Boeing Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Boeing Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

3.1

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was straightforward and simple. A 3-person panel asked 5 questions based around the STAR method. Everyone was very friendly and helpful when I asked them questions. I was able to relate to an interviewer since they used to live where I grew up, which made the process much easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you struggled and what steps you took to overcome that struggle.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Boeing

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

The interview consisted of personal questions and one technical question. Their questions consisted of what I was interested in and what type of work I would like to do. The last question they asked me was about G force. A few days after the interview I received a call stating that they would like to hire me over the summer at 30/hour.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in July 2016.

Interview

three interviewers ask behavior related questions. Interviewers were very professional. Use the STAR method to answer questions (Situation, Task, Action, Result). They grade you based on your responses and how well if fits the job, so tailor your answers to job description

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Boeing (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

The interview itself was straight forward, consisting of a 3-person panel and used structured STAR questions. The panel was very welcoming and made the interview as least stressful as possible, everyone was very friendly and easy to talk with. Just used examples that highlighted the job qualifications and requirements as well as relevant projects and past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been or worked in a group where an individual did not contribute? How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing in May 2016.

Interview

Attended a veteran job fair. Was set up for a phone interview the following week. Waited a couple of months, then received an e-mail regarding my current interest in the position. I said yes, waited about six weeks then I received another email regarding my interest. Received an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• How are you feel you're qualified for this position?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have working with international customers?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Boeing in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was based on STAR. These were not hardball questions, and I was not asked to demonstrate a skill. I was asked questions based on scenarios, questions revolving around clarifying experience listed in my resume, etc. They also encouraged me to ask them questions during the interview. It was a phone interview with about 5 others on the line, however the technical lead of the team I was interviewing for asked most of the questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you've had to resolve conflict in the workplace. How did you handle it and how did you feel about the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

It was six STAR questions asked by a three person panel. They were very stiff, didn't take many notes and I felt very awkward. I found out after the fact that they were interviewing me for an analyst position, not an engineering position as HR alluded to, not sure what happened.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boeing.

Interview

Boeing uses a structured interview that focuses on situations you have encountered an how you react. Be sure to clearly define the situation, what you did about it, and the result. Do not get to wordy or you will lose the interviewer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Boeing in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online in October 2014 and was invited in for an interview a couple of weeks thereafter. The interview was STAR formatted. Two people (a hiring manager and a team leader) were involved in the interview, which was very comfortable and informal in nature. Overall, a great experience.

Interview Questions

• No question stood out as being particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Boeing (Houston, TX).

Interview

The first call was from HR to setup an interview directly with the hiring manager. The actual interview call was fairly laid back as they listened to experience and previous duties. There was no standard template they followed (what are your strengths, weaknesses, etc). It was all to the point of the particular position. The in person interview was casual as well with questions about my past experience but with a little more detail. After that I was given a tour of the area I would be working.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, I thought was too tough. All though I have been in interviews and asked technical textbook questions which hardly anyone uses outside of an advanced college engineering course.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Have a number in mind, but know that they are likely to hold on to your initial salary asking in the form you filled out when you first applied. Even if after the interview the job is more demanding then the requisition states. The problem is the HR is virtual in another state so they are not motivated to negotiate much on behalf of the hiring manager if your over their offer.