Boeing Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 7, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (New York, NY).

Interview

Formal interview process at Boeing means no real room for creativity. My last one was on the phone, but I've had identical ones in person before. They read a statement to you, then ask you 4-6 questions that are almost always identical from one job to the next and will be identical to all other candidates. They remind you to answer in a "Situation, Response, Result" format that they will grade you on.

Interview Questions

• List all education and experience you have that prepares you for this position.   Answer Question
  • Tell about a time you worked with someone difficult on a project   Answer Question
  • Tell about a time you worked with someone different from you ethnically or culturally and how you overcame your differences   Answer Question
  • Tell about a time you applied new learning to a project to succeed   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied online and it took about 3-4 months to hear back. Received an email stating that I had been selected for a phone interview. The position was entry level so it wasn't anything to too technical about the job. Mainly school experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Long Beach, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Technical interview with senior management included asking quality situation results. Was asked how I conduct myself with a diverse culture, so I provided examples of where and who I worked with. Was asked about explaining the outcome of a difficult situation I have been involved with, and I explained how to turn it around for the benefit of both employees as well as the teams we work with. Asked to discuss problem, containment, direct and true root cause, corrective action, implementation schedules, verification of implementation, and post mortem activities.

Interview Questions

• How to conduct corrective action process   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntington Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntington Beach, CA).

Interview

Boeing conducts structured interviews, and expects responses in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). There are usually at least two managers conducting the interview, and you are rated on each question you answer as the interview progresses. You and all other applicants for the same position are asked the same exact questions in order to evaluate all applicants on the same criteria. The questions are behavioral, and usually require conveying a story from your professional past.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you thought you had a good idea but someone else thought otherwise.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate salary. I accepted the offer that was given to me.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview was a standard structured interview of 5 questions. Standard for all Boeing interviews. The interviewers were great. Easy to talk to and seemed equally interested. Very engaging.

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (El Segundo, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

I was already working for Boeing and was applying for a Quality Engineer position within the company. I received a phone call from a staff member who asked me when I can schedule a first round phone interview. The phone interview consisted of five panelists and lasted for 1 hour. The questions that were asked are all behavioral where I would be asked to discribe a situation where I did this or did that. The questions included the likes of:

- Describe a time when you demonstrated leadership.
    - Describe a time when you influenced a group.
    - Describe a time when you took the initiative to starte something.

After the interview, I was asked if I had any questions. I was then told that they will let me know if I will be receiving a second round interview. After a month, I received a phone call and was told I will be interviewed for a second round. This interview was done in person. The panelists only consisted of the manager and the HR representative. The questions that were asked were very similar in format to the ones asked during the first round interview. Some of the questions might have been the same. A week later, I was offered the position and given 48 hours to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since the pay was already more than 12% higher than my then current position within the same company.