Boeing Software Engineer I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Software Engineer I Interview Questions

Interviews at Boeing

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied on Boeing's website, and a couple of weeks later I got an email asking to set up a phone interview. I was surprised to find that the phone interview consisted of just 6 behavioral questions (describe a time when...) and that was it. I got an email about 3 days later to fly me to St. Louis for a plant visit.

That day was great. There were 3 applicants, and we had multiple presentations, a tour, and got brought through their museum. You sit down 1-on-1 with 3 separate managers for about an hour each. Only one asked a few technical questions, but for the most part it was the managers describing what they do. I ended up receiving an offer, I countered, and they raised it. In the end I chose a different company but I was very impressed with Boeing and their benefits.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem with a manager or professor. What did you do and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Applied online. I was contacted within a week and got a phone interview that lasted one hour. There were 2 interviewers and they asked basic questions about my experience and how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Not really any difficult or unexpected questions. Coming out of college, I had a relatively tough time talking about testing and working on big projects.   Answer Question

Got a better offer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with two functional managers of the teams I would be applying for. STARS behavioral questions were all I was asked on the phone interview. Then after that they flew me out to St. Louis where I had a plant visit. I interviewed with three teams for an hour each. It was STARS with a little bit of technical questions. They provided lunch, and talked with us, it was an all day event. It was relaxing.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2014.

Interview

I was asked in for an interview several months after applying. The first interview was on the phone. They selected something like 5 questions of a preset 20 that they ask every employee. All behavioral HR stuff. You can honestly Google and find the questions listed online. I did not get a single technical question. Soon after, I was called and asked to come in-person for an interview. This one was less of an interview and more them attempting to convince me to join one of several teams. They showed me the products I would be working on and then gave me a tour of one of the airplane factories. To be honest, they lied a little when they showed me the products. One of them was simply a product they integrated with, as opposed to a product they worked on. At the time, it was their most impressive product and most interesting to me, so you can understand how I found this upsetting after taking the offer.

Interview Questions

• They asked simple stuff like what has prepared you for this job.   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I went to a job fair and they had an event going on that allowed me to meet with the managers and schedule an interview. The interview was pretty standard; just basic questions. No technical. All behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• It was pretty simple behavior questions. What would you do in certain situations   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied to an open req on the Boeing website and a couple of weeks later was contacted to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was conducted by two people and it was a structured interview consisting of 6 questions. The first question was about your background followed by 5 behavioral questions where they basically want you to answer using the STAR method. Was contacted the same day after the interview stating they were interested and there were back and forth talks about salary expectation for a couple of weeks before I got a formal offer about 3 weeks later. The benefits at Boeing are great but I ended up declining due to having a better offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you had to integrate a piece of software into a large scale environment.   Answer Question

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in October 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people who currently are working at the site I applied two. The interview was entirely behavioral questions with SAR responses. They asked around 6 questions and then I was allowed to ask any questions I had on the position and what I would be doing if I got hired.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you worked with a group where you didn't know anyone. How did you and the rest of the group get along?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2011.

Interview

First interview was a basic phone interview.

Second interview they flew me to St. Louis. I had an interview with one of the experienced developers in the group. Surprisingly, there was no coding at all - we just talked about the product, my experience, and some development concepts. However, I've heard that more recently they have added some coding exercises and more detailed questions.

Overall, a surprisingly easy interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with content management tools?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to make a counter-offer and they raised their offer by about 3%, which I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

Found me at career fair. Interviewed later that week. Got an onsite interview and interviewed with a couple of managers. Got to pick which team I wanted to be on.

Didn't ask many pointed questions but did go through code and talk about troubleshooting, what it does, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you debug a box with wires going in and out without opening the box?   1 Answer

Software Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

A couple of weeks after applying, I was asked to set up a phone interview. The questions consisted mainly of behavioral questions. Responses needed to be answered using the STAR method. There were also a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with low-level programming? How so?   Answer Question