Boeing Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2018

2.7

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Portland, OR) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a relatively straightforward interview. They provided a general description of their interviewing practices when they scheduled the interview. They followed these closely, and the questions were all behavioral and/or about my experience

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience you have had with changing a manufacturing process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

It was phone interview with 3 hiring managers. pretty straight forward. They said they would make decisions in week or two, and i heard back in 1 week with a phone call from HR and a follow up email with salary offer and such

Interview Questions

• They were all general workplace questions, how do you react in this situation, tell us about a time. those types of questions   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Did basic STAR questions, and then focused on my project experience in school. Asked me what the biggest challenge was, and how the team overcome the challenge and my role in the team.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

They ask you 5 questions for a phone interview only, before they hire you. Only behavioral questions, nothing technical. A couple people talk to you on the phone and just write down your answers to pass them on to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with people who have a diverse background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (El Segundo, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Typical star interview questions. Nothing wrong with how they interview, it’s how they treat interviewees they have no real intention to hire. I got an interview and even a plant tour, but heard absolutely nothing after that until I searched out the hiring manager’s information from social network sources. After 4 months of waiting I get the run around “we haven’t made a decision.” If it takes this long to hire a new engineer or if you would prefer to hurt relationship with future employees I can imagine why Spacex is taking over aerospace. Doesn’t even seem like a good place for new graduates too because they will waste your time. Boeing is a large company, their talent pool is large and they don’t care about the individual. So go ahead work for Boeing, but hope that you aren’t another candidate used to meet their interview quota.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you worked in a group and you had a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

3 manager panel with 5 standared canned questions. Situation, task, action, result answers are expected. Time after for my questions. Expect mostly behavioral questions and an overview of your resume. Cusromize ypur resume to the posting. Research the interviewing managers before since you'll be given their names.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a safety concern and how did you seal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA).

Interview

The interview was a standard structured interview consisting of several questions with the desired response containing information pertaining to what the situation was, what your actions are and the results were.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to quickly adapt a new way of doing things. What was the situation? What were YOUR actions? And what were the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Was recruited by the hiring manager who knew me from prior employment at Boeing. Was heavily recruited prior to the job posting. Expressed interest once more detail was available. Posting was August 2015. Onsite interview was November 2015. Offer was made and accepted late January 2016. Subsequent background check was completely mishandled by security and by the outsourced background check company. Information provided a mere 2 years prior was either lost or ignored. The background check company sent one set of emails which were responded to, promptly. But then Boeing Security sent out emails accusing me of not providing the information requested or otherwise ignoring the requests. Finally, Boeing Security started asking detailed questions about my technical experience. Only another person within my specialty could answer. The offer was rescinded due to misinformation and poor communication among the parties. Security later apologized but refused only modified the decision. Throughout I was either lied to by various Boeing employees or their outsource representatives. I had hoped the second time into Boeing would have been different. Many HR recruiters including the ones at my current employer have told me that it's a known fact that Boeing lies about much during the interview and onboarding in hopes that the employee takes the salary and is willing to deal with the downside. Unless you are fresh out of college, Boeing is not for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website. A few weeks later, I received an email extending the opportunity for a phone interview. A phone interview was set up with a panel of interviewers. I was able to reschedule due to a scheduling conflict. Then, the phone interview was held with a small panel. A few weeks later, I received an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with diversity in the work place.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

In-person interview. Boeing follows a very specific interview format across all positions: They will ask you to describe an experience where you responded to a certain situation and what happened. They will expect the candidate to first describe the situation, then the actions that you (the candidate) took, and what happened as a result of your actions. The hiring managers will be looking to see that you have clearly addressed each of these points and in this order. It is helpful to think of some experiences in advance that showcase several of your skills. Practice describing the stories in the exact format expected (described above)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in where you had to coordinate with several different groups in order to solve a problem and meet a deadline.   Answer Question