Boeing Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

The interview process was very focused. In all I had two separate interviews on different days. After the interview process it took a couple weeks to get confirmation from my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of expertise using various 3D modeling and computational analysis software?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY).

Interview

Nearing 3 months of "under consideration" and am still waiting. Star questions should be asked during the interview. A student intern describe that a phone interview maybe become the case.

Interview Questions

• Star questions are used. A student intern describe that a phone interview maybe become the case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Greensboro, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different Boeing Employees after my campus career fair. Comfortable setting and very engaging. Asked about 4 or 5 questions, all were behavioral. Actually got my offer the same day, not sure if that is how all their interview processes are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

You will never get picked if you have never worked for Boeing or any Aerospace companies when you you apply for positions at Boeing. The process is based on computerized scanning initially, and if your resume did not list any experience with Boeing standard, aircraft design, or any kind of aerospace experience including defense or commercial no matter what and how much expertise you bring in from other industries like marine, automotive or you name a few.
    They all look at internal candidates or some kind of hidden process who knows. It's a really bureaucratic process and not equal opportunity at all by all means!

Interview Questions

• 1. Position was filled or canceled.
      2. There are many more candidates who are closely matched our requirements, so we are not moving forward with your candidacy. That is included your experience was elsewhere and not aerospace ever!
      2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seal Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with 2-3 people including the manager, recruiting person, and perhaps HR. I was lucky as I pretty much had the offer, but interview was required. Because I live far away, simply a phone interview was conducted which went through my resume and experience, then into the STAR questions, which was the largest chunk. After few of those, some misc questions were asked and i was able to ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

In person interview with the region hiring representative and 2 other employees. 3 basic questions where asked regarding work experience and team experiences and why I wanted to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked with a diverse group or environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntington Beach, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It could pressure you, but stay cool and very basic interview questions. They will ask you to introduce yourself, then start with the job, remember the job description and study well to make sure your answer are very related to what they are looking for.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Interview

Standard Boeing structured interview on-campus. Questions are not technical, save for any description of your prior experiences/projects. Interviewers did not ask about technical details of projects described. Know your resume well and tailor it to the position. The resume seems to be as important as the interview. Many questions will directly reference something on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were along the lines of "Tell us about a time where you had an underperforming group member. How did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The process takes a very long time from date I first applied to offer date was close to four months. The interview was very strait forward they use the STAR Interview process. Just be patient and persistent.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was about 30 mins long in which two engineering managers were present. They asked basic personality questions and one technical but mostly what would you do in this situation type questions.

Interview Questions

• They send you an email asking if you accept the interview invitation. If you do they email you an explanation of the interview process and what might be asked from you.   Answer Question