Boeing Estimator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Estimator Interview Questions

2.3

Estimating & Pricing Analyst Level III/IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

Standard panel interview, 4 people (2 managers, 2 team leads). Typical behavioral questions, some general in nature and some that were more specific to the job being applied for. We seemed to get stuck on the second question where I was describing my experience in leading a multi-functional team and I think they were expecting an answer based on my current job as an estimating team lead. This created frustration on both sides because they didn't seem to understand what I was trying to tell them and kept asking more and more probing questions, with me giving answers that didn't seem to satisfy them, until finally one person said "oh, so it was a multi-function team". Um, yeah lol.

Interview Questions

• 1) Describe your job experiences and education that you believe makes you right for this job; 2) Describe a time when you led a team through a difficult challenge; 3) Describe a time when you used parametric data to develop an estimate; 4) Describe a time when you worked with someone from a different culture; 5) Describe a time when you used processes and tools to work with an engineering or operations function, how you addressed risks & opportunities, how you utilized technical expertise and the data you researched (this is my best recollection, there were so many parts to this question it was hard to decipher even though I tried to write it all down lol).   1 Answer

Estimating and Pricing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Washington, DC) in August 2014.

Interview

I went to a convention late August in which a career fair was held. There I spoke to Boeing and was offered an on-spot interview. This was the only round, and every question they asked was typical behavioral questions (teamwork, initiative, conflict resolution, responsiveness to feedback). I was contacted two weeks later via phone that I would be extended an offer, but it took one month and a half to finalize my location.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult; all questions they asked were expected and typical.   Answer Question

I am an actuarial student, and I wish to pursue an actuarial career in a company with a robust exam program.

Pricing and Estimating Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in March 2014.

Interview

applied online...phone call to set up initial interview with panel of 5...no idea who set up the interview (never identified if he was HR, hiring manager?)...phone screen was in a conference room where only one of them was by the phone (couldn't really hear any of the others talking)...within the first 30 seconds of the call the job was described without the HR verbiage and it was clear that it was not the right fit for me - i explained as much and suggested that the interview end, but went ahead anyway - my mistake....not the right position for me, led to an hour-long ordeal that was uncomfortable at best for all and a total waste of time for everyone involved

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in June 2013.

Interview

Most of their interviews for online requisitions are via phone interview, unless you go the accelerated hiring event route, which are typically on a site-by-site basis, though. You call in and typically the manager of the position you apply to, a team lead, and another senior team member interview you. The interview is structured and the questions are all behavioral type questions in which you describe a situation, task, action, and results. There is plenty of time to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in April 2013.

Interview

Received an email from the hiring manager requesting an phone interview date/time. The phone interview was held (as I was out of state). There was a panel of 3 people and they have a set of standard interview questions. Offer letter received and you can negotiate through the website if needed.

Interview Questions

• Blanket interview questions, as if you were interviewing for a government position. There were no hard or off the wall questions or exercises.   Answer Question

Estimating and Pricing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Mesa, AZ) in October 2009.

Interview

The interview I had with Boeing was initially on the phone (which consisted of a panel of 5). I was told in 3-4 days that I was invited to fly down for a face to face interview (again panel, 6 people). I flew down and they interviewed me for about an hour and then gave me a tour of the facility. The questions were very simple, example: What was your most challenging class? What is your ideal work place? 7 questions total. I was told by e-mail within a week that they could not offer me. I should have got it, I guess I just got really nervous and did not answer too well.

Program Estimator Interview

Interview

The entire interview process takes a grand total of 45 min. There are typically 5-7 standard format questions for which you must provide an experience in which you demonstrated the particular skill/requirement/etc.

Estimating, QA, Mfg Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in August 2011.

Interview

Like others I have applied for every position I felt that both my experience and education would make for a good fit. Over the last year I have had 3 phone interviews and 4 face to face structured interviews. To date only one position responded to me formally with a rejection letter. The others, I had to keep looking at the job postings to see if it ever was filled, which they were. For the in-person interviews, all were Structured interviews, which initially, I was not ready for. I seem to have always gotten stuck on the Q: "...disagreement with your boss...". Since that has never occurred to my recollection, I felt that I had to make up a situation. Bottom line I never made it past those interviews..YET!. So now I'm studing all the questions I can find and rehursing each answer in front of others.
    In each interview the people were very friendly, polite and generally gave me the feeling that they wanted me to succeed. But there was no side bar chit chat, just to the point Q&A.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with your boss, how did you handle it and what was the outcome?   2 Answers