.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you experienced a difficult challenge working with a peer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Business Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Did on campus recruiting, asked questions in 5 star format. There were two staff in the first interview, then offer was received over the phone. Following this you do more interviews to get actual team placements. Understand the company and display this interest in the interview.

Business Planning Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview, STAR based questions. Very simple to be prepared for these questions and at least have an idea of what to say if asked. Examples all over the internet to understand them better. I did not receive an offer after the interview and the process took over a month before I knew anything.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

There is generally a phone interview followed by an in-person interview with two to three managers and possibly an employee. Questions are behavioral based interview questions. Expect anywhere between 4 to 6 questions. The duration is approximately an hour long. Make sure to do your research and be able to ask intelligent questions. You may take notes throughout, but must turn them into the interview panel at the end.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult team member. What was the situation? How was it resolved? What was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with diversity. Describe the situation. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time when you had to work in a team or held a leadership role.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you were under tight deadlines and had multiple tasks that needed to be completed at the same time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate, it's either take it or leave it pretty much.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

My only interview was a 2-person panel; The managers described the position in more depth and inquired about my past experience. I was asked mostly behavioral based questions during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to correct a team member.   Answer Question

Business & Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I was hired from an intern pool based on individual interviews with team managers.

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable.

Business Planning Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Boeing typically will only do one interview (a panel of 3-4 people) for all positions - 6-8 questions - and then make their decision. Very odd. Hard to fully gauge a person in only 6-8 questions. Questions are behavioral ("tell me about a time you...").

Background check takes a while - not because it's overly thorough, but because they've outsourced the process and it can take a week before your check is started (this is AFTER they've made an offer). So be cautious about putting in notice as soon as you get your offer - wait until the background has been cleared (that should be the case no matter where you're applying).

Negotations are essentially non-existent. Boeing bases your offer on your years of experience and education/certifications and then bases how much they'll offer you based on how much they pay for that combination. As a result, I received an offer for a position I had applied to a couple of years go that was for less than I was making at that time (I turned that one down after hitting a brick wall in attempting to negotiate for a higher amount). So don't assume they'll offer you 10% above where you are now to entice you to join. If it would take more than they'd pay for your combination experience/skills, they'll just go to the next candidate.

Interview Questions

• No questions were out of the ordinary. Questions are based on the competencies listed in the job descriptions, where they are looking for you to be clear in your examples listing a Situation, Action you took, and the Result/Outcome.

Two quesitons that typically make it into every interview (based on others I had, as well as others I sat on since joining):
      1) Tell us about your education and experience that prepared you for this position
      2) Usually a diversity-related question (working on a diverse team, needed to gain consensus from a diverse team, etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Boeing does little to no negotiating. If you do get slightly higher pay than they originally wanted to pay you, you'll get smaller raises over the coming years - as your pay is based on your compensation ratio for your level based on your years of experience (i.e. age). There isn't much differentiation between high performers and low performers.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

You must dress well and follow their model for answering questions. I was interviewed by two old dudes. It was a giant auditorium with cubicles everywhere. I went in and they closed the curtain and asked 5 questions if I recall. They'll ask questions and write it all down as it comes out of your mouth. It's been a while but they're generic questions, like describe a time when you did something that wasn't popular but you did it anyways and what happened. Etc

Interview Questions

• I think it was, give me a time when you were asked to do something that you knew wasn't the best decision and you took a different approach.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Renton, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

I attended a career fair and there I met with a number of Boeing recruiters and hiring managers. They recommended me for a Panel Interview on the spot and it was scheduled the very next day. The interview was a panel setup of 4 and took it approximately an hour in time. The questions asked focused on your previous accomplishments and the steps taken to achieve them. They also asked behavioral questions as to how you would approach work related situacions that were specific to the position. They were all very welcoming and nice but it was fairly intimidating experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions on how you achieved work related successes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate as they will be increasing my salary in 3 months time.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in January 2011.

Interview

I applied for the position end of October, but didn't hear back until early January, due to hiring freezes close to the end of the holiday break. I was contacted by the hiring manager who sent me all the information via email, which included the STAR format interview questions. For anyone that is interviewing with Boeing, it is always very beneficial to study STAR related format questions and then go through the process of answering them yourself to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are behavioral based; i.e., tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, what did you to resolve the issue, tell me the steps taken.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I countered but they didn't budge.