Boeing Staff Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Staff Analyst Interview Questions

3.1

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

A pain. Takes weeks. The wheels turn slowley.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a time when diversity was a major concern. How did you handle this?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Staff Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I applied online and was invited for in person interview. The first interview was a STAR format with a panel of two; hiring manager and HR. I had a great experience. I passed! Unfortunately, they went on a hiring freeze. I was told that it will be pending but nothing has been changed since then, almost a year.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, just do your homework /research about the company and the position. The interview is STAR format.Getting prepared is the key.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in October 2011.

Interview

It was an interview at a university and it was pleasant. I was interviewed by one person primarily and another was taking notes, too. We discussed generally accepted interview questions in addition to my qualifications for the job.

After talking for a while about various requirements of the job, and after I was able to ask a few questions of my own, I was told that this was the only interview of the process and that I'd be informed of a decision within the next few weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a specific account where you failed at something.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate, but I was okay with that. Boeing pays very well and though they're quite interested in getting young blood on board, they also did a good job offering me enough to say "yes" the first time.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in April 2012.

Interview

Boeing's interview process is very structured. Every applicant is asked the same questions to ensure fairness. Questions are behavioral, revolving around citing work experience to describe a situation pertinent to the question, the action you took and the final outcome. Hiring process is long flow, typically taking 5 months or more from application to actually starting work. Process is rather cold, as knowing people doesn't really help because everything comes through their online application system, and resumes have to make it through computer filters before ever being considered by an actual person. As far as I can tell, those filters are juju, no idea how some make it through and others dont because ones that do are often laughably bad or irrelevant (particularly those for people who shotgun their resume at every job opening).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult co-worker.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can't sperm directly to this from an external hiring perspective. Internally, there is no negotiating...if you get an offer you get to either accept it as is, or decline it and hope for an interview for another position.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in January 2009.

Interview

Their ATS is "BESS" - the online resume submittal website. Seems to have gotten tougher & trickier to be selected for an interview by a resume. It's a 'blackhole' process.

Interview process
    STARO style: Panel gives the interviewee a Situation or Task scenerio, then asks the interviewee what Action(s) they took and the Result(s) &/or Outcome(s) of the action.
    Boeing changed to this style several years ago (probably as a result of the Oxley-Sarbanes court case) and even the hiring managers don't like it. It is a points system designed to be fair and it's very impersonal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No - at least not at my level. The offers are based on a points/algorhythm(sp?) depending on factors such as education. Boeing is not very transparent on this segment of the process.

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Renton, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

I had one phone interview with Boeing. I was then invited to an in person interview. I interview with one manager and two team leads. The interview took about an hour. I was asked about my work history and skill-set.

Interview Questions

• How would I manage working with a large org with my different view points.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Boeing (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

they ask the same questions to everyone. it is set up as SAR. situation, action, your response. they write down everything you say and have some type of scorecard. it is in a sit-down situation usually with 2 other people asking you questions.

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker. what was the situation, what did you do, what was the result   Answer Question

Negotiation

zero negotiation. take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Structured interview process with a panel. The panel consisted of one employee, a manager, a skill team representative and HR personnel. They did not deviate from the questionnaire. The questions are, from my observation, split into categories identifying skill, temperament, diversity, and personal accomplishment. The questions are designed to identify issues and resolutions. Be prepared to identify issues you have faced and your specific action.

Interview Questions

• Identify a time where your actions directly impacted a project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Structured interview taking place over approximately and hour. The managers and leads took turns asking questions where you describe a time you encountered something. You respond by discussing the situation, considerations at hand, the actions you specifically took (you need to take credit for your actions), and the results from the situation. It's a behavioral interview, so they have specific things they are trying to see from you and how well you fit their answers to the behaviors of interest

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tukwila, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Tukwila, WA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was brought into a conference room with 3 interviewers. They have a formatted interview process. So they took turns asking the questions. I was dressed in a suit. Everyone else was business casual.

Interview Questions

• What is your proficiency level with Microsoft Office Suite   Answer Question