Boeing Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2018

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

In-person interview. Boeing follows a very specific interview format across all positions: They will ask you to describe an experience where you responded to a certain situation and what happened. They will expect the candidate to first describe the situation, then the actions that you (the candidate) took, and what happened as a result of your actions. The hiring managers will be looking to see that you have clearly addressed each of these points and in this order. It is helpful to think of some experiences in advance that showcase several of your skills. Practice describing the stories in the exact format expected (described above)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in where you had to coordinate with several different groups in order to solve a problem and meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA).

Interview

The interview was a standard structured interview consisting of several questions with the desired response containing information pertaining to what the situation was, what your actions are and the results were.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to quickly adapt a new way of doing things. What was the situation? What were YOUR actions? And what were the results.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

They ask you 5 questions for a phone interview only, before they hire you. Only behavioral questions, nothing technical. A couple people talk to you on the phone and just write down your answers to pass them on to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with people who have a diverse background.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (El Segundo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was a first-round interview for a Manufacturing Engineer position for Boeing Space Systems in Los Angeles, CA.

It was a typical STAR interview: behavioral questions, questions on work conflict/resolution, and work ethics. Conducted by 2 senior engineers and lasted roughly 40 minutes. They then asked me about my skills, educational background, and relevant project experience.

The interview was very stiff and formal; I could tell that they were trying not to "get to know me", even though one of the interviewers (a senior engineer) was very friendly and chatty in a 1:1 environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict. How did you resolve the conflict and what were the steps you took to reach a resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kennedy Space Center, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Kennedy Space Center, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

Here is my timeline but I know every position is different depending on the pool.

3 months after closing date - received "congratulations fill out an application" e-mail.
    3 weeks after application was submitted I received an e-mail to schedule an interview and now I have a direct contact and phone # in the company.

Interview Questions

• -When given an important assignment, how do you approach it?
      -What features of your previous jobs have you disliked?   Answer Question
    • -What kinds of situations do you find most stressful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online. Then about three months later, I get an email setting up for a flight to Seattle. All of the interview questions are situational types. I was interview by two Boeing engineers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website. A few weeks later, I received an email extending the opportunity for a phone interview. A phone interview was set up with a panel of interviewers. I was able to reschedule due to a scheduling conflict. Then, the phone interview was held with a small panel. A few weeks later, I received an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with diversity in the work place.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Portland, OR) in April 2018.

Interview

It was a relatively straightforward interview. They provided a general description of their interviewing practices when they scheduled the interview. They followed these closely, and the questions were all behavioral and/or about my experience

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience you have had with changing a manufacturing process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (El Segundo, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Typical star interview questions. Nothing wrong with how they interview, it’s how they treat interviewees they have no real intention to hire. I got an interview and even a plant tour, but heard absolutely nothing after that until I searched out the hiring manager’s information from social network sources. After 4 months of waiting I get the run around “we haven’t made a decision.” If it takes this long to hire a new engineer or if you would prefer to hurt relationship with future employees I can imagine why Spacex is taking over aerospace. Doesn’t even seem like a good place for new graduates too because they will waste your time. Boeing is a large company, their talent pool is large and they don’t care about the individual. So go ahead work for Boeing, but hope that you aren’t another candidate used to meet their interview quota.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of when you worked in a group and you had a problem   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

It was phone interview with 3 hiring managers. pretty straight forward. They said they would make decisions in week or two, and i heard back in 1 week with a phone call from HR and a follow up email with salary offer and such

Interview Questions

• They were all general workplace questions, how do you react in this situation, tell us about a time. those types of questions   Answer Question