Boeing Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Boeing

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied online... a couple of weeks later was sent a questionnaire to fill out via email... a week later asked to fill out an application online... a couple of weeks later was emailed that I had been selected for an interview, was given a date but not a time or location... then two days before the interview was emailed the rest of the details. So it's a long process without much details or personal touch along the way. Interviewed in front of a panel of people... standard behavioral type questions. The interview panel was nice but it was a very structured process. Was allowed to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• There are 5 or 6 standard behavioral questions all expecting a star response.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The interviewer has a list of questions that are clearly from a script, where they are sure the are P.C. and couldn't possibly be grounds for a complaint. That makes it difficult for both sides to actually communicate anything meaningful about the job or how interactions with the rest of the team might go.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing is there weren't any questions that actually meant anything. I knew about the actual work being done through my connection.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, as this was a contract with a fixed billing rate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted to organize an interview within a week. Interview was an hour long. I basically spoke to two robots "engineering managers" who read questions off a script, asked the same question rephrased 3 times, and sounded like they had very little clue about software engineering or computer science at all. Halfway through the interview after answering the same question for the third time, I decided I didn't even want to work for a company with as embarrassing as an interview process as this. Practice your acting skills, polish up your stories, and you should do just fine.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with others?
      Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker to finish a task?
      Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult group member.
      Tell us about a time you faced a conflict with a supervisor or manager.
      Tell me about a situation where you had a conflict at work.
      Describe a time when you were working on a team project and you had to motivate your teammates to accomplish their tasks. What was the situation? What role did you play? What was the outcome?

.. ad infinitum   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was at a job fair. I had the first interview on the spot. It was mainly focused on my background. No behavioral/technical question. The second interview was focused on the technical details about the most challenging projects encountered in my professional path. There were also behavioral questions. If you are lying about your background, it will show up during this phase, so be honest on your resume (honesty always pays back). The last interview was a team interview. I hated it! I happened to be interviewed with other 3 guys. Two of them were very nice and smart. The other two people talked the whole time. One also interrupted me in the moment during which I was trying to say something. The other one was a Chinese with a very strong accent. I couldn't understand what he was saying. So that played a big role on my whole performance. I work really well with other people, but this shows you the inefficacy of team interviews. You can perform poorly because of the other team members.

Interview Questions

• I can't tell you the questions because I signed a NDE paper. But they were not hard questions.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing in February 2013.

Interview

I applied at college/university career fair. I got a phone call from boeing in the next day. The interview difficulty was average. They expected the you to answer interview questions using the S.T.A.R. method: situation, task, action, and result.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in May 2013.

Interview

Was called to set up a phone interview. Interviewer was very helpful and clear about what the team was looking for ahead of time. Phone interview was a group of 5 with 1 being the hiring manager and the rest being team members. All questions were STAR based and fairly common questions (tell us a time when X happened). No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• A deadline is approaching and you cannot finish all the work left on time - do you partially do everything or completely do a few things leaving others not implemented?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by the program manager and a senior engineer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told the project manager what I wanted to make and that was what I got. I knew what others in the job were getting and it was a narrow field so I had a good idea of what I should make and what they would be willing to pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (El Segundo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Everything question was required to be answered in STAR structure.
    Questions its self were easy to answer since it was a structured interview.
    It took a full month for any response after the interview.

Interview Questions

• None of the question were difficult or unexpected.
      I felt they were more looking into my personality then the answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Denver, CO) in March 2009.

Interview

structured interview didnt ask pertinent questions, only 2o f four people asked questions. was not allowed to submit statements, just answers to questions. did not tell applicant what the job entailed

Interview Questions

• there were no hard questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

no phase

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

They went over the basic STAR procedure and asked me several questions concerning engineering in general. They expected me to relate the questions back to my experience in labs and at work. The interview was fairly straightforward and easy to comprehend. As long as you remember Situation, Task, Action and Result, you should be fine.