Boeing Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 28, 2017

2.5

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Met with software focals on campus. Did typical STAR interview with 5 questions, responding with examples. Then taken on site to meet with a few different teams. This was less of an interview and more finding a good fit. Ranked teams and given offer from there.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online. A few days later, I received an email and set up a phone interview time. I called a conference number and two men were waiting for me. They introduced themselves and their role at Boeing. Then they asked about my background, the software development life cycle, and three questions about times I had trouble working in groups. They took my questions and that was the end.

Interview Questions

• What is the software development life cycle and what do you find is the most difficult part?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Boeing's interview process is very rigorous and very structured. You must be prepared going into it but you never know what kind of questions they're going to ask you. You must form your response using SAR, that is explain the SITUATION, discuss the ACTION that YOU took, and provide the RESULTS of your actions to that situation. And you want to heavily weight your responses on the RESULT portion of your responses. You will be in front of a panel, it's very nerve wracking. Bring a pad of paper and pen, take your time, and form your responses before you respond. Bring extra copies of your resume as well.

Interview Questions

• They ask things like tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult personality and how you handled that situation. Or they'll ask something like tell me about a time you were working on a project with a team and you encountered a disagreement with a team member, how did you resolve your problem? stuff like that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at the Seattle plant. The managers were very professional and helpful. The technical questions were exactly what you would expect. Data structures, algorithms. Problem solving skills are a must to have a chance at this position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing (Chantilly, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

standard phone screening followed by on site interviews. The process was pretty seamless and not a burden to go through. The phone screen involved sharing my screen and fixing / writing some code. The on site interview was more about personality

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

It was an over the phone behavioral interview that lasted about 25 to 30 minutes, followed by open questions at the end. The interview began discussing my experience listed on my resume, followed by general behavioral questions. The questions followed the STAR interview model, asking me to give examples of times I have exhibited certain qualities or dealt with situations. Most questions were centered around leadership, initiative, and conflict resolution.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict while working in a group setting. How did you resolve that conflict?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I met the hiring manager at a career fair. The hiring manager reached out to me via email, and we scheduled a date for me to do a technical screening. It was the first time I had to code in front of another engineer, so the pressure got to me. Looking back at it, it was an easy question. Lessons learned: just relax and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• They asked be basic Java knowledge and questions related to multi-threaded programming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Brought on under the Engineering Accelerated Hiring Initiative program (EAHI). Talked to a recruiter at my university, interviewed the next day. Received a call back from the recruiter later on that day with an offer to go to the matching event in Seattle.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a very large amount of data on a project and how you went about handling it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I had a phone interview for an entry level software engineering position with Boeing Defence. Boeing utilized STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) questions. However, these questions were tailored towards the software development process.

Interview Questions

• Describe an issue you faced in a software project and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a email requesting a phone screen. Unfortunately I was not suited for the position and couldn't answer some of the basic questions that the interviewer asked for. In hindsight I should have studied up on the topics listed in the job description. It would have been a fairly simple screening had I done some basic reading.