Boeing Technical Writer II Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Technical Writer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Boeing (Everett, WA) in April 2014.

Interview

This was the first time that I did not have an in-phone interview at any place at all. The manager called me and asked me for an in-person interview, I naturally accepted.

When he sent me the details of the interview, the email stated that it would be in STAR format, and I would not be allowed to show examples of my work. At first, I was pretty confused. I was given the explanation that they did not want to be swayed by your portfolio...

If you are interviewing in the Everett/Renton area, make sure you arrive early to find parking.

Check-in was easy. Once I arrived to the interview area, I signed an NDA and the interview began. It was truly STAR format questions. I had questions that talked about some of my experiences at other companies and a bunch of tell me about a time when...questions.

There were approximately 5 people in my interview. Two managers, two leads, and my eventual co-worker. They were all very friendly and easy to get to know.

I had 6 questions total that lasted for 45 minutes. I got the offer on the same day after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a bit of your background and how did you get started in technical writing?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had failed at something and what did you learn?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for Boeing?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time where you had a conflict with another individual, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
  • What documentation software do you know how to use?   Answer Question