Boeing Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 31, 2018

2.5

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Applied online... a couple of weeks later was sent a questionnaire to fill out via email... a week later asked to fill out an application online... a couple of weeks later was emailed that I had been selected for an interview, was given a date but not a time or location... then two days before the interview was emailed the rest of the details. So it's a long process without much details or personal touch along the way. Interviewed in front of a panel of people... standard behavioral type questions. The interview panel was nice but it was a very structured process. Was allowed to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• There are 5 or 6 standard behavioral questions all expecting a star response.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

The interviewer has a list of questions that are clearly from a script, where they are sure the are P.C. and couldn't possibly be grounds for a complaint. That makes it difficult for both sides to actually communicate anything meaningful about the job or how interactions with the rest of the team might go.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected thing is there weren't any questions that actually meant anything. I knew about the actual work being done through my connection.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, as this was a contract with a fixed billing rate.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in May 2013.

Interview

Was called to set up a phone interview. Interviewer was very helpful and clear about what the team was looking for ahead of time. Phone interview was a group of 5 with 1 being the hiring manager and the rest being team members. All questions were STAR based and fairly common questions (tell us a time when X happened). No technical questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• A deadline is approaching and you cannot finish all the work left on time - do you partially do everything or completely do a few things leaving others not implemented?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing in February 2013.

Interview

I applied at college/university career fair. I got a phone call from boeing in the next day. The interview difficulty was average. They expected the you to answer interview questions using the S.T.A.R. method: situation, task, action, and result.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Denver, CO) in March 2009.

Interview

structured interview didnt ask pertinent questions, only 2o f four people asked questions. was not allowed to submit statements, just answers to questions. did not tell applicant what the job entailed

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no phase

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I was first contacted via email asking if I'd be interested in a phone interview for a position in Long Beach I had applied to about a month earlier. Details were sorted out over two calls with an office manager, and the interview itself was a conference call with 3 directors, including a team manager, a department director, and the site director.

Interview Questions

• The questions were generic behavioral types, without a lot of follow ups. The closest thing to a surprise was a question towards my experience in an Agile development environment, that seemed targeted at fleshing out if I really understood what the term meant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed by the program manager and a senior engineer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I told the project manager what I wanted to make and that was what I got. I knew what others in the job were getting and it was a narrow field so I had a good idea of what I should make and what they would be willing to pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (El Segundo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Everything question was required to be answered in STAR structure.
    Questions its self were easy to answer since it was a structured interview.
    It took a full month for any response after the interview.

Interview Questions

• None of the question were difficult or unexpected.
      I felt they were more looking into my personality then the answer.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

They went over the basic STAR procedure and asked me several questions concerning engineering in general. They expected me to relate the questions back to my experience in labs and at work. The interview was fairly straightforward and easy to comprehend. As long as you remember Situation, Task, Action and Result, you should be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

I had an hour long phone interview that had three parts. First, some administrative stuff, then 6 questions, and finally some time for me to ask a few questions. The six questions were a mix between experience and personality traits.

Interview Questions

• Describe your approach to testing a large scale software project.   Answer Question