Boeing Retrofit & Repair Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retrofit & Repair Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seal Beach, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Phoned by HR to set up time for interview (Had 2 days to choose from). Phone interview lasted about 45 minutes. Was interviewed by 4 People (2 Managers and 2 senior engineers). Most questions were the STAR type questions. Some technical. At the end they allow questions.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE POSITION ASK QUESTIONS!!! In all my experience when you ask questions about the position it shows interest and I've always received an offer. Remember when they set up an interview they WANT to hire you. When they interview you, they are looking for reasons NOT to hire you.

One question I asked was when to expect a response about the "next step." Was told that they would be sending out offers the following week (Interviews were over Thursday and Friday).

Following Friday was Emailed by BESS with an offer and to log into account to view.

Position was for a Level 1 or 2 and I was offered a Level 2 position.

The 4 interviewers were extremely professional and over the course of the interview made it very comfortable and laid-back.

Timeline:

Position Opened: 11/26/2013
Applied: 12/3/2013
Position Closed: 12/10/2013
Contacted for Interview (Phone interview): 1/23/2014
Interview: 1/30/2014
Offered: 2/7/2014

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time where a test or procedure was not correct. What did you do to fix this error?   Answer Question

Offer was extremely competitive however I have a home in a different state (Position was in Seal Beach). No relocation was offered and with the exponentially high cost-of-living in Orange County/Los Angeles, the offer was too low for me to afford the house and an apartment in OC.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Retrofit & Repair Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing in January 2014.

Interview

Got a call stating selection for interview around 2 months after applying. Scheduled for phone interview with senior engineers. Phone interview lasted about 30minutes, and was asked a series of questions beginning with "Tell me of a time..." Be prepared to offer concrete & relevant examples. As a candidate with the prequisite educational qualifications, but hoping for a career change it proved difficult trying to draw examples from work experience in a different industry.

Interview Questions