Boeing Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Boeing

3.1

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Initially screened by HR, where basic questions were asked. Things such as when I could start, my current position, why I applied, expected salary, etc. Then had a panel phone interview. I called in and spoke with several members of the team where they asked me basic questions regarding my experience using the "STAR" method. They asked me to describe a situation where I encountered certain challenges or problems. I had to tell them the actions I took to solve this problem and what the results were. There were 7 or so of these questions. I don't remember them all, but the interview took about 2 hours. I received an offer shortly after this phone call.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you encountered a unsafe practice and how did you address it.   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you leveraged knowledge of the engineering cycle to address a problem before it escalated.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2018.

Interview

They asked 5 behavioral/experience based questions. I had interviews for two separate questions and the questions were mostly similar. "Name a time when". Then you were encouraged to answer in the STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a coworker, boss, teammate, etc. that you didn't get along with. How did you handle the situation? WHat was the outcome?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Was asked to apply online after my university’s career fair. Phone interview was scheduled. The interviewers consisted of three people who I could barely hear because they sounded like they were too far away. The interview had STAR based questions and allowed for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• Decribe a system you were in charge of and how you were able to learn how it worked.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

I applied on the boeing's careers website. Received a phone call from the from the hiring manager to set up a phone interview. The interview was a STAR format, where you are asked to describe the situation, task, action, and the result. There were about 5 questions and the interview lasted ~1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to perform a trade study.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was straightforward and simple. A 3-person panel asked 5 questions based around the STAR method. Everyone was very friendly and helpful when I asked them questions. I was able to relate to an interviewer since they used to live where I grew up, which made the process much easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you struggled and what steps you took to overcome that struggle.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

The interview consisted of personal questions and one technical question. Their questions consisted of what I was interested in and what type of work I would like to do. The last question they asked me was about G force. A few days after the interview I received a call stating that they would like to hire me over the summer at 30/hour.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

three interviewers ask behavior related questions. Interviewers were very professional. Use the STAR method to answer questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result). They grade you based on your responses and how well if fits the job, so tailor your answers to job description

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The interview itself was straight forward, consisting of a 3-person panel and used structured STAR questions. The panel was very welcoming and made the interview as least stressful as possible, everyone was very friendly and easy to talk with. Just used examples that highlighted the job qualifications and requirements as well as relevant projects and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been or worked in a group where an individual did not contribute? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in May 2016.

Interview

Attended a veteran job fair. Was set up for a phone interview the following week. Waited a couple of months, then received an e-mail regarding my current interest in the position. I said yes, waited about six weeks then I received another email regarding my interest. Received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• How are you feel you're qualified for this position?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have working with international customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis Junction, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Boeing (Annapolis Junction, MD) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was streamlined, professional and definitely what you would expect from an established company. I was impressed by the efficiency of the staffing and recruiting team as well as the thoughtful, thorough approach of the technical interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How I would approach working with a production team geographically distributed among multiple customer locations.   Answer Question