Boeing Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2016

2.6

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

It was an over the phone behavioral interview that lasted about 25 to 30 minutes, followed by open questions at the end. The interview began discussing my experience listed on my resume, followed by general behavioral questions. The questions followed the STAR interview model, asking me to give examples of times I have exhibited certain qualities or dealt with situations. Most questions were centered around leadership, initiative, and conflict resolution.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict while working in a group setting. How did you resolve that conflict?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I met the hiring manager at a career fair. The hiring manager reached out to me via email, and we scheduled a date for me to do a technical screening. It was the first time I had to code in front of another engineer, so the pressure got to me. Looking back at it, it was an easy question. Lessons learned: just relax and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• They asked be basic Java knowledge and questions related to multi-threaded programming.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I had a phone interview for an entry level software engineering position with Boeing Defence. Boeing utilized STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) questions. However, these questions were tailored towards the software development process.

Interview Questions

• Describe an issue you faced in a software project and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a email requesting a phone screen. Unfortunately I was not suited for the position and couldn't answer some of the basic questions that the interviewer asked for. In hindsight I should have studied up on the topics listed in the job description. It would have been a fairly simple screening had I done some basic reading.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Silly interviews, nothing to do with the candidate ability to do the job. They do not hire the best capable people. They hire the best candidates from a very small pool and do not question why it is so small. The job postings do not reflect the company's real need. I can only imagine that this is going on for 30 or more years experiencing the resulting culture. Damage has already been done.

Interview Questions

• They asked a series of questions that were created by the manager.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Phone interview, 2 rounds of on-site interview. First round is behavioral and second is technical. First round was very long as they will ask you about past projects and experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Herndon, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

They have a structured interview process, and as such they ask interviewees to not disclose the details of the process. But generally speaking they have a list of questions that relate to the position that seem to be taken from some database and they ask you these questions and write down notes based on your response

Interview Questions

• They also ask a series of questions that were created by the supervisor (technical questions)   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Typical behavioral interview. Practice your STAR answers. Was only asked one technical question the entire time. Questions were things like 'Tell us about a time you overcame adversity?' or 'Tell us about a time you worked with a diverse team? What was your role on the team and was the team successful?'

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

First screen is your resume. The first interview was behavioral and two week later they ask for a technical interview with some of the team leads of the project. Basic common sense questions for the behavioral and average skill for the technical.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Question: Do you ever failed to meet a deadline and what was your approach to that situation?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got contacted to organize an interview within a week. Interview was an hour long. I basically spoke to two robots "engineering managers" who read questions off a script, asked the same question rephrased 3 times, and sounded like they had very little clue about software engineering or computer science at all. Halfway through the interview after answering the same question for the third time, I decided I didn't even want to work for a company with as embarrassing as an interview process as this. Practice your acting skills, polish up your stories, and you should do just fine.

Interview Questions

• How do you work with others?
      Describe a time when you had to work with a difficult co-worker to finish a task?
      Explain a time where you had to deal with a difficult group member.
      Tell us about a time you faced a conflict with a supervisor or manager.
      Tell me about a situation where you had a conflict at work.
      Describe a time when you were working on a team project and you had to motivate your teammates to accomplish their tasks. What was the situation? What role did you play? What was the outcome?

.. ad infinitum