Boeing Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 8, 2017

2.9

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

They ask you 5 questions for a phone interview only, before they hire you. Only behavioral questions, nothing technical. A couple people talk to you on the phone and just write down your answers to pass them on to the next step.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with people who have a diverse background.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA).

Interview

The interview was a standard structured interview consisting of several questions with the desired response containing information pertaining to what the situation was, what your actions are and the results were.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to quickly adapt a new way of doing things. What was the situation? What were YOUR actions? And what were the results.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

Was recruited by the hiring manager who knew me from prior employment at Boeing. Was heavily recruited prior to the job posting. Expressed interest once more detail was available. Posting was August 2015. Onsite interview was November 2015. Offer was made and accepted late January 2016. Subsequent background check was completely mishandled by security and by the outsourced background check company. Information provided a mere 2 years prior was either lost or ignored. The background check company sent one set of emails which were responded to, promptly. But then Boeing Security sent out emails accusing me of not providing the information requested or otherwise ignoring the requests. Finally, Boeing Security started asking detailed questions about my technical experience. Only another person within my specialty could answer. The offer was rescinded due to misinformation and poor communication among the parties. Security later apologized but refused only modified the decision. Throughout I was either lied to by various Boeing employees or their outsource representatives. I had hoped the second time into Boeing would have been different. Many HR recruiters including the ones at my current employer have told me that it's a known fact that Boeing lies about much during the interview and onboarding in hopes that the employee takes the salary and is willing to deal with the downside. Unless you are fresh out of college, Boeing is not for you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website. A few weeks later, I received an email extending the opportunity for a phone interview. A phone interview was set up with a panel of interviewers. I was able to reschedule due to a scheduling conflict. Then, the phone interview was held with a small panel. A few weeks later, I received an offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with diversity in the work place.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in December 2014.

Interview

In-person interview. Boeing follows a very specific interview format across all positions: They will ask you to describe an experience where you responded to a certain situation and what happened. They will expect the candidate to first describe the situation, then the actions that you (the candidate) took, and what happened as a result of your actions. The hiring managers will be looking to see that you have clearly addressed each of these points and in this order. It is helpful to think of some experiences in advance that showcase several of your skills. Practice describing the stories in the exact format expected (described above)

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in where you had to coordinate with several different groups in order to solve a problem and meet a deadline.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied online. Then about three months later, I get an email setting up for a flight to Seattle. All of the interview questions are situational types. I was interview by two Boeing engineers.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through Boeing career site, contacted within 2 weeks to fill out additional information. Eventually scheduled an interview date. I was flown to Seattle and shuttled (along with 8 other people all applying for same position) to interview site. Career fair setting. They call your name when they are ready to interview you.
    It was noisy during interview. (25-50 other people all interviewing makes a bit of white noise)
    Interviewed by two managers from different engineering disciplines.
    Asked the standard STAR questions.
    I was caught off guard as the final questions they asked were all VERY similar in nature and I had to try and come up with a different story to say almost the same exact answer. They were very patient and even suggested ideas for me to draw upon.

I felt confident as I touched upon every requirement of the job description in my answers.

Contacted within 3 business days with an offer.

Background check in progress.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate. They surpassed my salary expectations.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Interested and informed interviewers. Job fair setting. Very calm and mellow setting. Not rushed or had feeling of being just another one in line. Hiring was a bit more obscure; all done on-line. Human resources very helpful although also very compartmentalized. You will need patience as every one thing is handled by another person.

Negotiation

Negotiation not possible for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (El Segundo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

The interview was a first-round interview for a Manufacturing Engineer position for Boeing Space Systems in Los Angeles, CA.

It was a typical STAR interview: behavioral questions, questions on work conflict/resolution, and work ethics. Conducted by 2 senior engineers and lasted roughly 40 minutes. They then asked me about my skills, educational background, and relevant project experience.

The interview was very stiff and formal; I could tell that they were trying not to "get to know me", even though one of the interviewers (a senior engineer) was very friendly and chatty in a 1:1 environment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a conflict. How did you resolve the conflict and what were the steps you took to reach a resolution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA).

Interview

Phone interview during the major hire in 2005 for interns. Transitioned from intern to full time once I graduated. Phone interview was very straightforward with no real technical questions. Very much a "Situation-Action-Result" interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations for interns.