Boeing Software Engineer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Software Engineer III Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

First did phone interview, based on this I got a tour & multi-group interview. 3 groups asked me questions, none of which were very technical, and 2 of them offered me positions.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR/conflict resolution type questions, almost no technical questions at all.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in February 2015.

Interview

Structured interview with very few technical questions. All candidates will be asked the same question and each member of the interview board will rate your response. The interview will typically run for an hour or so and may not require a face-to-face screening by potential team members. Format answers to situational questions as follows: problem, your action, result.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you solved a problem. Give problem, your action, and the result.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2012.

Interview

A human resource representative set up phone interview with two department managers. They asked questions about my work experience. Then they pass your resume around the various groups throughout the department. If any groups think you might be a good fit, you are contacted for an on-site interview with those groups.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was in the range of other offers I received. So I accepted it as it was with no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boeing (Kent, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

The interviews are done using the formal interview process. All the questions are behavioral questions. There were no technical coding questions. They read off a predefined set of questions. Paneled interview with 3-5 people for about 2 hours. There are two managers one from a different team, one technical lead and an engineer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Mesa, AZ) in June 2008.

Interview

This division / work group uses the "structured" interview technique. The questions covered problems that were encountered on previous job assignments including technical problems, co-worker problems, etc. They were interested in what the problem was and how you approached and eventually solved the problem.

Interview Questions

• give us an example of a time you were assigned a task where the expectations / deliverable was not explicitly defined, How did you successfully complete the assignment?   Answer Question

Software Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in June 2011.

Interview

They only asked a few "technical" questions. Example - "What do you see as the main differences between C# and Java?"

Other than that, it was all structured interview questions... "Tell me about a time when you failed?" "Tell me about a time you had to work under a difficult manager."

Interview Questions

• When you have two tasks and both are due at the same time, how do you determine which is the more important task?   Answer Question

They did not offer me a raise over my current position so I declined.