Boeing Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 29, 2017

3.3

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Boeing has a different interview process they only ask you about 7 questions and you need to provide SMART Answers goals process and results, need to emphasize a lot on results. It's challenging interview

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time and they give you a scenario, what was the goal, what method you used and what were the results   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview type is structural interview. All job interviews have a same and standard questions. I applied online at Boeing website. I waited for a month to get a phone interview with which was a screening interview. Then after another 2 weeks I got invited for an interview at one of Boeing office. There were 4 managers interviewed me. They asked about work experiences and also behavioral interview questions style.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Interview question: Tell me the time you made a mistake and what is your action?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I submitted an online application, then had several subsequent interviews for a variety of positions and office locations. The process involved the HR rep, several people that would be peers, several more that would be subordinates, and the person that would be my supervisor

Interview Questions

• what in my background makes me a good candidate for job   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Structured interview... Tell us about a issue you were faced with, what actions did you take to correct the issue, and what was the outcome or results that can be linked to your actions

Interview Questions

• Tell us how your experience and training have prepared you for this position   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

5 Structured Interview Questions over the phone with a panel. They screened my resume/application first. Manager called me to schedule an interview. After the interview, he called me to ask for my managers contact. They talked about my experience and then the hiring manager gave me a call to unofficially extend an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with someone with a different background than you (race, gender, age, etc.) A general question about your training/background. Diversity question. A time when you disagreed with someone else. A project that was above and beyond your normal responsibility.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing in July 2015.

Interview

Submit application against a specific job requisition. Applicants will only be considered for that specific job. If selected for interview, notified. Interview may be by phone or in person. If you are not selected, you may never know. Boeing uses "structured interviews" which guarantee that employees are all interviewed the same; however, they may not really give the employees an opportunity to describe their suitability for the job.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever encountered adversity in the workplace? If so what was it, what did you do, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Submitted Application, was contacted by 90 days after I submitted application. I was interviewed using a structured interview process. The applicant needs to talk about a situation, what I did and what was the outcome. They are looking specifically for this format. What they are looking for is: during the situation did you or your team see a need to improve upon the situation? If so, what did you do? Then the outcome, did you improve the situation by reducing a financial obligation to the company? Did you improve the situation by reducing steps it took to complete therefore you introduced a lean practice?

Interview Questions

• The diversity questions aren't usually about what you think it is: Gender, race, nationality. It can be about a different culture you came into or how people perceive differently because they were raised differently than you. Answers to the diversity are usually: I get along with anybody, I like all kinds of people from different races, genders and nationalities.
      Think outside the box and come up with an answer in how you might have encountered a different culture than your own and you worked with that person to come up with a compromise or a solution.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Wasn't able to negotiate pay or time off. The package they offered was the package they offered

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Standard situation question, usually top 3 people are invited to interview after screen by the system and the hiring manager. Interview probably not longer then 30 minutes will know results in about 2 weeks by email

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

STAR
    Situation
    Threat
    Action
    Result
    Questions are posed by the panel, they must be answered using the STAR method. This method outlines what was happening. The problem that arose. The actions taken to address the threat. Finally, the resulting outcome.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that was threatened from scope ceeep,
      How did you (me) handle the problem
      What was the outcome
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online, got an interview a week later. The interview was scheduled to last 45 minutes, but mine lasted about an hour and a half. I receive an offer call from my boss after 3 hours. An effective PM is one that shows very strong empathetic skill and strength/confidence in their ability to lead and get the job done.

Remember, when you get an interview, they already think you're qualified. Make sure you are able to convey your social skills and passion for project management in your interview. It is by far one of the most difficult jobs to land due to the rare nature of someone who possesses strong social skill, technical prowess, and proven adaptability.

Interview Questions

• Make sure to display your personality up front. Do research on the company and think about why and how your skills can contribute to the company. This is true for any interview. STAR method questions are very straightforward. If you do your research, you may be able to predict a few questions they will ask. Be honest. I feel this advice was key to my success in getting an offer. Good luck!   1 Answer