Boeing Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Mechanical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Boeing

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied for the position in February, got an email asking for a phone interview in May. The process mainly involved behavioral questions in Boeing's format. They care about how well you are able to answer these questions in the way that they ask you to.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you dealt with a difficult coworker?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Got the interview by going to my campus career fair. Emailed me the next week for an interview. The interview was 45 minutes long, two people were interviewing me. All the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to take on a project by yourself?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult class you have taken, why was it the most difficult, and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

One interview at a Boeing facility in St. Louis gained through an internship program that Boeing ran jointly with my University. I had a single hour long behavioral interview with a hiring specialist and an engineer.

Interview Questions

• How have you used structural analysis in your past employment.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Interview

They used a standard phone interview with two managers. I was surprised that they didn't want to do an in person following the phone call. It was rather low stress.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I was contacted after a career fair. They flew me out and there was an interview and a presentation session. Pretty standard process. I had two interview rounds, one was with a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some of your most recent projects at school or work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Roanoke, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview included complex equations that required answers that needed to be well thought out and unique. Overall, it was a tough interview so come prepared. Be prepared to be asked tough questions and be put in uncomfortable positions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the Boeing Company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntington Beach, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

It could pressure you, but stay cool and very basic interview questions. They will ask you to introduce yourself, then start with the job, remember the job description and study well to make sure your answer are very related to what they are looking for.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in August 2013.

Interview

One phone interview with the five standard Boeing management questions asked. Absolutely no engineering questions asked. This was an interview with the hiring manager, group leads and the skill team leader.

Interview Questions

• Name a project where you had to take over as lead, due to the job not getting finished on time, and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2015.

Interview

They will only ask behavioral questions which should be answered with the STAR format. They are not particularly difficult but definitely prepare some responses to common STAR questions ahead of time.

For my interview, they warned me ahead of time that they would not make much or any eye contact with me during the interview because they would be constantly writing my responses down; they just wanted to make sure I didn't think they were being rude, haha! It was pretty straightforward after that. They asked about 5 questions I think and then said good bye and good luck. I should mention I was hired on through Boeing EAHI (Engineering Acclerated Hiring Initiative) out of college. The way that works is they interview you on campus and give you a 'yes' or 'no' by the end of the day. They then fly you out to Seattle (I think now they do Charleston) to tour you around the differenct facilities and to interview with a few managers, after which they will place you with a group for your job.

Interview Questions

• Unfortunately I cannot remember, it was over 2 years ago. Just look up some common STAR questions online and you should be set.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY).

Interview

Nearing 3 months of "under consideration" and am still waiting. Star questions should be asked during the interview. A student intern describe that a phone interview maybe become the case.

Interview Questions

• Star questions are used. A student intern describe that a phone interview maybe become the case.   Answer Question