Boeing Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2018

2.8

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

One interview at a Boeing facility in St. Louis gained through an internship program that Boeing ran jointly with my University. I had a single hour long behavioral interview with a hiring specialist and an engineer.

Interview Questions

• How have you used structural analysis in your past employment.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Got the interview by going to my campus career fair. Emailed me the next week for an interview. The interview was 45 minutes long, two people were interviewing me. All the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to take on a project by yourself?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult class you have taken, why was it the most difficult, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

The interview process was very focused. In all I had two separate interviews on different days. After the interview process it took a couple weeks to get confirmation from my recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of expertise using various 3D modeling and computational analysis software?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY).

Interview

Nearing 3 months of "under consideration" and am still waiting. Star questions should be asked during the interview. A student intern describe that a phone interview maybe become the case.

Interview Questions

• Star questions are used. A student intern describe that a phone interview maybe become the case.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Greensboro, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 3 different Boeing Employees after my campus career fair. Comfortable setting and very engaging. Asked about 4 or 5 questions, all were behavioral. Actually got my offer the same day, not sure if that is how all their interview processes are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

You will never get picked if you have never worked for Boeing or any Aerospace companies when you you apply for positions at Boeing. The process is based on computerized scanning initially, and if your resume did not list any experience with Boeing standard, aircraft design, or any kind of aerospace experience including defense or commercial no matter what and how much expertise you bring in from other industries like marine, automotive or you name a few.
    They all look at internal candidates or some kind of hidden process who knows. It's a really bureaucratic process and not equal opportunity at all by all means!

Interview Questions

• 1. Position was filled or canceled.
      2. There are many more candidates who are closely matched our requirements, so we are not moving forward with your candidacy. That is included your experience was elsewhere and not aerospace ever!   2 Answers

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2015.

Interview

They will only ask behavioral questions which should be answered with the STAR format. They are not particularly difficult but definitely prepare some responses to common STAR questions ahead of time.

For my interview, they warned me ahead of time that they would not make much or any eye contact with me during the interview because they would be constantly writing my responses down; they just wanted to make sure I didn't think they were being rude, haha! It was pretty straightforward after that. They asked about 5 questions I think and then said good bye and good luck. I should mention I was hired on through Boeing EAHI (Engineering Acclerated Hiring Initiative) out of college. The way that works is they interview you on campus and give you a 'yes' or 'no' by the end of the day. They then fly you out to Seattle (I think now they do Charleston) to tour you around the differenct facilities and to interview with a few managers, after which they will place you with a group for your job.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately I cannot remember, it was over 2 years ago. Just look up some common STAR questions online and you should be set.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seal Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with 2-3 people including the manager, recruiting person, and perhaps HR. I was lucky as I pretty much had the offer, but interview was required. Because I live far away, simply a phone interview was conducted which went through my resume and experience, then into the STAR questions, which was the largest chunk. After few of those, some misc questions were asked and i was able to ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

In person interview with the region hiring representative and 2 other employees. 3 basic questions where asked regarding work experience and team experiences and why I wanted to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked with a diverse group or environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntington Beach, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It could pressure you, but stay cool and very basic interview questions. They will ask you to introduce yourself, then start with the job, remember the job description and study well to make sure your answer are very related to what they are looking for.