Boeing Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Software Engineer I Interview Questions

Interviews at Boeing

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on Boeing's website, and a couple of weeks later I got an email asking to set up a phone interview. I was surprised to find that the phone interview consisted of just 6 behavioral questions (describe a time when...) and that was it. I got an email about 3 days later to fly me to St. Louis for a plant visit.

That day was great. There were 3 applicants, and we had multiple presentations, a tour, and got brought through their museum. You sit down 1-on-1 with 3 separate managers for about an hour each. Only one asked a few technical questions, but for the most part it was the managers describing what they do. I ended up receiving an offer, I countered, and they raised it. In the end I chose a different company but I was very impressed with Boeing and their benefits.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem with a manager or professor. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with two functional managers of the teams I would be applying for. STARS behavioral questions were all I was asked on the phone interview. Then after that they flew me out to St. Louis where I had a plant visit. I interviewed with three teams for an hour each. It was STARS with a little bit of technical questions. They provided lunch, and talked with us, it was an all day event. It was relaxing.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

I was asked in for an interview several months after applying. The first interview was on the phone. They selected something like 5 questions of a preset 20 that they ask every employee. All behavioral HR stuff. You can honestly Google and find the questions listed online. I did not get a single technical question. Soon after, I was called and asked to come in-person for an interview. This one was less of an interview and more them attempting to convince me to join one of several teams. They showed me the products I would be working on and then gave me a tour of one of the airplane factories. To be honest, they lied a little when they showed me the products. One of them was simply a product they integrated with, as opposed to a product they worked on. At the time, it was their most impressive product and most interesting to me, so you can understand how I found this upsetting after taking the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked simple stuff like what has prepared you for this job.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied to an open req on the Boeing website and a couple of weeks later was contacted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by two people and it was a structured interview consisting of 6 questions. The first question was about your background followed by 5 behavioral questions where they basically want you to answer using the STAR method. Was contacted the same day after the interview stating they were interested and there were back and forth talks about salary expectation for a couple of weeks before I got a formal offer about 3 weeks later. The benefits at Boeing are great but I ended up declining due to having a better offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to integrate a piece of software into a large scale environment.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I went to a job fair and they had an event going on that allowed me to meet with the managers and schedule an interview. The interview was pretty standard; just basic questions. No technical. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty simple behavior questions. What would you do in certain situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

First interview was a basic phone interview.

Second interview they flew me to St. Louis. I had an interview with one of the experienced developers in the group. Surprisingly, there was no coding at all - we just talked about the product, my experience, and some development concepts. However, I've heard that more recently they have added some coding exercises and more detailed questions.

Overall, a surprisingly easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with content management tools?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to make a counter-offer and they raised their offer by about 3%, which I accepted.

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people who currently are working at the site I applied two. The interview was entirely behavioral questions with SAR responses. They asked around 6 questions and then I was allowed to ask any questions I had on the position and what I would be doing if I got hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a group where you didn't know anyone. How did you and the rest of the group get along?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2008.

Interview

Note: this position was targeted at recent college grads.
    A couple weeks after submitting my resume to their website, I received an automated email saying I was being considered for the position, and I had to fill out a more detailed online application. A week or two after that I was contacted via email requesting a phone interview, which I accepted. The phone interview was conducted by two hiring managers and lasted about 30 minutes. They took turns asking fixed questions, 6 in total. Most questions were not technical in nature, but rather involved describing some situation in the past and how I handled it. At the end of the phone interview they indicated that they would like to bring me out for an on-site interview.
    The on-site interview was set up for a few weeks later (they had fixed dates), and I was there with a group of 6 candidates in total. They flew me out the night before and back on the same day after the interview. The interview lasted from 9am - 3pm. It involved presentations by them about Boeing, the work environment, and benefits; three one hour one-on-one interviews with representatives from different Boeing groups; and a tour of the facility. At the end of the day, they indicated that offer/non-offer packets would be sent out that night. I received the offer two days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe the least favorite manager you have had, what didn't you like about him/her, how did you deal with him/her?
      (Nothing too difficult or unexpected was asked.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted within a week and got a phone interview that lasted one hour. There were 2 interviewers and they asked basic questions about my experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult or unexpected questions. Coming out of college, I had a relatively tough time talking about testing and working on big projects.   Answer Question

Got a better offer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in June 2012.

Interview

Applied online, and after a lengthy application review received email regarding a phone which seemed like initial screening process. Single interview over the phone, received a response a few weeks after. This was a conference call with the chain of command including my direct manager and functional lead. Received invitation in an email which did not look like an offer, but was really an invitation for pre-employment processing where I got my badge. Did not get a change to negotiate salary at all.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and duties carried out.   1 Answer