Boeing Interview Questions in Long Beach, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 29, 2017

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Learned detail through alert from Boeing Career page. Attended a University information session. Applied online and received e-mail and phone call to schedule an in-person interview. Panel interview asking STAR questions. Nothing technical, mostly questions based on prior experience, work ethic, and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you had to complete a task with limited information and instruction.   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Mostly behavioral questions that dealt with how you dealt with team members, and customers. It was a panel interview 3:1. They only asked around 9 questions and then gave you time to ask your own questions.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

You will never get picked if you have never worked for Boeing or any Aerospace companies when you you apply for positions at Boeing. The process is based on computerized scanning initially, and if your resume did not list any experience with Boeing standard, aircraft design, or any kind of aerospace experience including defense or commercial no matter what and how much expertise you bring in from other industries like marine, automotive or you name a few.
    They all look at internal candidates or some kind of hidden process who knows. It's a really bureaucratic process and not equal opportunity at all by all means!

Interview Questions

• 1. Position was filled or canceled.
      2. There are many more candidates who are closely matched our requirements, so we are not moving forward with your candidacy. That is included your experience was elsewhere and not aerospace ever!   2 Answers

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone then face to face with director level hiring authority. Phone interview was HR only, then face to face was with functional director. Much time describing position and correlating my background to the position.

Technical Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a panel phone interview with 3 first level managers and one second level manager. Boeing conducts structured STAR interviews. Questions are expected to be answered in the following manner: Situation, Task/Action, Result. Basic interview questions; nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your education and experience qualify you for this position.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Technical interview with senior management included asking quality situation results. Was asked how I conduct myself with a diverse culture, so I provided examples of where and who I worked with. Was asked about explaining the outcome of a difficult situation I have been involved with, and I explained how to turn it around for the benefit of both employees as well as the teams we work with. Asked to discuss problem, containment, direct and true root cause, corrective action, implementation schedules, verification of implementation, and post mortem activities.

Interview Questions

• How to conduct corrective action process   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Contract role; contacted by a staffing agency. Eventually went on to interview on site after the phone screening. Three person panel. They asked about 4 or 5 behavioral questions. Found out I got the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• don't remember. . sorry .. but here is a tip ... take a look at competencies outlined on the job posting - that's where the questions will come from.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

STAR
    Situation
    Threat
    Action
    Result
    Questions are posed by the panel, they must be answered using the STAR method. This method outlines what was happening. The problem that arose. The actions taken to address the threat. Finally, the resulting outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that was threatened from scope ceeep,
      How did you (me) handle the problem
      What was the outcome   Answer Question

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

I have applied to Boeing online numerous time but received only one interview (for an internship) so far. In reading up tips online, I continuous revised and enhanced my resume in order to get a full time position. About two weeks after applied I received a call for a phone interview on Sat. It was two individual who were nice and cordial.

Interview Questions

• Some questions regarding engineering theories that I promised not to reveal.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was very good. I tried to request relocation assistance but was turned down. They cited the lack of relocation money in the job description.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call a few months later for a phone interview, but they wanted to do the phone interview the next day which didn't give me any time to prepare for the interview as the next day I already had a 16 hour work day planned. So I winged it based on my past research. i had to make the interview fast because I had to do it on my break. So I had a 20 minute phone interview where they went through the 10 standard questions. In the end, I voiced that I did not like that they didn't give me enough time to prepare for the interview. After feeling I didn't get the job because I voiced my opinion, I got a hiring package. That hiring manager to this day still says that was the most impressive interview you ever had.

Interview Questions

• Because I practice for other interviews, I went through 100 potential interview questions, so none was a surprise. The worse is always about your worst quality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. People keep saying to negotiate, but I was just happy to get a job. They say it doesn't hurt to ask. Some managers say if they don't ask, they get upset.