Boeing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Boeing

1,905 Interview Reviews

2.8

Lean Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in June 2012.

Interview

Heavily automated process. Got a call and was asked if I could make the interviewing event the following day. Interview was with two hiring managers and one HR rep. They asked canned behavioral questions (tell me about a time when you improved a process, what is your view on diversity, etc) and the interview only lasted 45 minutes. I was shocked how easy and quick it was, considering I was applying for a $90K job.

Lead Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Tukwila, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their preferred vendors and given a copy of the SOW to review. The SOW looked moderately interesting as I've built a few solutions on par with it. After the interview, however, I determined the project actually comprised building a services layer between a legacy system and a commercial product ( even less challenging than I imagined ).

The interview was the least interesting, and least challenging interview I've ever participated in as a professional. My follow up questions to their infrastructure and methodologies were handled with "Oh yes, we intend to do that" and "We decided to go with this [obsolete practice], so we're going to go by this [obsolete practice]".

Anonymous Employee in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Tukwila, WA) in March 2008.

Interview

interview was a panel interview.

was asked about my experience enterprise application development.

experience in Java, J2EE systems.

Experience working with High - Availability Systems

experience in Unix based applications

Experience in Clearcase

working with Multiple teams

Interview Questions

• how did you resolve difficult people in interviews   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Houston, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

Applied to job on Boeing Website. Interview was fairly easy. A few technical questions, but more questions on personality, fit, etc. They don't give programming tests (apparently that is banned by the company) so the questions they can ask are really limited from a technical perspective. The job I was applying for was C++ related and all they asked me was if I knew what polymorphism was and what the difference between an abstract class and a non abstract class is. Be prepared to answer why you want to work for Boeing.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 pillars of OO programming?   3 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was at a job fair. I had the first interview on the spot. It was mainly focused on my background. No behavioral/technical question. The second interview was focused on the technical details about the most challenging projects encountered in my professional path. There were also behavioral questions. If you are lying about your background, it will show up during this phase, so be honest on your resume (honesty always pays back). The last interview was a team interview. I hated it! I happened to be interviewed with other 3 guys. Two of them were very nice and smart. The other two people talked the whole time. One also interrupted me in the moment during which I was trying to say something. The other one was a Chinese with a very strong accent. I couldn't understand what he was saying. So that played a big role on my whole performance. I work really well with other people, but this shows you the inefficacy of team interviews. You can perform poorly because of the other team members.

Interview Questions

• I can't tell you the questions because I signed a NDE paper. But they were not hard questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process was quick. They interviewed me for roughly thirty minutes and asked about my interests and a couple technical questions. We both felt like it wasn't a good fit so we decided not to pursue anything.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing in February 2013.

Interview

I applied at college/university career fair. I got a phone call from boeing in the next day. The interview difficulty was average. They expected the you to answer interview questions using the S.T.A.R. method: situation, task, action, and result.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in May 2013.

Interview

Was called to set up a phone interview. Interviewer was very helpful and clear about what the team was looking for ahead of time. Phone interview was a group of 5 with 1 being the hiring manager and the rest being team members. All questions were STAR based and fairly common questions (tell us a time when X happened). No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• A deadline is approaching and you cannot finish all the work left on time - do you partially do everything or completely do a few things leaving others not implemented?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

I had an hour long phone interview that had three parts. First, some administrative stuff, then 6 questions, and finally some time for me to ask a few questions. The six questions were a mix between experience and personality traits.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to testing a large scale software project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Fairfax, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

I got an initial on-campus interview in late September 2013. This interview was a behavioral interview, and it was 3 on 1. It was the typical Boeing structured interview. I did not get a letter of intent from this interview. However, they kept my resume in the system, and I was contacted about 3 weeks later by another Boeing recruiter. I set up phone interviews with 2 different hiring managers for Argon ST, a Boeing subsidiary in Fairfax, VA. These interviews were structured interviews as well.

About 3 weeks after these phone interviews, I was invited to go on-site in Fairfax for a group interview and office tour. The first hour of this process was in a meeting room with 5 or 6 managers and engineers. It was very informal, with them describing what they worked on, asking me 2 coding questions, and then giving me the chance to ask questions. After that, I got an office tour for about a half hour. I really liked their office - it seemed most people had individual or 2-person offices, but there was also an agile room. In addition, the work hours offered were flexible, and the company would pay for grad school.

I ended up getting an offer the next week, and it was a very competitive offer with great benefits. I had another job offer I preferred, but if I decide to move back to the DC area, I would definitely try and apply again to Boeing.

Interview Questions

• Write code to parse a string and count the number of occurrences of each word.   5 Answers

I had a better offer elsewhere. I definitely would have been happy working here, however. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone.