Boeing Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Boeing

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boeing (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2019.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly quick. I applied through an organizational conference, and interview with 3 people. The questions were three, and the people were nice. I interviewed two times that day.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you decided to go into engineering.   Answer Question
  • How has your schooling prepared you to become an engineer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in October 2019.

Interview

30 minute long interview. Structured interview where they asked 5-6 questions. Expecting a star method response. Interviewed by 3 boeing personel. 2 managers and 1 engineer. If you write notes, they will ask to keep the notes you wrote

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Phone interview with 5 questions they ask in every interview. All questions were about personal project experience. The questions were mostly about teamwork and interpersonal skills. No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Have you have had an conflict in priority in a group project?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

They used a standard phone interview with two managers. I was surprised that they didn't want to do an in person following the phone call. It was rather low stress.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

HR set up a phone interview with three of the engineering managers. They used a very structured interview format consisting of ~5 SAR questions. It was clear they were taking notes the whole time. Would have preferred a less robotic interview process, but I guess that is their way of keeping things fair for everyone.

I was completely ghosted after the interview. I reached out for follow-up but still never heard anything. Really unprofessional on the part of HR. Thumbs down.

Interview Questions

• Basic "describe a time when" type questions. Only one that really threw me off was when they asked specific examples about diversity. I explained that I've been working on very diverse teams my whole life (including living and working abroad a good portion of my life) but they only seemed interested in a single, specific example.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I was contacted after a career fair. They flew me out and there was an interview and a presentation session. Pretty standard process. I had two interview rounds, one was with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of your most recent projects at school or work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied for the position in February, got an email asking for a phone interview in May. The process mainly involved behavioral questions in Boeing's format. They care about how well you are able to answer these questions in the way that they ask you to.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

It consisted of three stages. Firstly, i was interviewed by phone. Then I was invited to a 1:1 in person interview. Lastly i was called in for a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your greatest achievement?   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

One interview at a Boeing facility in St. Louis gained through an internship program that Boeing ran jointly with my University. I had a single hour long behavioral interview with a hiring specialist and an engineer.

Interview Questions

• How have you used structural analysis in your past employment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Roanoke, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview included complex equations that required answers that needed to be well thought out and unique. Overall, it was a tough interview so come prepared. Be prepared to be asked tough questions and be put in uncomfortable positions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Boeing Company?   1 Answer