Boeing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Boeing

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very long interview-hiring-cycle. Received an email from their corporate recruiter to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. More of a conversation/screening resume review rather than formal interview. Received a callback from a different corporate recruiter to set-up an in-person interview. The in-person interview was a standard behavioral based (STAR) panel interview led by the hiring manager with two colleagues. No surprises, very straight forward Interview 101 stuff.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you over-promised and under-delivered.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Bellevue, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

Situational, explain target outcome, actions you took and results. Can't go into any additional detail due to confidential nature of the interview process. You get to ask your questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Cannot divulge this information.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out asking for a phone chat, she was not engaged during the call and didn't come across as very personable. Really felt like I had to carry the conversation as she had no sort of personality during our chat. After our call she sends me a document of some follow-up questions, but instead of the questions she accidentally sends me the information of all of the candidates selected for a phone screen, this had their names, telephone numbers, salary information etc. Fixed the situation with her but obviously my first impression of Boeing was not a great one

Happy to say when it got to interviews the people I met with were actually really friendly and nice to chat with. When interviewing be prepared for the STAR method to be used. Heard back very quickly with next steps for each different round which I appreciated. Took at the most two days to get back to me. What was interesting is that the hiring team would be the ones to reach out to me to move forward to each round, they would setup the meetings and lead the communication with me about next steps, not the recruiter.

Ultimately after three rounds got feedback from the team that the head of the department thought I would be better suited for a more senior level position that they currently had open, which would come with a higher salary and a broader scope of responsibilities. Received several calls from some of the folks I interviewed with + the new recruiter for the role trying to convince me to take this new opportunity.

While I appreciated them taking the time out to call me I had multiple offers in hand and moved forward with one of those vs. continuing to interview with them. The people I met are really nice and left a good impression of Boeing to me. With that being said the recruiter honestly wasn't the best and after the team had decided they wanted me for another role, never heard back from her other than a generic e-mail. It seems like once they decided the other role was a better fit she just kind of tossed me to the side as she no longer had a vested interest in me, since she was not the lead recruiter on the new role being pitched to me. Nonetheless it was a good experience for the most part for me and I did enjoy meeting with some great people on the hiring team

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Mesa, AZ) in May 2018.

Interview

The HR process was quite good, but meeting with the hiring manager was a bit odd. It became apparent that there was already a preferred candidate for this role and they were only conducting interviews to justify their original candidate selection. Basically a waste of time for the interviewing candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA).

Interview

Standardized questions that are presented to all candidates. While not prompted, the intent is for the interviewee to address what happened, what they did, and the long term impact.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

A structured interview with five to six questions was asked by two people. One manager and one HR representative. The HR person had a bias and should not have been on the panel.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you had to resolve a conflict.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in April 2017.

Interview

It is a structured interview process that allows one to be very thorough. They are very open and want you to ask as many questions as possible in order to ensure you are familiar with the responsibilities of the role.

Interview Questions

• If I had any questions for them..   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Renton, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

Very stilted structured interview where all candidates are asked the same questions without deviation. It took a long time to receive a request to interview, very little notice for the interview invitation and it took a long time after the interview for a follow up of any kind from the hiring manager or recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time...
      Can you think of an example when...   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in January 2008.

Interview

Structured interview with very generic questions. Phone interview only with a panel of 2+ interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to use diversity in people to get a job done   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a STAR interview, the format of which was detailed in the email invite. Talked with a interview panel of 3 people all from the US. They all made sure that I was made confortable. The interview was more like a discussion

Interview Questions

• How did you manage a project without clear requirements   1 Answer
    • How did you mentor your team?   Answer Question