Boeing Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 24, 2018

3.1

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Ballwin, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Ballwin, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

They use the STAR method. Make sure you study up on what that means and bring examples to the table. Situation, Task, your Actions and the Results. They are looking to see if you hit some key words in your response so make sure you listen carefully to the question.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a little about yourself and why you think you're qualified for the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward. They give you an offer. You can accept or decline.

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in March 2011.

Interview

Standard company phone interview where 3 or more managers attended and seemed to be reading interview questions line by line from some spreadsheet. The phone interview took about an hour and a half to complete and offered me about 10 minutes to ask questions to interviewees as well.

Interview Questions

• Name one scenario in which you were presented with a problem within a team and how did you effectively lead the team to project success?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Boeing in July 2013.

Interview

Simple phone screen to see if there was a fit. Interviewers were polite and asked standard interview questions that were focused on behavioral type answers. It was a short interview that was easy, but maybe because I prepared. I would recommend you brushing up on the cultural values before going into it

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing in September 2014.

Interview

STAR format They were very nice they went back and forth asking you questions and you had to answer in that format. All behavioral based, did not give me a window for when they would contact

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online in October 2014 and was invited in for an interview a couple of weeks thereafter. The interview was STAR formatted. Two people (a hiring manager and a team leader) were involved in the interview, which was very comfortable and informal in nature. Overall, a great experience.

Interview Questions

• No question stood out as being particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Huntsville, AL) in August 2013.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews. First one was with one person. The next phone interview was with a panel of people that included a hiring manager. Questions are asked, but job offer not given until 2-3 weeks later. The job offer came directly with someone I am currently working with. He called to let me know I have the job and that HR will be emailing the offer sheet.

Interview Questions

• What are some conflicts you had in a professional setting?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was six STAR questions asked by a three person panel. They were very stiff, didn't take many notes and I felt very awkward. I found out after the fact that they were interviewing me for an analyst position, not an engineering position as HR alluded to, not sure what happened.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing in November 2011.

Interview

Standard STAR type questions. Approachable interviewers, relaxed atmosphere and easy discussion that sometimes went off the question track. No problems with that on the part of the interviewers. The overall experience was good. Not stressful and directly to the point. The interviewers welcomed questions from the interviewee before and after the official STAR questions. It was all a very straightforward process that left no question unanswered.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boeing in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was based on STAR. These were not hardball questions, and I was not asked to demonstrate a skill. I was asked questions based on scenarios, questions revolving around clarifying experience listed in my resume, etc. They also encouraged me to ask them questions during the interview. It was a phone interview with about 5 others on the line, however the technical lead of the team I was interviewing for asked most of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've had to resolve conflict in the workplace. How did you handle it and how did you feel about the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The interview itself was straight forward, consisting of a 3-person panel and used structured STAR questions. The panel was very welcoming and made the interview as least stressful as possible, everyone was very friendly and easy to talk with. Just used examples that highlighted the job qualifications and requirements as well as relevant projects and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been or worked in a group where an individual did not contribute? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question