Boeing Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018

2.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online. Then about three months later, I get an email setting up for a flight to Seattle. All of the interview questions are situational types. I was interview by two Boeing engineers.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (El Segundo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was a first-round interview for a Manufacturing Engineer position for Boeing Space Systems in Los Angeles, CA.

It was a typical STAR interview: behavioral questions, questions on work conflict/resolution, and work ethics. Conducted by 2 senior engineers and lasted roughly 40 minutes. They then asked me about my skills, educational background, and relevant project experience.

The interview was very stiff and formal; I could tell that they were trying not to "get to know me", even though one of the interviewers (a senior engineer) was very friendly and chatty in a 1:1 environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict. How did you resolve the conflict and what were the steps you took to reach a resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Here is my timeline but I know every position is different depending on the pool.

3 months after closing date - received "congratulations fill out an application" e-mail.
    3 weeks after application was submitted I received an e-mail to schedule an interview and now I have a direct contact and phone # in the company.

Interview Questions

• -When given an important assignment, how do you approach it?
      -What features of your previous jobs have you disliked?   Answer Question
    • -What kinds of situations do you find most stressful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website. A few weeks later, I received an email extending the opportunity for a phone interview. A phone interview was set up with a panel of interviewers. I was able to reschedule due to a scheduling conflict. Then, the phone interview was held with a small panel. A few weeks later, I received an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with diversity in the work place.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Was recruited by the hiring manager who knew me from prior employment at Boeing. Was heavily recruited prior to the job posting. Expressed interest once more detail was available. Posting was August 2015. Onsite interview was November 2015. Offer was made and accepted late January 2016. Subsequent background check was completely mishandled by security and by the outsourced background check company. Information provided a mere 2 years prior was either lost or ignored. The background check company sent one set of emails which were responded to, promptly. But then Boeing Security sent out emails accusing me of not providing the information requested or otherwise ignoring the requests. Finally, Boeing Security started asking detailed questions about my technical experience. Only another person within my specialty could answer. The offer was rescinded due to misinformation and poor communication among the parties. Security later apologized but refused only modified the decision. Throughout I was either lied to by various Boeing employees or their outsource representatives. I had hoped the second time into Boeing would have been different. Many HR recruiters including the ones at my current employer have told me that it's a known fact that Boeing lies about much during the interview and onboarding in hopes that the employee takes the salary and is willing to deal with the downside. Unless you are fresh out of college, Boeing is not for you.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in February 2009.

Interview

The interview process is to find out if a personel is a good fit for the Manufacturing Engineer position to support Airplane Production Line within Boeing. The keys to the position are the knowledge of manufacturing process, commnication skill (very important) and up-coming learning process within Boeing.

Interview Questions

• how do you communicate with co-workers, mechanics, technician to get a new assignment done? how do you overcome obstacle with relating workers to achieve the best results?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is the internal transfer. There is no negotiation but the most important part is to find out if the new position is a good fit or good try for the interviewed candidate.

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntington Beach, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

Was contacted by HR about 2 month after submitting resume. Interviewed with HR specialist first. Then I interviewed with 2 hiring managers. Had a very good experience. A few days after the interview, I was contacted to come back and interview with of members of the manager's staff.

Interview Questions

• I had to explained my graduate research work in detail to the member of the engineering staff who was doing a similar work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate. There was a small movement upward but overall the overall package was good.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through Boeing career site, contacted within 2 weeks to fill out additional information. Eventually scheduled an interview date. I was flown to Seattle and shuttled (along with 8 other people all applying for same position) to interview site. Career fair setting. They call your name when they are ready to interview you.
    It was noisy during interview. (25-50 other people all interviewing makes a bit of white noise)
    Interviewed by two managers from different engineering disciplines.
    Asked the standard STAR questions.
    I was caught off guard as the final questions they asked were all VERY similar in nature and I had to try and come up with a different story to say almost the same exact answer. They were very patient and even suggested ideas for me to draw upon.

I felt confident as I touched upon every requirement of the job description in my answers.

Contacted within 3 business days with an offer.

Background check in progress.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. They surpassed my salary expectations.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Interested and informed interviewers. Job fair setting. Very calm and mellow setting. Not rushed or had feeling of being just another one in line. Hiring was a bit more obscure; all done on-line. Human resources very helpful although also very compartmentalized. You will need patience as every one thing is handled by another person.

Negotiation

Negotiation not possible for me.

Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (North Charleston, SC) in February 2011.

Interview

Two managers interviewed with the basic questions of (What would you do in this situation...) They try to make you feel as comfortable as they can and help clarify questions. You also have an opportunity in the interview to ask questions about the company. The room was enclosed so no buddy can watch or interrupt.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with diversity in the work place? There are so many ways to answer this.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Back and forth online with HR.