Boise State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.4

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boise State University in June 2017.

Interview

The process was very quick, for a government agency. I submitted my application online which included completing the electronic form as well as uploading a word/PDF resume and cover letter. The position was open for 2 weeks. About 3 days after the interview closed I received a call to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview occurred approximately a week after the closing date. The phone interview was a conference call with 3 people. They asked the typical behavioral/situational questions. About half a week later I received a call to do an in-person interview. The in-person interview was schedule for an hour and 15 minutes and was broken into 2 components: a practical assessment (45 minutes) and interview with all available office staff (45 minutes).

Interview Questions

• Why were you not successful in the past?
      Tell me about a time you had a difficult coworker.
      How you you measure success?
      What motivates you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID).

Interview

Called me for an interview a week after applying. The interview was business casual with the head of graduate programs and the admin for the office. The entire interview lasted about 30-45 minutes.

Student Media Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in May 2016.

Interview

Usually one or two people at Student Media will interview one candidate. Once they narrow down the candidates they will go through a second round of interviews. The first and second interview are pretty similar but second one is just more specific to the role.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel Student Media plays an important role at Boise State?   Answer Question
    • What are some qualities/past experience that best suit you for this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you use this Media Kit to do a mock sales pitch?   Answer Question

Student Custodian Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in September 2015.

Interview

They called me 2 weeks after I applied. In the interview they mostly discussed the job descriptions and everything I need to do on the job. The interviewer was really nice.

Interview Questions

• If I am able to work in this kind of environment   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Boise State University.

Interview

The hiring process was four months long. Waited a month between the writing test and in-person interview. The in-person conversation went extremely well, followed up with thank you emails that were answered saying I would be notified when they made a decision.

A month later, I received a press release with the new person's name at the bottom. Still waiting for my rejection email after three emails asking if the position was filled went unanswered. Extremely unprofessional and disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• What are some ideas you have for reaching out to people via social media?   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Boise State University in May 2015.

Interview

in order to be given this position, a reputation in the department of my study was needed. I voiced my interest in the position by replying to an internal email. Questions after that were mostly related to my schedule and availability. This process was done once face to face, but mostly over email correspondence.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability? How many hours would you be able to work?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in April 2015.

Interview

applied online, was emailed asking for a time to set up and interview. Had a long phone interview (about 1 hour) where we discussed my career goals, experience, and skills, and then was asked later to do an in person interview where I was offered the position

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by a German professor with a thick accent. The language barrier made me nervous but it was ok. I met everyone on the research team. It seemed like one of the professors really didn't like me, but I guess that is just the way he always is. Aparrently I did really well and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What was the coolest thing in the Lab?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I just asked that I could have some time off a month into working there because u had a trip planned they said it was cool.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with an email asking me to come in for an interview.
     The interview consisted of a three panel of PhD's from the department. One of them was asking the majority of the questions. The other two chimed in a few times. I was asked specifically if I was adaptable and flexible for the position demands would change frequently. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good fit for this position or company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiations for this position.

Professional Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Boise State University (Boise, ID) in January 2015.

Interview

The job was posted on Boise State University's career page. You apply online by sending a cover letter and resume. The next step, after several months, was a phone interview from the director and former manager. The final interview consisted of a panel of five asking questions for about an hour. After the interview, I was directed to a computer where I read and answered a two scenarios the former manager had actually experienced.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time that you had to deal with a stressful situation in the workplace and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question