Boeing Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2018

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

In person interview with the region hiring representative and 2 other employees. 3 basic questions where asked regarding work experience and team experiences and why I wanted to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked with a diverse group or environment?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (El Segundo, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Got an e-mail a few MONTHS later inviting me for an phone interview. Conducted phone interview, and 1 week later scheduled on-site. On-site interview went well, and I was offered and accepted the job within 1 week.

Interview Questions

• What technical experience from your past do you value the most?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

You will never get picked if you have never worked for Boeing or any Aerospace companies when you you apply for positions at Boeing. The process is based on computerized scanning initially, and if your resume did not list any experience with Boeing standard, aircraft design, or any kind of aerospace experience including defense or commercial no matter what and how much expertise you bring in from other industries like marine, automotive or you name a few.
    They all look at internal candidates or some kind of hidden process who knows. It's a really bureaucratic process and not equal opportunity at all by all means!

Interview Questions

• 1. Position was filled or canceled.
      2. There are many more candidates who are closely matched our requirements, so we are not moving forward with your candidacy. That is included your experience was elsewhere and not aerospace ever!   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seal Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seal Beach, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with 2-3 people including the manager, recruiting person, and perhaps HR. I was lucky as I pretty much had the offer, but interview was required. Because I live far away, simply a phone interview was conducted which went through my resume and experience, then into the STAR questions, which was the largest chunk. After few of those, some misc questions were asked and i was able to ask.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied for numerous positions without success at first. I spent a lot of time revising my resume (>20 times) to include key words that were in the job description for the position I was applying to. After a month or so I was contacted that I was being considered for a position. I was invited out to the location where I met the managers and was given a tour. The questions were all behavioral; however, I brought up some of my technical work during the interview. The managers were really nice and it seemed that they were enthusiastic about bringing new potential. Be sure to ask a lot of questions since that may help determine if the group is a good fit. Also I brought up that I had other offers so I needed to know their decision asap. (I found out the next day).

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had a really high offer from another company, and Boeing was not able to match it (I didn't expect them to). They increased the salary by a bit. I think they have limitations for the level you're being considered for.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Interview

Standard Boeing structured interview on-campus. Questions are not technical, save for any description of your prior experiences/projects. Interviewers did not ask about technical details of projects described. Know your resume well and tailor it to the position. The resume seems to be as important as the interview. Many questions will directly reference something on the resume.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were along the lines of "Tell us about a time where you had an underperforming group member. How did you deal with it?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

Once I applied I had to wait about 5 weeks before I heard back from the hiring manager. Then there were two interviews, the first was a phone call that was focused on my interpersonal skills and abilities to work with a team, the second was in person and consisted more of questions about my skills and some problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• The question that threw me off the most was about my ability to work in a diverse work environment.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview was about 30 mins long in which two engineering managers were present. They asked basic personality questions and one technical but mostly what would you do in this situation type questions.

Interview Questions

• They send you an email asking if you accept the interview invitation. If you do they email you an explanation of the interview process and what might be asked from you.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

The interviewer was a very proper man. He addressed me in the most educated way possible. His questions were concise and to the point and he emphasized a lot the importance of a strong mechanical aptitude and how that helps to achieve their goals

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The process takes a very long time from date I first applied to offer date was close to four months. The interview was very strait forward they use the STAR Interview process. Just be patient and persistent.