Boeing Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL).

Interview

Boeing's interview process is very rigorous and very structured. You must be prepared going into it but you never know what kind of questions they're going to ask you. You must form your response using SAR, that is explain the SITUATION, discuss the ACTION that YOU took, and provide the RESULTS of your actions to that situation. And you want to heavily weight your responses on the RESULT portion of your responses. You will be in front of a panel, it's very nerve wracking. Bring a pad of paper and pen, take your time, and form your responses before you respond. Bring extra copies of your resume as well.

Interview Questions

• They ask things like tell me about a time when you had to work with a difficult personality and how you handled that situation. Or they'll ask something like tell me about a time you were working on a project with a team and you encountered a disagreement with a team member, how did you resolve your problem? stuff like that.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

It was an over the phone behavioral interview that lasted about 25 to 30 minutes, followed by open questions at the end. The interview began discussing my experience listed on my resume, followed by general behavioral questions. The questions followed the STAR interview model, asking me to give examples of times I have exhibited certain qualities or dealt with situations. Most questions were centered around leadership, initiative, and conflict resolution.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with conflict while working in a group setting. How did you resolve that conflict?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I met the hiring manager at a career fair. The hiring manager reached out to me via email, and we scheduled a date for me to do a technical screening. It was the first time I had to code in front of another engineer, so the pressure got to me. Looking back at it, it was an easy question. Lessons learned: just relax and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• They asked be basic Java knowledge and questions related to multi-threaded programming.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing (San Francisco, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Brought on under the Engineering Accelerated Hiring Initiative program (EAHI). Talked to a recruiter at my university, interviewed the next day. Received a call back from the recruiter later on that day with an offer to go to the matching event in Seattle.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a very large amount of data on a project and how you went about handling it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I had a phone interview for an entry level software engineering position with Boeing Defence. Boeing utilized STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Results) questions. However, these questions were tailored towards the software development process.

Interview Questions

• Describe an issue you faced in a software project and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a email requesting a phone screen. Unfortunately I was not suited for the position and couldn't answer some of the basic questions that the interviewer asked for. In hindsight I should have studied up on the topics listed in the job description. It would have been a fairly simple screening had I done some basic reading.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Colorado Springs, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a informal phone interview. Most of what was asked since it was an internship was about my school and how I worked in group projects. Nothing was the difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• What's an instance where there was a problem in your group and how did you solve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Silly interviews, nothing to do with the candidate ability to do the job. They do not hire the best capable people. They hire the best candidates from a very small pool and do not question why it is so small. The job postings do not reflect the company's real need. I can only imagine that this is going on for 30 or more years experiencing the resulting culture. Damage has already been done.

Interview Questions

• They asked a series of questions that were created by the manager.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Phone interview, 2 rounds of on-site interview. First round is behavioral and second is technical. First round was very long as they will ask you about past projects and experiences.

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Herndon, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

They have a structured interview process, and as such they ask interviewees to not disclose the details of the process. But generally speaking they have a list of questions that relate to the position that seem to be taken from some database and they ask you these questions and write down notes based on your response

Interview Questions

• They also ask a series of questions that were created by the supervisor (technical questions)   Answer Question